ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Teams that can'r (or won't) play D in the NBA....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Mar 2004, 12:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Teams that can'r (or won't) play D in the NBA....

Aight, so Coder and I are havin a huge discussion on the NBA and how teams can't or won't play defense. I say that there are some teams that are incapable of playing defense, while he says that because it is the NBA all teams can play D, some just choose not to.

So do you think every team in the league can play D, or do you think some are just incapable of it completely?
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 12:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Stick, I was specifically talking about the Mavericks... and the fact they choose not to play defense, that they think they can shoot the lights out so bad, that they don't have to play on the other end of the court...

There is no team that is incapable of playing defense, everyone knows how to, you either try or you don't. End of story.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Cavs, they try to win in shootouts
Old 05 Mar 2004, 10:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well, I halfway agree with Stick on this one.....the Mavs have a group of guys that are horrible man to man defenders, and as a zone defense they are too lazy to put the clamps on the other team.....Nash is a decent defender, and Nowitzki works hard.....Finley plays off the ball well.....

but Walker, Jamison and the rest pretty much care about shooting the ball only.....so they can't play team defense.....if they had to keep the other team from scoring 80 points.....they couldn't do it.....

the Magic are another terrible defensive team.....all five guys simultaneously holler "help" when the other team has the ball, and it results in some very easy shots.....

It's my opinion that other than the Spurs, Pacers, Pistons and on occasion the Nets, all it takes is three passes and you've got a layup against every other team in the league.....some of them have a dominant shot blocker so they get away with it, and most teams don't pass the ball more than three times very often.....

but, face it.....as a whole, the D in the L is a shoddy example of times past.....everyone who is quick and athletic are erratic on defense because they are going for the flashy play and can be broken down in one on one coverage....the lack of fundamentals is disgusting.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 12:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo
well, I halfway agree with Stick on this one.....the Mavs have a group of guys that are horrible man to man defenders, and as a zone defense they are too lazy to put the clamps on the other team.....Nash is a decent defender, and Nowitzki works hard.....Finley plays off the ball well.....

but Walker, Jamison and the rest pretty much care about shooting the ball only.....so they can't play team defense.....if they had to keep the other team from scoring 80 points.....they couldn't do it.....

the Magic are another terrible defensive team.....all five guys simultaneously holler "help" when the other team has the ball, and it results in some very easy shots.....

It's my opinion that other than the Spurs, Pacers, Pistons and on occasion the Nets, all it takes is three passes and you've got a layup against every other team in the league.....some of them have a dominant shot blocker so they get away with it, and most teams don't pass the ball more than three times very often.....

but, face it.....as a whole, the D in the L is a shoddy example of times past.....everyone who is quick and athletic are erratic on defense because they are going for the flashy play and can be broken down in one on one coverage....the lack of fundamentals is disgusting.....
Great post oeo I'm glad that someone as respected as you could see the point I was trying to make. Even though my post was a condensed version of the argument (discussion) we had on IM, you could still get what I was saying. I appreciate it man
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 03:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Minnesota Wrecking Crew

Jaden is on a distinguished road

Without a doubt.....the Mavs. I don't think they can defend a high school girls team.

Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote