ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Artest suspended for throwing an elbow...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default Artest suspended for throwing an elbow...

"Indiana Pacers forward Ron Artest was suspended for one game without pay by the NBA on Friday for elbowing Portland's Derek Anderson.

Artest hit Anderson in the face during Indiana's 80-71 victory Wednesday night. No foul was called on the play.

Artest, who led the NBA in flagrant fouls last season, sat out Friday's game against Sacramento.

"There's no point in talking about it,'' Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said. "The decision's been made, so we have to live with it and deal with it and figure out a way to win a game without one of our best players.''

Carlisle said Al Harrington would start in Artest's place and defend Sacramento's Peja Stojakovic."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well... I believe they should suspend people for intentionally throwing elbows, that's not right... I think Shaq gets away with way too much, and Malone too... Artest has a bad reputation, and basically any sign of showing a temper on the court will get him suspended, and I gotta admit, that isn't right.

He has learned to control himself much better compared to last year, but he's gotta realize what his loss does to his team... especially during playoff time, that's not gonna fly with his teammates. This wasn't anything too bad though... 1 game, for a minor elbow... a game Indiana ended up losing 94-92.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

I Agree With What You Said...But Shaq Is In A Much Different Position. He's Gettin' His Ass Raped Unlike Any Star Downlow In The NBA...Watchin' The Utah/Lakers Game From A While Back...He Was Gettin' Raped By Fuckin' All The Jazz And Then When He Throws It Down And Makes The Jazz Crumble...He Gets T-Up Cause The Bitches Can't Handle When He Bites Back, So Shit Like That Is Also One Sided And Such But Artest Does Have A Bulls-eye On Him

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2004, 01:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

There is no point in comparing Artest to Shaq in terms of the targets on there backs. Yes they both have a target on there back, but at least Artest gets fouls made against him called, Shaq basically has to be knocked down to the floor, or something equally blatent. If i am wrong please tell me. I am only going by the games i see them in which aren't very many, but i do see both teams about once a week.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2004, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

^---- No one has the balls to foul Shaq hard... that's why he doesn't get any flagrants called toward him... the hack-a-Shaq is for playoffs only, that's the only time you will see someone come after him and foul him... and the players basically confirm with the ref what they're doing before they do it... so, that's mainly why they don't get called.

Mainly why Shaq has such an aggressive style, is because he would get beat on in college, his college coach actually told him to go to the NBA, because he was getting beat up so much, he had to adapt to being more physical in his position, which is what everyone fears about him, and is the main cause of his fouls... he is just too powerful. It's not like other players can't do the same thing... Shaq just intimidates them into not doing it.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote