ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Owens thought he was an Eagle.....LSHIFOMC!.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Mar 2004, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Owens thought he was an Eagle.....LSHIFOMC!.....

ESPN.com news services
PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia Eagles thought they had Terrell Owens for themselves. According to phillyBurbs.com, the Web site for a chain of three suburban Philadelphia newspapers, the Eagles agreed to a deal in principle to acquire the superstar receiver Thursday, only to have the 49ers turn the tables by sealing a deal with the Ravens instead.

Owens and agent David Joseph were furious.

"Terrell was ecstatic," an NFL agent familiar with the details of the negotiations, told the Web site. "Philly is where he wanted to go all along. He was under the impression he was an Eagle. It was a done deal."

But before the paperwork was signed, according to the Web site, 49ers general manager Terry Donahue quietly accepted the Ravens' offer of a second-round pick in this year's draft and filed trade papers without informing Joseph or Eagles negotiator Joe Banner, or giving them a chance to match the offer.

Owens does not have a contract negotiated with the Ravens, who are simply paying him according to the final three years of his original deal with the 49ers that Joseph was unable to void. Joseph missed the deadline that would have made Owens a free agent.

One of the sources told the Web site the Eagles' offer included a signing bonus over $10 million and an average salary of over $6 million per year.

All along, the 49ers believed Owens would end up in Baltimore. During the Ravens playoff drive, several 49ers front office people kept calling the Ravens, telling them that they thought Baltimore would be the logical choice. Ravens middle linebacker Ray Lewis also played a role in urging Owens to come to Baltimore, trying to recruit him at this year's Pro Bowl.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
---------------------------------------------------------

I know that there is already an Owens thread, but I thought this was priceless!.....talk about the Niners pulling a fast one on Owens.....that's hilarious......(Sorry, McNabb....I know you wanted him).....it's like the Niners said, "Oh Terrell, you know all the crap you've pulled over the last few years?.....basically making us fire our coach, making us the laughingstock of the league.....well SCREW YOU, Buddy....."......

man, that's funny.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I now heard a rumor that Eagles send their 1st rounder to Ravens for TO
Old 05 Mar 2004, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I love how he's being treated by niners manengment. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. He's losing money every day, and the niners don't even give a fuck about him or his situation. Ravens wanted him, he was still a niner, so they dumped his punk ass. Now, I happen to be a pretty big niners fan, and what he did in Dallas was classic, but this trash talking, unable to back it up peice of shit deserves to get the shaft for all his trouble. And nobody feels sorry for him.

So basically, Owens isn't a free agent, doesn't have a happy new contract with a team he wanted to go to, and can't do anything about it except pout. I hope he goes into Bal. and fucks up just enough for lewis to bludgeon him within an inch of his life.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2004, 01:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Athos is on a distinguished road

I am surprise TO is complaining about being on a superbowl team. If TO plays every game, they will be the favorite to go to the superbowl. Ravens now have a good offense if their RB can play this season. They have a good defense. If TO goes to Phili, he won't go to the superbowl.
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2004, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

anybody else catch the interview on Sportscenter last night?.....

if not, here's a recap.....

Owens: "WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!......I want my mommy!"

Sportscenter: "so, what you're saying is that you don't want to play for Baltimore"

Owens: "WAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!....I need a tissue!"

Sportscenter: "so, you will play for the Ravens"

Owens: "I'm not an idiot.....I, I,.....you guys suck!.....WAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!"

hilarious, I'm telling you.....

Old 06 Mar 2004, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

They recapped it this morning. Can Baltimore sue if he doesn't play?
Old 06 Mar 2004, 12:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade Draven
They recapped it this morning. Can Baltimore sue if he doesn't play?
no, they can't sue.....he is under contract, and they traded for the rights to him and his contract......so, the Niners have no responsibility in this anymore.....it is solely between Owens and the Raves.....he can hold out for renegotiation of his contract, or he could demand a trade......Baltimore said they would be willing to renegotiate his contract, but I don't see them trading him......

He would have to force them to cut him, basically, before he could become a free agent.....that could become a long explanation, but I will attempt it if you wish.....

Oh.....also, he has filed a grievance with the NFL and the Players Association in an effort to gain free agency status, but after his agent screwed up and didn't get the proper paperwork in, that is going to fall by the wayside.....

He also filed a grievance over the trade, saying that he had negotiated a contract with the Eagles....but the trade was never with the Eagles, so he basically just did some negotiating for the fun of it.....

Old 06 Mar 2004, 12:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

So TO's case doesn't hold water right now?
Old 06 Mar 2004, 12:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade Draven
So TO's case doesn't hold water right now?
that is correct.....

his agent messed up the first time by not notifying the NFL and the 49ers that he wanted to void his contract and become a free agent.....

then, he and his agent negotiated a contract with the Eagles, but they did not have the rights to, as he was not a free agent, nor did the 49ers ever accept the trade to the Eagles.....

he has no grounds to stand on, and the grievances will be tossed by the union.....he's a Raven, and there's two things he can do about it.....

NOTHING, and LIKE IT......(had to borrow an old Rock saying.....).....

Old 06 Mar 2004, 01:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I am personally happy about this. I do NOT want to see T.O. in an Eagles uni. It has nothing to do with his celebration in Dallas at midfield, because I thought that was pretty funny. It has everything to do with Eagles are a rival, they just signed Kearse, and I don't know what the hell would happen if McNabb were to have an upper echelon receiver like Owens. I really don't wanna find out either. I hope that Balty keeps his ass there
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2004, 12:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Doctor of Womenomics

RJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of light

I think TO needs to have alittle talk with Ray Lewis and I think Ray will straighten him out.
RJ Suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2004, 12:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I am torn on this. I want to see TO stop whining in the media yet i want to see him make the Ravens the Trailblazers of the NFL.