ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

"Freak"y Philly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Mar 2004, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default "Freak"y Philly

Welp, another blow to the Cowboys

Kearse's record deal includes $16M bonus

The biggest name in unrestricted free agency has flown (to) the coop, with free agent defensive end Jevon Kearse reaching a contract agreement with the Eagles.

In a deal that makes Kearse the highest-paid defensive lineman in NFL history, he will sign an eight-year contract worth $66 million. The pass-rush terror nicknamed "The Freak" will receive a signing bonus of $16 million. There are additional roster bonuses of $2 million each in the first two seasons, essentially guaranteeing $20 million of the deal.

Kearse, 27, will earn $24 million in the first three years of the contract.

Flush with more than $25 million in available cap room, Philadelphia nonetheless flew below the radar in its pursuit of Kearse, who the team clearly feels has recovered from a series of injuries that limited him to 18 games over the past two seasons. Despite their need for an outside rusher of Kearse's ilk, the Eagles were never prominently mentioned as a viable suitor for the services of the standout defensive end.

But the Eagles, and in particular team president Joe Banner, arguably the premier salary cap manager in the NFL, quickly made contact with agent Drew Rosenhaus shortly after the midnight start to the signing period. It is believed the two sides negotiated through much of the night and well into Wednesday before striking a deal. The deal is a bit uncharacteristic for the Eagles, who normally don't come out of the blocks so quickly in free agency, and who are not prone to adding such high-profile players to the mix.

Other teams believed to have been involved in the Kearse Sweepstakes were Chicago and Seattle. The Washington Redskins were mentioned around the league as the team that was most likely to land Kearse but, for one of the few times in his stewardship of that franchise, it appears owner Dan Snyder finally met a price tag on which he gagged.

Several league sources told ESPN.com a few hours before Kearse's agreement with the Eagles that the Redskins had ceased their pursuit.

The agreement marks the second blockbuster negotiated by Rosenhaus and brother Jason Rosenhaus this week. On Monday, tailback Clinton Portis, who is being traded from the Broncos to the Redskins, agreed to an eight-year, $50.5 million contract that made him the richest running back in league history.

There is also some irony involved here since Rosenhaus represents Hugh Douglas, the veteran defensive end who exited the Eagles last spring in free agency, signing instead with the Jaguars. While Douglas struggled for the first half of last season, most observers still believe his departure had a negative effect, both on the field and in the locker room, on the Eagles.

Having appeared in three straight NFC title games, and lost all of them, the Eagles seem more intent than ever in capturing a Super Bowl berth in 2004. The addition of Kearse will immediately upgrade the front four, provide a big-time pass-rush threat to a unit that collected 38 sacks in 2003 but didn't have an individual player with more than 7 sacks, and give innovative coordinator Jim Johnson another weapon for his arsenal.

League sources contended Wednesday afternoon that the Eagles might also explore the possibility of trading for San Francisco wide receiver Terrell Owens.

In five seasons with the Titans, Kearse had 192 tackles and 47 sacks, with 19 forced fumbles and 19 pass deflections. The former University of Florida star, a first-round pick in 1999, averaged a dozen sacks in his first three seasons, including a league rookie record 14. But foot injuries in 2002 sidelined him for all but four regular-season games. He missed four games in 2003 with a variety of leg injuries.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

This sucks. Redskins and Eagles both ar emaking huge offseason moves, while the 'Boys haven't done shit yet. The Cowboys better make some moves, otherwise they're gonna be at the bottom of the division come season's end.

Oh yeah, this makes the Philly D a bigger force than it already was. They finally have used all that cap room to bring in a huge name. I can't say I'm happy about it, but it's about time they put that money to good use.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 11:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

oh yeah OH YEAH well we got um uh damn were screwed :'( *goes back to my cowboys closet*
Old 03 Mar 2004, 11:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Crazy... didn't expect to see Kearse in Philadelphia... doubt that will change his playing style much though, like you said, Stick, just another piece of that defensive puzzle...

Meanwhile Warren Sapp is still roaming free-agency... should be interesting to see where he lands. And, Minnesota, damn them, with the most space under the cap ($30,000,000 area) better do something with it.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 11:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Doctor of Womenomics

RJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of light

I am shocked Philly signed him. I didn't think they would spend this kind of money on one player but if healthy Kearse is worth it or close to be worthing it.
RJ Suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2004, 05:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

Cant wait to see the freak in action, glad to see that we got a big named player, now lets see who or what we're going to have to give up for Terrel Owens......
Old 04 Mar 2004, 05:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminem
Crazy... didn't expect to see Kearse in Philadelphia... doubt that will change his playing style much though, like you said, Stick, just another piece of that defensive puzzle...

Meanwhile Warren Sapp is still roaming free-agency... should be interesting to see where he lands. And, Minnesota, damn them, with the most space under the cap ($30,000,000 area) better do something with it.
At least we resigned Kleinsasser
Old 04 Mar 2004, 05:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Coleman
At least we resigned Kleinsasser

Lmao, Kearse is the.........sorry WAS the top rated free agent this year, and the Eagles bagged him. Here comes our sack master
Old 04 Mar 2004, 05:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

He'll do well with the Eagles as long as he stays healthy.

As for the draft, I suggest Rashaun Woods or Mike Jenkins. I have watched Jenkins at Ohio State and he is a freak. He's 6'5", runs a sub 4.4 40 and has bad ass leaping ability.
Old 04 Mar 2004, 02:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

The eagles are also looking at Reggie Williams.........at least i think thats his name...
Old 04 Mar 2004, 03:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

With Philly's luch The Freak will be injured often or suck. It was a good move by them though. Philly still needs to develope their own linebackers. Instead of picking up free agent rejects.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2004, 06:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_Tombstone_3
With Philly's luch The Freak will be injured often or suck. It was a good move by them though. Philly still needs to develope their own linebackers. Instead of picking up free agent rejects.

Well when he isn't injuried he puts up 13+ sacks a season, and im pretty sure half the player on your favourite team came outta Free Agency.

By the way, Mark Simeneou (SP) and Nate Wayne are not free agent rejects, but i feel for you, cause your team hasn't been in the playoffs for three straight years, and have had the best record since 2000
Old 04 Mar 2004, 06:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNabb
By the way, Mark Simeneou (SP) and Nate Wayne are not free agent rejects, but i feel for you, cause your team hasn't been in the playoffs for three straight years, and have had the best record since 2000
I believe UT likes the Steelers...so I don't know what your talking about.
Old 04 Mar 2004, 06:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNabb
The eagles are also looking at Reggie Williams.........at least i think thats his name...
Reggie will be gone by the top 15, I'd trade up if I were the Eagles.
Old 04 Mar 2004, 09:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

I'm a Steelers fan McNabb. So I do wish to see Philly do good, I am originally from Pennsylvania. The Steelers have a history of making their own great linebackers, something us Steelers fans are very, very proud of. And something I wish Philadelphia would do.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote