ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Cubans mouth gets him in trouble... again...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Mar 2004, 12:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default Cubans mouth gets him in trouble... again...

"Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was fined $10,000 by the NBA on Wednesday for inappropriate public comments after a loss to the Spurs on March 5.

In the game, Mavericks forward Michael Finley was ejected for elbowing Bruce Bowen. But television replays showed both throwing elbows, and Bowen said after the game they bumped each other.

The Spurs won 113-100, and Cuban said in published reports that he asked one of his players to retaliate against Bowen.

I told one of our guys when you get up close, slap the ball right into his face and I'll pay the fine,'' Cuban said. That's just not right. Different refs have different characteristics in how they call games and that was par for the course.''

-------------------------------------------------------------

Heh... I personally haven't seen this yet... so, I can't comment on how blatent it was... but, this is crazy... I thought Cuban was an alright guy, but this kind of shit is just unexcusable... telling your player to retaliate? If he was gonna do something on his own, that's one thing... but the GM telling his player to throw an elbow is just ridiculous... someone needs to slap Cuban on his wrist and tell him to shut the fuck up, and deal with the game... you don't hear every other GM or coach in the league bitch about losing a game on officiating, and if you do, you don't hear it nearly as often from them as you do from Cuban... he's a rich guy that loves being fined... I guess when you have the money, it's not really that big of a deal, that's why he keeps doing it.

Your thoughts?
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2004, 05:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Tri Send a message via Yahoo to Tri

that mother fucker just loves attention. he has his own little stupid show in Dallas, and hes just a whore for attention. and he's a pretty shitty owner, if hes gonna encourage things like this.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 07:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Minnesota Wrecking Crew

Jaden is on a distinguished road

Ya know....I used to hate guys like Cuban, Steinbrenner, and Dan Snyder. But not so much anymore. Yeah....the might try and buy a championship, but Christ.......a lot of owners don't spend money at ALL.

They just use the sports team they own as a tax write-off. I wish my owners, Carl Pohlad and Red McCombs, would have that passion about winning. Glen Taylor, your exempt from that! hahaha.....Re-signing KG, and getting Sam and Spree.

So, I have gained a new respect for those three and their desire to win and bring championships to their fans and cities. Wish it was contagious, but it's not.

I guess I don't quite know what to make of this situation though. You shouldn't tell a player of your to go and "take out" another guy, but at least Cuban has passion about his team and his players.

Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote