ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Lacrosse player dies after shot taken to chest...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Mar 2004, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default Lacrosse player dies after shot taken to chest...

"A Cornell University lacrosse player died Wednesday after he was struck in the chest by a ball during a non-conference game against Binghamton.

George Boiardi, a 22-year-old defenseman from Washington, D.C., collapsed on the field during the fourth quarter and never regained consciousness, said school spokesman Simeon Moss.

Boiardi was defending a shot on goal with 2:33 left at Schoellkopf Field when the ball struck him in the chest. Boiardi took a few steps before falling to the ground. Emergency crews tried to revive the player on the field through CPR and shocking him with defibrillators.

Boiardi was taken to Cayuga Medical Center where he was pronounced dead at 6:44 p.m. Moss said the official cause of death had not been determined.

The game was called with the Big Red winning, 9-6.

"Cornell's athletic community is absolutely devastated by this tragic loss," athletic director Andy Noel said in a statement. "George was a terrific person, a great team leader and an excellent student."

Boiardi, a senior studying history, was known for his work ethic. He was voted the team's rookie of the year in 2001, and was an 11-time letter winner at the Landon School in his hometown."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man... all I can say is damn... every sport is physical and dangerous in its own way... and I have a friend who's big into lacrosse, and I've seen one of those balls, they're fucking hard as a rock... this is terrible this kid dies doing something he enjoys...

The fact is, you can't do anything about it, mistakes happens, sports are not as safe as they make seem, pads are good protectors, but they can't cover all of your body... and you're gonna get hit, it happens... but, to die from it is just insane... I can't even explain how bad I feel for this kids family... losing your son or brother like this has got to be devastating...

Unbelievable...
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2004, 08:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Those balls are very very very hard. And there isn't to much protection in the chest area. The only protection you really get in lacross is in the rib area. But anyways lacross is an awesome sport. I wish it would be more popular. The NLL seems to be doing really good though. Its expanding into alot of different areas around North America. I hope one day it can get reconized like the NFL, MLB, ect.