ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Ex-Cincinnati Reds owner dies at 75...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Mar 2004, 12:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default Ex-Cincinnati Reds owner dies at 75...

"Marge Schott, the tough-talking, chain-smoking owner of the Cincinnati Reds who won a World Series and was repeatedly suspended for offensive remarks, died Tuesday. She was 75.

Schott was hospitalized about three weeks ago for breathing difficulties and repeatedly needed treatment for lung problems in recent years. Christ Hospital spokeswoman Dona Buckler did not release a cause of death.

Schott kept a low profile after she sold controlling interest in the club in October 1999. She remained a limited partner in the team's ownership group, but had no say in the team's operations."

Full story here

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny how I've never heard of the woman, yet my stomach tightens when I hear of her death... I never even heard of her "controversial comments", none of them... obviously a sad moment, but, at least she's re-united with her husband in heaven.

Your thoughts?
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 01:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Growing up in Ohio and loving the Reds for as long as I can remember, this was a very sad day for me.

Yea, she came across as a old bigot, but she was more than that.

About her "racist" comments. You have to realize that Cincinnati in those days was a very diffrent place. It was very ethnic (still is today) and everyone called each other nigger, kike, wop, mick and stuff like that. It wasn't as PC as it is today.

She owned Schott buick in Cincy and always had these funny ass commercials, so much that my dad bought his car down there and we are 3 hours away.

In the 1980s the Reds were in serious danger of moving and she bought them saving Ohio from a devastating move, but one would happen the next decade.

She always made Opening Day fun. We have a big parade for it and her and Schotzie (her dog) would grand marshal it and she would always bring the dog down before games.

She never had any kids, but she loved them very much. She would invite them down to her seats (behind home plate) and sign them autographs.

Most of all, I thank her for the 1990 World Series. She actually put money into this team and scouting (which was the best in the business) and with Carl Linder in charge and baseball economics, we may never see one again.

Man, that brought back memories.