ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Owens is now a bird

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Mar 2004, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-
Default Owens is now a bird

Ravens that is.....

49ers Trade Terrell Owens Back to Homepage
Thursday, March 04, 2004

The 49ers have just completed a trade with the Baltimore Ravens that will send wide receiver Terrell Owens to the Ravens in exchange for their second round (51st overall) selection in the upcoming draft.

The addition of the second round pick gives San Francisco three selections in the first 51 picks of the draft -- the highest count in the NFL at this time.

The 49ers have also agreed to terms with defensive end John Engelberger on a three-year contract and with long snapper Brian Jennings on a six-year deal.

49ers.Com will bring you more info soon, including comments from general manager Terry Donahue.
Old 04 Mar 2004, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Wow, I heard this was one of the teams... but, surprising to see him go to Baltimore... and for only a 2nd round draft pick, what the hell is up with that? Anyways, I defenitly know he will be on my fantasy team next year, with Jamal Lewis and his power running game, would really be able to setup the deep ball... and Owens should have a real good year next year.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2004, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

Well we dont really know if Owens will be happy with a team that is run 1st on offense, and they dont really have a good QB, he'll do good, but not like he has in the past years
Old 04 Mar 2004, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

How do you know? He might like the fact they have Jamal Lewis, and are a run first offense, you can use the run to setup the pass... that was something they didn't really have in San Francisco, with Garrison Heart being so off and on, and Kevin Barlow not really being that great of a back... I thought Anthony Wright played ok last year in the time he got, and sure, Baltimore's quarterback situation is up and down... but now they have a star reciever to finally do something with... so I think Owens will have a damn good year.
Old 04 Mar 2004, 03:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah well this is great, why the hell did he go to the Ratbirds?

At least they still don't have a good QB so that's alright.

Lewis may still get screwed because of this whole drug thing he is involved in. And to be honest could care less because I hate the whole team.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2004, 03:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I could see this comming. There were rumors about this long time ago.

But Baltimore gave up way to much for him. This was a guy who was suppose to be a free agent.
Old 04 Mar 2004, 03:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

a 2nd round pick for T.O thats too much......?
Old 04 Mar 2004, 03:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Yes. It would be different if this trade just happend out of nowhere. But T.O wasn't going to stay in San Fran no matter what. He should of been a free agent in the first place. That would of allowed Baltimore to just sign him.
Old 04 Mar 2004, 03:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNabb
a 2nd round pick for T.O thats too much......?
Yeah, that's my question... John Clayton was saying 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, I was like... what the fuck... they can get him that cheap? I'm surprised more teams didn't try and get him... is it T.O.'s attitude that brought his value down that much? Even with the attitude, he's a great player...
Old 04 Mar 2004, 03:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Minnesota Wrecking Crew

Jaden is on a distinguished road

He's definately a great player......but he comes with two extremely large pieces of baggage......a GIANT EGO....and a "Me-first" attitude.

I actually think the Ratbirds are a good fit for him, because say what you will about Ray Lewis.....he will knock Owens the fuck out if he gets out of line.

This is RAY'S team.....

Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2004, 03:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I think Owens will have some adjusting to do. He played with Garcia, who has put up great numbers in sf, and owens wasn't happy about it. He's going to have to redefine himself and his role if he's going to keep up his success, and I think he needs to grow up a bit.

Also, the niners saved like 15 million on him just because he fucked up his papers, so I don't think they care much about what they get for him, or if they care if he's happy wherre he ends up. The owners of the niners are mafia. I think they could have got a lot more for him though, at least a first round pick. Didn't know he was going for so cheap.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2004, 03:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden
I actually think the Ratbirds are a good fit for him, because say what you will about Ray Lewis.....he will knock Owens the fuck out if he gets out of line.

This is RAY'S team.....
Haha... that is great quote... I defenitly agree though, it's Ray Lewis' team, and Owens is gonna have to get use to that if he wants to stick around, and Ray doesn't like it when his teammates run his mouth, so we all know he's gonna have to watch that too.
Old 04 Mar 2004, 03:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

I can only imagine now how much shit the Ravens are going to talk this season, as if they didn't talk enough of it with just Lewis, now they bring T.O into it.

I don't like this though because the Ratbirds are always tough to play and now that they actually have an offensive weapon other than J. Lewis it sucks, especially for me.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2004, 03:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

T.O. will get the treatment Elvis Grbac got. Owens won't be happy in Baltimore. He fits in well with the team however. It is full of balloon heads and wannbe thugz, ie. Ray Lewis. I hate the team, the players on the team, the coach, and Art Modell (even though he supposedly gave up ownership now). Baltimore will crash and burn this year, with the other Lewis's situation, and T.O. and Ray "I didn't see nothin'" Lewis fighting each other.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2004, 04:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

If he hated Pro Bowler Jeff Garcia, he will despise Kyle Boller and Anthony Wright.

If Jamal has to sit out for the rest of the season, they better find a QB and quick.