ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

How does is your MLB team shaping up to be this year?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Mar 2004, 07:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby
Default How does is your MLB team shaping up to be this year?

What are your predictions for this year for your respective team?

For my Yankees, I think we'll at least get to the ALCS Championship...if not go all the way, that is....we have the most stocked lineup in a long time in baseball....
1B- JasonGiambi
2B- Miguel Cairo (not sure)
3B- Alex Rodriguez
SS- Derek Jeter
C- Jorge Posada
RF- Sheffielf
CF- Kenny Lofton/ Bernie Williams
LF- Hideki Matsui

and our pitching isn't half bad, actually, of course not as good as last year's, but how can you compare any pitching staff to that one recently? But I'm still worried about our bullpen, that's what killed us last year in the Series....

so your thoughts on your team?
Old 11 Mar 2004, 07:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well, for the first time since 1994 I am hugely optimistic about my team's chances.....that's right, the Kansas City Royals.....

1B: a healthy Mike Sweeney, potential MVP candidate
2B: Desi Relaford, defensively competent and a solid hitter
SS: Angel Berroa, reigning AL rookie of the year
3B: Joe Randa, the most underrated 3B in the bigs
C: 'roid freak Benito Santiago
LF: Juan Gonzalez, 2 time MVP, potential MVP candidate
CF: Carlos Beltran, potential MVP candidate, next year's hottest free agent
RF: Aaron Guiel, Matt Stairs, Dee Brown.....solid

potentially five lefthanded starting pitchers, three high quality guys in the bullpen, Mike McDougal as the closer......

can you smell it?.....it's called fear in the nostrils of the rest of the AL Central.....be afraid, Minnesota.....be afraid, White Sox.....be afraid, Cleveland.....contract, Detroit (the best AAA team in the majors )

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2004, 07:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo
contract, Detroit (the best AAA team in the majors )
lmao, that was funny oeo....
Old 11 Mar 2004, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I'm hoping the Jays can pull off 90 wins this season. Man, if they had a good pitching staff they would be right up there with the Yanks, and Sox.

They just have to rely on Delgado, and Wells. I'm kinda optimistic about Wells though. Comming off a big rookie season. Then always, they have their second year slump. But hopefully Hinske will come back to what he was playing like during his rookie season.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 12:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Hmmm... Minnesota, like always, doesn't do shit in free-agency, and depends on their farm system to win them the World Series... so, I don't expect much... possibly playoffs if at all, we have our regular solid role player lineup, but our pitching staff took a huge hit last off-season, losing Hawkins and Guardado... our best reliever, and closer. And Pierzynski, who was a good hitter, just didn't put up the numbers the Twins wanted I guess, so they traded him off, to basically give Joe Mauer a chance to step up, I'm expecting a good amount from this kid, being the home town hero and all.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2004, 01:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

Well, as a cubs fan i am optimistic about this season. My only concerns are the Prior injury and the fact that i am not sure we did enough to improve our middle relivers (although Hawkins was a great grab). Our starters and closers are among the best, but we would have gone to the WS if we had some decent Mid releivers.

I think that the Cubs have the ability to win 100 games this season and go the the World Series and possibly win it.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2004, 01:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Indians are in a horrible division, but they have a good stable of young pitchers and is a good defensive team. If hitting is found........we could be the 2002 Anahiem Angels.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 02:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

well now that they got that 200+million zit off their back I am hoping the rangers will improve but I doubt it
Old 12 Mar 2004, 03:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ør!g!n@£ §yN
well now that they got that 200+million zit off their back I am hoping the rangers will improve but I doubt it
How can the Rangers improve this season without A-rod- the best player in baseball. It will help them in the long run, but not this season. They have added no one to improve their pitching. They will still be in the basement in their divison.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 03:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
How can the Rangers improve this season without A-rod- the best player in baseball. It will help them in the long run, but not this season. They have added no one to improve their pitching. They will still be in the basement in their divison.

oh thats not true just look at the mariners they get rid of griffey and arod then go straight to the playoffs
Old 12 Mar 2004, 08:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

^^
well, that's because they had other good backups and other star players (e.g.- Edgar Martinez, Ichiro, and others....)
Old 12 Mar 2004, 10:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

well rangers do have some good players all they have ever needed for the past couple years is pitching
Old 14 Mar 2004, 01:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Doctor of Womenomics

RJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
I'm hoping the Jays can pull off 90 wins this season. Man, if they had a good pitching staff they would be right up there with the Yanks, and Sox.

They just have to rely on Delgado, and Wells. I'm kinda optimistic about Wells though. Comming off a big rookie season. Then always, they have their second year slump. But hopefully Hinske will come back to what he was playing like during his rookie season.

I easily see 90 wins for the Jays. The offense is set and the pitching isn't bad with Halladay, Batista, Hentgen, and Lilly. As for my Mariners I think we should have our customary 90-95 win season but fall short of a playoff berth cause management will be too cheap to go out and get a hitter like a Griffey, Ordonez, Hidalgo, or a Beltran if any become available. I am interested to see if Pinero and Meche can continue to mature and become solid number 2 and 3 starters. I think Rafael Soriano sooner or later with be in the starting roation. The kid's got a power arm we haven't has since we traded the Big Unit. Wanna see if Ibanez, Spiezio, and Aurillo can provide some punch in the lineup. I think Winn will be an okay CF but he won't be nowhere near what Cameron was defensively. Ichiro, Boone, Moyer, Olerud, and Martinez you know what to expect from them. Guardado should step right in and replace Sasaki and get 45 saves. Maybe this is the year Ben Davis has his breakout year everyone is expecting from him. There are two pitchers in Double A Travis Blakely and Clint Noglette who should get a call up in September. Both have outstanding stuff. They get strikeouts, don't give many walks, and have a low 3 ERA.
RJ Suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2004, 01:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Doctor of Womenomics

RJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ør!g!n@£ §yN
well rangers do have some good players all they have ever needed for the past couple years is pitching

The Rangers are good at producing hitters through their minor league systems but can't develop good home grown pitching which kills them. When they do try and sign a free agent pitcher they always pick out the shitty ones and give them outrageous contracts(see Chan Ho Park).
RJ Suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2004, 03:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

they started failing when they got rid of Sele and Helling they were a couple of the best pitchers rangers had