ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Portis - Bailey Swap Done

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Mar 2004, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-
Default Portis - Bailey Swap Done

By Andrew Mason
DenverBroncos.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The final steps to bring Champ Bailey to Denver in exchange for Clinton Portis and a second-round pick are in place.

Bailey addressed the media at Dove Valley this afternoon, hoping he could be "the addition that pushes us over the top."

"I can't tell you how pleased I am personally to have Champ here as a player," President/CEO Pat Bowlen said, comparing the five-year veteran to Ring of Famer Louis Wright. "I think he brings a lot to this football team especially on defense. We haven't had a corner come close to him in a long time."

"We made what I think is a sound decision by getting one of -- if not the -- top cover corner in the league," General Manager Ted Sundquist said. "But we've structured it such to where it's not going to tear us up in the next two, three, four years. Down the road, we'll feel like we've got a Pro Bowl player at what we consider a very good cap number."

Bailey expressed hope that he could help the defense avoid the kind of result that ended the Broncos' season, when it surrendered five touchdowns in a 41-10 loss.

"It was a rough game to watch," Bailey said. "I don't see that happening much more."

Bailey was unsure whether he would reprise the two-platoon duty he handled at the University of Georgia.

"It's up to (Shanahan) to give me that opportunity," Bailey said. "If he presents me with that, then I'll take advantage of it."

-----------------------

Oh wow, looks like the NFC East is shaping up to an amazing conference, with the coaches, and now the big named players going to the NFC East. Thoughts?
Old 04 Mar 2004, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Man... last place I saw Bailey going was Denver... and not to mention Portis... I think he wanted out anyways, because he wasn't getting the money he is worth... and going to Washington gave him the chance to get more money out of his contract... I can't argue with him being worth it or not, because he is a great back... I just can't stand how players can be so greedy... like he doesn't get anything in endorsements or something... bullshit. Washington, if they stay healthy, is gonna be a force to be reckoned with in 2004-2005... they are already tearing up free-agency.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2004, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminem
they are already tearing up free-agency.
Man didn't the skins swipe people from the Jets or something last year as well?
Old 04 Mar 2004, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNabb
Man didn't the skins swipe people from the Jets or something last year as well?
Laveranues Coles was the big one... I know they got 1 good defensive player... just can't think of the name... but yeah, the Redskins will snatch up players real quick. And they got Laveranues in a trade actually, and Coles really didn't want to leave New York... but, nothing he could do.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote