ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Boston traded

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Mar 2004, 09:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Boston traded

Wide receiver David Boston is headed to the Miami Dolphins in a trade from the San Diego Chargers in exchange for a conditional sixth-round pick in the 2005 draft and a player to be named later.

Boston must pass a physical for the trade to be approved. For the Chargers to get the draft choice, Boston must make the Dolphins' 53-man roster.

The trade announcement Monday ended three days of intense negotiations between the Chargers, Dolphins and Boston. The Chargers wanted to unload Boston, who was their main free-agent acquisition last season.

The Dolphins wanted to add him to their offense and reunite him with his former receivers coach, Jerry Sullivan, who was hired by the Dolphins during the offseason.

For the deal to happen, though, Boston had to work out a contract with the Dolphins. He is scheduled to make $24 million over the first four years of a seven-year, $47.4 million deal, and under terms of the renegotiated contract, Boston will make almost all of that money.

The Dolphins will have Boston's base pay at around $535,000. He can make close to $2.5 million in addition to the base salary by just being on the roster for each game. Those roster bonuses will fill out what will be a $3 million salary for 2004. Boston can make $4 million next year in a similar arrangement.

The final part of the settlement came when Boston worked out an agreement for the remaining guarantees of his Chargers contract. The Chargers guaranteed a little less than $12 million of the $47 million contract he signed last year. He made $5.1 million during the first year.

The Chargers and Boston reached a settlement Monday night that gets Boston an additional $1.5 million of guarantees. The Chargers save $5 million by making this trade. Had they cut Boston, they would have been responsible for the entire amount of the guarantee. That means Boston will make $6.6 million from the Chargers instead of $11.6 million.

Boston, 25, is considered one of the league's most powerful deep threats. He's run in the 4.3 second range in the 40-yard dash despite weighing 240 pounds. Boston and the Chargers differed over how much he should weigh.

A heavy weightlifter, Boston wanted to be in the 240-pound range. The Chargers wanted him at around 235 pounds.

The Dolphins made it clear they want him at around 230, and he was agreeable to those numbers.

Boston, a former first-round choice (eighth overall) from Ohio State in 1999, caught 98 passes for the Cardinals in 2001 and led the NFL with 1,598 receiving yards. Last year, he caught 70 passes for 880 yards for the Chargers.

espn
Old 16 Mar 2004, 10:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

a sixth rounder?.....a sixth rounder!!!!

Marty must have hated this guy.....this totally changes the thought process about how the Chargers may pick in the draft.....

Exo, you got any comment?.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2004, 10:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

lmao. I was thinking the same thing. A 6th round pick is nothing. Well from what I was reading on tsn a week or so ago, they were saying that Fitzgerald was going #1.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 12:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Holy shit. That's just, what the fuck. Why are they doing this? God allmighty they better make up for this real quick. They better replace him with some big free agent. They better draft Manning. Just what the hell is going on and who is this mysterious player to be named? Fuck all.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2004, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

Fitzgerald is going first, cause they still have faith in Brees
Old 16 Mar 2004, 01:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

well, I've never seen Fitzgerald play, but if they can trade the manning pick to the raiders for some other compensation, it might work out. Still, I don't know if fitz is going to really be the next Moss, but he could be a good target for brees. And there's this dude, Eric Parker, whose kinda a nobody, but he's got a lot of talent at wr and had a respectable year, for a nobody. And I guess Dwight is still on our team, but fuck. Whatever. Boston was a sit down bitch. Fuck him. Fuck him in his ear

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 16 Mar 2004, 01:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

hey, me and Exo are both ranting today.....whoooooo!!!!......

David Boston for a sixth rounder, and Owens cries like a six month old while having a dirty diaper on.....

sure the NFL has their heads on straight.....Marty must have become a crackhead.....

although, Fitzgerald would be a better Charger than a Raider......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2004, 01:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

yeah, but I'd like to see the chargers get something from the raiders for that number one pick, since they need a qb as much as anyone in the league. I've been reading up on Fitzgerald. 20 year old, 6.3, great hands, great body control, quick speed off the snap, mature and smart. He seems like a pretty good guy and I haven't read a piece of bad press yet. I wouldn't mind seeing a bright young wr come into sd. We did real qood with Tomlinson, and a young threat in the air could be a good counterpunch. Fuck boston anyway. He was an overpaid peice of shit. He didn't do shit for our team. He cried, and I'm sick of crybaby wr's. Fuck em all. You don't want to play, get the fuck off my team bitch. Now fire Marty!!!

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 16 Mar 2004, 04:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

The Chargers made an even more boneheaded decision than the Steelers releasing Josh Miller and signing Chris Gardocki. A sixth round pick is nothing for Boston. Who is making these decisions in San Diego?

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2004, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

6th and cb Jamar Fletcher, Who adds depth and plays opposite the uber cool Jammer and semi cool sammy davis. But I know nothing about Fletcher except that his stats suck ass.

from chargers.com
Quote:
The San Diego Chargers have acquired cornerback Jamar Fletcher, a former first-round pick from the Miami Dolphins, to complete the trade for wide receiver David Boston .

A first-round choice in 2001 with the 26th overall selection, the 5-9, 186-pound Fletcher had his best season for the Dolphins in 2002 when he had 39 tackles and a pair of interceptions while starting four of 16 games.

“Jamar played behind a pair of Pro Bowl players in Miami,” said Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith. “We think he’s a player with a lot of upside and a change of scenery will help jump-start his career.”

Fletcher was selected in the first-round after an All-America career at the University of Wisconsin in which he set a school-record with 21 interceptions. He made himself available for the NFL Draft after his junior season when he earned the Jim Thorpe Award as the nation’s top defensive back and was named the Big Ten Conference’s Defensive Player of the Year. He earned All-America honors after each of his three seasons and all three years he led the Big Ten with seven interceptions.

Fletcher was born Aug. 28, 1979 in St. Louis and graduated from Hazelwood East High School before attending Wisconsin.
well, I don't know anybody who restarts their career in sd

And the guy making some shitty decisions is AJ Smith, who is a buttfucking moron trying to replace the great John Butler, who in 2 years damn near had this team completely turned around. But then he died.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 16 Mar 2004, 05:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Well at least you got a CB. We could use some CB's in the Steel City.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote