ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Knicks Sign An Alcoholic...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Mar 2004, 12:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default Knicks Sign An Alcoholic...

"Vin Baker knows he's running out of chances to prove he can stay sober and contribute in the NBA. The New York Knicks are willing to give him that opportunity.

The former All-Star signed Friday with the Knicks for the rest of the season, a day after winning his arbitration case against the NBA. He was added to the active roster immediately, and coach Lenny Wilkens said Baker would play Friday night against Philadelphia.

I'm taking this opportunity as my last chance to come out and not only play basketball, but as a person, I don't want to make the same mistakes,'' the 32-year-old Baker said. I'm going to try my hardest from day to day not to make the same mistakes that I've made in the past.''

Full story here.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~. ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Well... Baker was playing decent with the Celtics, then he had to start drinking again, so the league got back on him... the Celtics release him, and New York... hoping to knock some sense into him, signs him for the remainder of the year, to possibly add some weight underneath the hoop? Dead weight that is... this guy really has to prove himself with all the shit he's put himself through... drinking in the off-season is one thing, but, going out and getting smashed during the season is completely unexplainable...

New York is a big city, and they have some cruel reporters, so he either starts putting up numbers immediatly, or he's gonna have some people sweating him right after the first game.

Your thoughts?
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2004, 10:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Baker is a good talent who has a problem.....I'd like to see him get his life in order.....

if he does, this is a good pickup for the Knicks.....however, as the Celtics found out......that's a big IF.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote