ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

H...ho....ho...holy fuck omfg!!!!111

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Mar 2004, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default H...ho....ho...holy fuck omfg!!!!111

Cow...cow cow dal JUST READ!!!!!!1111

Henson gets $3.5M guaranteed

The Houston Texans have traded the rights to quarterback Drew Henson to the Dallas Cowboys for a third-round draft choice in the 2005 NFL draft, ESPN.com has learned.

Henson and the Cowboys agreed on an eight-year contract that will void to four years with modest playing time. In all eight years of the deal, the former New York Yankees third baseman will make a guaranteed minimum salary. In 2004, Henson's salary will be $238,000.

Henson, however, is guaranteed at least $3.5 million over the next four years through a roster bonus that will trigger after any season in which he meets the predetermined playing time level. The Dallas Morning News reports that Henson will receive that bonus and void the last four years of the deal if he plays just 15 percent of the team's snaps in 2004. Henson's deal also has a $1 million escalator clause. The paper reports that clause will be triggered if Henson plays 70 percent of the team's snaps in any of his first three seasons.

There are no conditions that will elevate the draft pick to a higher round based on Henson's performance.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones acknowledged earlier this week that his franchise remained "intrigued" by Henson. Certainly the addition of Henson, which will become official with just a few pen strokes, will dictate plenty of debate about the members of Dallas' current quarterback corps, and about the long-term future of incumbent starter Quincy Carter.

Carter started all 16 games in 2003 and led the Cowboys to a 10-6 mark and a wild-card playoff berth. But as has been the case throughout his career, Carter suffered stretches of inconsistency. Bringing in Henson could also eventually mean the end in Dallas for Chad Hutchinson, who is slated to play in NFL Europe this spring.

Ironically, two-year veteran Hutchinson, like Henson, left college early to pursue a career in baseball. He abandoned his baseball dream after four seasons in the St. Louis Cardinals organization and the former pitcher signed with the Cowboys in 2002.

Henson, 24, has not played a competitive snap of football since starting eight games for the Wolverines in 2000. He completed 61.6 percent of his attempts for 2,146 yards that season, with 18 touchdown passes and just four interceptions. For his career in Ann Arbor, he completed 214 of 374 passes for 2,946 yards, with 24 touchdown passes and seven interceptions.

But the strong-armed Henson, who in 2001 signed a six-year, $17 million baseball deal with the New York Yankees, started just eight times in his 27 appearances. He took 441 snaps, roughly 270 of them in junior season in 2000, so there is not a large body of work with which to evaluate him.

At various times in the process, there were as many as five or six teams viably interested in acquiring Henson via trade but, in recent days, the number of serious suitors settled in at about three.

There was little doubt, given that he walked away from a guaranteed $12 million remaining on the final three years of his baseball contract, that Henson became serious about his future in football in recent months. He had been working out in Bradenton, Fla., where IMG operates its own complex, with longtime NFL quarterbacks coach Larry Kennan. Last month, he auditioned in front of representatives from 21 teams, throwing about 75 passes at the Texans practice facility.

In a shrewd move, the Texans secured Henson's rights by investing a sixth-round pick on him in the 2003 draft. The move paid off for general manager Charley Casserly, since he was able to turn that sixth-round pick into a third-rounder, albeit two years later.

Casserly had maintained throughout that Henson was at least the equal of the quarterback prospects in this year's draft and was confident he would find a trade partner. From the day the Texans chose Henson, they publicly stated they intended to trade him.

If the Texans hadn't signed Henson by noon April 23, the day before the '04 draft, he would have gone back into the player pool, and could have been chosen by another team. But the upside to reaching a deal before the 2004 draft was that Henson could essentially sign with the franchise of his choice.

I'll try to comment later, if I can think straight!!!!11
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2004, 10:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

That's insane... this guy is gonna get so much fucking attention in 2004, it's not even funny...

So, are you guys all happy you no longer have to bitch about Quincy Carter?
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2004, 10:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I think Henson was made such a Big Deal of,because it's the off-season...people want to talk Football..and This was a Reason Too... I don't think Carter should be too worried about his Job..as long as he dosen't turn the ball over..and makes enough plays to help his D..he should be fine..
Old 12 Mar 2004, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

well this is a bit of a risk. He may have some impressive stats, but only 8 starts? he is questionable. While I don't think the 'Boys overpaied for him, he will get a lot of atention and might get a shot at the starting spot. I am not a Cowboy fan (Unfortunantly i am a Saints fan ), but i hate philly, washington and NY so i hope is not a bust.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2004, 05:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil Himself
(Unfortunantly i am a Saints fan ), but i hate philly,
Yea doesn't it suck when you miss an extra point to send your team to the playoffs?
Old 13 Mar 2004, 03:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I don't know about this. I wasn't to excited when I first seen this on t.v. This gives the Cowboys 3 QBs who eached played pro ball. I don't like that. I need a NFL qb. Not a MLB pitcher who couldn't make up his fuckin mind. I don't know to much about college players, so I don't know how good this guy is suppose to be. But I do really hope he can come out and play good. Hopefully Parcells can turn him into a great QB.
Old 13 Mar 2004, 08:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNabb
Yea doesn't it suck when you miss an extra point to send your team to the playoffs?
yes, but we would not have made the playoffs anyway. I know your team is better than mine and i give them props for 3 straight NFC championship game appearances. They just are not my type of team. I guess hate was a bit strong. What i ment was that that i could care less about the NFC east and if i had to pick one team from there that i can stand to watch it would be Dallas.

The NFC south had a down year. The Saints were worse than they usually are (They are usually in the hunt for a playoff spot ujntill the last week), The bucs self-destructed, and the Falcons showed how useless they are w/out Vick. The one high point was Carolina. I look for the Panthers to be good and the Falcons to return to the waythey were in 02. Don't know about the bucs, anything can happen w/ them. Hopefully the Saints accually do something in 04.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2004, 12:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Doctor of Womenomics

RJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of light

I was totally shocked by this. I thought Parcells would have went for a QB to help him win now not one for the future. Not taking anything away from Henson but like mentioned earlier he only played 8 eight games and that was like four years ago. I don't think he is even gonna be considered for the starting spot this year cause he is gonna be rusty. Four years away is a long time. If Henson went to say a Green Bay or Kansas City or Buffalo at least he would have Favre, Green, or Bledsoe to mentor him. What's he gonna learn from Carter? Only hope is Parcells stays longer than the 3 years his contract is and he molds him into a QB cause if he doesn't Henson will fall into the category of QB's with hype who never panned out.
RJ Suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2004, 03:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I think, with Dallas's position problems, that this was kinda a waste of time. I just don't see how this is going to help them out and what it's going to do for Carter, who isn't really that bad and came on last year. All he needs to do is not lose games, but whatever. Dallas seems to like making waves for no apperant reason

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote