ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Manning gets $99 Million deal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2004, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Manning gets $99 Million deal

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning has agreed in principle to a new contract that makes him the highest-paid player in NFL history.

The contract is worth $99.2 million over seven years, ESPN.com has learned through league sources. Manning's per-year average salary will be $14.17 million, an NFL benchmark.

Manning's deal, completed early Tuesday morning, includes a record $34.5 million signing bonus. The life of the deal is nine years, but the final two will be voided if Manning, who has yet to miss a game in his professional career, simply reaches league minimum playing time standards.

The NFL's co-MVP this season, when he led the Colts to the AFC championship game, can earn an additional $19 million in incentives.

espn.com
-----------------------

Do you think that Peyton Manning deserve to be the highest paid player in football?
Old 02 Mar 2004, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well, Peyton Manning is the reigning MVP of the league (co-MVP with McNair).....so I can't necessarily disagree with the fact that he is now the highest paid player.....what I don't like is the fact that this is such a huge contract.....the NFL's cap will keep salaries from being as bad as baseball, but nearly 100 million is crazy money.....IMO.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I think it's a huge investment, and pretty much keeps him in Indy for the rest of his career. Peytons a great qb, and he was so close to being on my team, but he hasn't won a sb yet. Hell, he just won his first playoff games. Now he really needs to deliver or he's going to be just like Moreno, a great qb who everyone will wonder why he never won the ring.

So Peyton, you're good, and I like you, now just deliver what you're getting paid to. It's about championships, not td's.

Wouldn't it be sad if his little brother won a ring before him lol.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Peyton is an awesome QB and deserves to be the highest paid player. Either way without him the Colts have nothing.

But I think he is the best QB in the league right now so he should be the best paid.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 02:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Minnesota Wrecking Crew

Jaden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
the NFL's cap will keep salaries from being as bad as baseball, but nearly 100 million is crazy money.....IMO.....
McNabb and Culpepper both have contracts over $100m. Neither deserve it, IMO, as much as I love Daunte and my Vikes.

Peyton is the only player who right now, deserves that kind of money. He's th ebest QB, if not outright player, in tha game right now period.

Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 03:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden
McNabb and Culpepper both have contracts over $100m.
difference is, Manning's actually will end up holding more long term value because so much of it is a signing bonus.....the NFL's cap has made long term deals what I term "soft" money.....sure, they signed contracts for over $100 million dollars, but they will never see those contracts come to fruition without having to restructure at some point.....unlike MLB contracts, NFL contracts aren't guaranteed money.....

regardless, as I said earlier, Manning probably should be the highest paid player.....like Error said, without Manning the Colts are nothing.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 03:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Manning will live up to it... he is gonna be a great player... I think better then Dan Marino... meaning he will win the championship Marino never could... he's got great size, and a great arm, and continues to stay healthy... if Marvin Harrison sticks around, and their defense can improve a little bit, I see Peyton and the Colts winning a championship within the next three years, and yes, Dungy is the coach for that team.

As far as money goes... I do think the $100,000,000 range is a little much... but obviously you gotta do what you gotta do to keep great players around.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 04:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

With this deal the Colts may have to let James go. Anf after enxt season may have to let Harrison go.

He isn't worth that much until he wins a SB. But he is a great, great, great QB. All he needs is one SB title, and he is worth all that money, or however much he will actually get out of that deal.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 05:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Minnesota Wrecking Crew

Jaden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
With this deal the Colts may have to let James go. Anf after enxt season may have to let Harrison go.
Actually, as backwards as it sounds, this deal free's up money to SIGN James, not release him. Mort and Clayton explain it in their columns on ESPN.com

Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 06:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Well then the Colts should be in good shape offensively. It is their defense that is will decide how far they go.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 11:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

I like Payton, but i am not sure this is the best move. I think it is a good thing that they will keep him, but what about their defence. They won't go to the SB w/out a good defence, not in this day and age.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote