ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Corey Dillion to Oakland?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Mar 2004, 12:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default Corey Dillion to Oakland?

Raiders appear to be team most interested in running back

By Mark Curnutte
The Cincinnati Enquirer

Corey Dillon, whose personality and take-no-prisoners style fit the Raider mystique, might be headed to Oakland after all.

The Raiders have emerged as the team most interested in trading for Dillon, and a source close to the situation said the teams have had conversations about the seven-year veteran tailback.

Oakland lost its top running back Tuesday, when free agent Charlie Garner signed a multi-year contract with Tampa Bay, where he will be reunited with his former Raiders coach, Jon Gruden.

Tampa Bay had been a possible Dillon destination until Garner signed. Garner bought out the last year of his Oakland contract for $400,000, leaving the Raiders with Tyrone Wheatley and Ronney Jenkins as their top backs.

Steven Feldman, Dillon's agent, did not return a phone message Tuesday.

Dillon cleaned out his Paul Brown Stadium locker the day after the last game and has said he expects to be playing for a different team this coming season. He has two seasons remaining on his five-year contract with the Bengals.

"I'm looking for a new home," Dillon said Dec. 28, while throwing his equipment in the stands after the season's last game.

Dillon had a career-low 541 rushing yards in 2003, bringing his seven-year total to 8,061 - 28th on the all-time NFL rushing list. He will be 30 on Oct. 24.

The Bengals apparently are ready to make fourth-year pro Rudi Johnson their featured back. A restricted free agent, Johnson received the highest tender offer from the Bengals last week, $1.824 million. If another team signed Johnson to an offer sheet and the Bengals declined to match it, the Bengals would receive first- and third-round draft picks as compensation.

Reached Tuesday, Johnson's agent, Peter Schaffer, said the situation was "status quo."

Johnson is believed to be ready to sign the one-year tender if another offer doesn't come his way. April 16 is the deadline for restricted free agents to sign an offer sheet.

On the unrestricted free agent front, the Bengals continue to discuss a possible contract with Eagles cornerback Troy Vincent. He arrived in Kansas City on Tuesday and will stay through today to meet with the Chiefs. Vincent, a former teammate of Chiefs linebacker Shawn Barber, is making the visit on Barber's behest.

The Bengals appear to be trying to put together a pair of starting safeties in Kim Herring and Rogers Beckett. The Bengals reportedly have made an offer to Beckett, who would play strong safety and leave the versatile Herring to roam as the free safety. Beckett visited the Jets, and Tampa Bay is interested, though no visit has been set up.

Herring received starter's money when he signed with the Bengals on Thursday. He received $1.5 million to sign a five-year contract worth $8.2 million. Base salaries are $1 million, $1.1 million, $1.2 million, $1.4 million and $1.5 million. He has a $100,000 annual workout bonus.

The Bengals appear ready to say farewell to Mark Roman, the starting free safety in 2003, who is talking contract with Green Bay.

The Bengals lost a second member of their offensive line Tuesday when former starting guard Matt O'Dwyer signed a one-year contract with Tampa Bay. He got $25,000 to sign the $660,000 deal, the league minimum.

O'Dwyer, 31, started at right guard in the 2003 opener but lost his job when Mike Goff was moved back to guard and Rich Braham placed into the lineup at center.

O'Dwyer finished the season on the Injured Reserve List because of recurring foot ailments. He played in only four games, a career low
Old 10 Mar 2004, 01:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Dillion might be good in Oakland. I'm just not sure he's old enough to be signed. He might need to wait another 7 or 8 years before going to oakland.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2004, 02:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

The cowboys are stupid if they dont try to pick this guy up
Old 10 Mar 2004, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Completely right Exo. The first requirement to join the Raiders is that you have to be collecting Social Security.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2004, 05:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

LOL@Exo.

Well, two parter post for me.

It made mention of Garner going to the Bucs. That's a great move by him as well as the Bucs. The Bucs have never had a great running game, and Garner always seems to get snubbed by someone. Maybe next year in Tampa, they'll give him the ball and let him run with it. Gruden is familiar with him, as well as he is familiar with Gruden. He's kind of like Dunn in a way, in that he never gets respect, and thus doesn't get the touches that he deserves. Maybe Garner will finally get the full time load like I think he's capable of.

Now, I think other than being young, Dillon and the Raiders is a great match. He's still pretty young, he's put up pretty good numbers for a crap team, and maybe next year the Raiders will find some new players that are young that could keep up with Dillon lol.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2004, 10:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Im still kind of skeptical about losing Corey. Yea, he was an asshole but he did a good job of running on very bad teams and our only hope of winning most of the times.

Rudi Johnson did a very good job filling in for Corey, but he could be a 1 hit wonder
Old 11 Mar 2004, 05:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNabb
The cowboys are stupid if they dont try to pick this guy up
Yep................My thoughts exactly.
Old 11 Mar 2004, 05:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
Dillion might be good in Oakland. I'm just not sure he's old enough to be signed. He might need to wait another 7 or 8 years before going to oakland.
you have to qualify for Medicare before Al Davis will sign you.....

sadly, he'd be a good fit for them.....dang Raiders....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote