ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Debate - Steroids In Sports?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Mar 2004, 02:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default Debate - Steroids In Sports?

I want a reason why you support it/could care less, a reason why you are against it, and a conclusion.

Support - This is not really support... but this is why I would not care less if people were using steroids... because, when you put something into your body, you know what the outcome will be, you know if it's healthy or not, and you can think for yourself whether or not you want to take it. So, if you're gonna choose to take steroids, you gotta think about the longterm things... like your life.

Against - I don't support steroids whatsoever, because of the numerous negative effects on your body, I will never agree when someone puts that into their body just to enhance performance in a sport. It puts your life in danger, and your reputation, I think that all sports should have some sort of drug testing program... to keep these things out of professional sports.

Conclusion - Why they don't have steroid testing in the MLB just boggles me... people are ruining their bodies to just to hit home runs... if something isn't done about it soon, and suspensions don't start to get handed out for violating the rules... the MLB is gonna turn into a league where a home run record is broken every year.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Alright, well first off I donít support the use of steroids so Iím not going to come up with some bullshit reason as to why I do like you want us to. If the athletes wants to use them then fine, itís their body not mine. My problem isnít with that, itís more about what it does the game rather than the athlete. I think Iit takes away from the purity of the game more than anything. With that said, I have no problems what so ever with steroid testing and I agree with it 100%. Itís just too bad that it will have to come down to that in order to clean up the game of baseball or any other game for that matter.

Iím not going to judge any of these players that deny the use of steroids because to be honest no one really knows but them. I just think itís ridiculous that this has even become an issue in the last few years. Itís taking away from the game by bring peopleís attention to other issues other than the game itself.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 03:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well, I can't support steroid use at all, so that's out the window.....

I had a good friend in high school that was a pretty big dude.....6'5" and about 225.....when we went away to college, him to play football and myself to play basketball, he began using steroids as a way to beef up.....came back home the following summer and he was up to about 280.....man became a freak.....then, he stopped using them.....never was the same after that.....

however, Waylon used them as a means to an end.....he was great in high school, but when he went to the NCAA, everyone else was bigger, faster and stronger than him....so he tried to use 'roids to catch up with them.....people make choices in life, and this is one that a lot of athletes have to face, especially as you go up the ranks in the sporting world.....what angers me about it is that the ones who don't use and are the average guy, verses the one that does use them.....the clean guy is the one that loses out ninety percent of the time.....it's not right.....

now.....I am against steroid use in something like MLB because it denegrates the game....part of the beauty of sports is that every person can envision themselves being able to accomplish the same feats.....and the really special athletes do things that dreams are made of.....however, if say, Bonds' homerun record was a result of him using steroids (just using a name, not accusing) then his record should be stricken from the books.....

I pay to watch a game because of the tradition that is involved, because I am a fan of the sport and the teams involved....and if members of that team are using performance enhancing drugs to become better, it destroys the integrity and the tradition of that game.....if it came down to it, I'd rather watch little leaguers play.....at least then I'd know no cheating was involved.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Well i'm going to start off saying that I believe that every single athlete today uses some type of seroid. Its impossible nowadays to make it pro without using some type of enhancement. Even though I don't like Bonds, I do feel sorry for him. The media and everyone is ganging up on him, when he took something that wasn't illigal at the time.

I know its taking away from the game. But I don't even know why people try to get rid of them. Its going to be next to impossible to drain them out of sports. It like a deadly sickness- like aids. It started now they can't control it, and find a solution for it.

Sure some records are going to questioned, but its just something people are going to have to deal with, imo.

I'll even admit it. If I was serious about playing in the NFL, and I needed to balk up to play college football, i'd be poping those pills like crazy.
Old 03 Mar 2004, 04:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

You all have expressed the reasons to why I don't support steroids use at all. It also affects your sex-life among the other reasons you have all stated.

But if the the reasons these records are falling are to do players taking illegal performance enhancing substances, then these players shouldn't be acknowledged fro their accomplishments. If they banned Rose for gambling then anyone guilty of juicing up should be banned from the game as well. That is my problem with this steriod issue, in the MLB. If gambling is not tolerated, then taking performance enhancers should be a sin too.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote