ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Palmer gets starting job in Cincy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Mar 2004, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Palmer gets starting job in Cincy

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1748183

So do you think this was a good move? Kinta had an amazing season, but Palmer can't sit on the bench forever. There's going to be tons of pressure on him though. As soon as they start to suck (again) he's going to take so much heat.
Old 01 Mar 2004, 07:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I live in Bengal country and they are not happy, Kitna is beloved here.

This is kinda like what happened when local legend Boomer Easiason was given the boot for overpaid 1st rounder Dave Klinger and we all know what happened here.

Personally, I would have stuck with Kitna.
Old 01 Mar 2004, 07:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

^^So why would they waste a 1st round pick if they're not going to use him. Personally i think he'll do amazing, hes a heisman trophy winner, he'll do fine
Old 01 Mar 2004, 08:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I've always thought Palmer was over-rated. He had what, one great year in college? I don't even know why he won the Heisman or was drafted #1. I would say to keep Kitna as the starter, but they're payin Palmer a ton of money, and it would be for nothing if he just rode the bench. I guess they drafted him as the QB of the future, so that's why they're gonna play him. Meh, I hope Kitna can go somewhere and start. He's always been a solid QB with little talent, and last year once everyone stepped up, it made him that much better.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2004, 10:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNabb
^^So why would they waste a 1st round pick if they're not going to use him. Personally i think he'll do amazing, hes a heisman trophy winner, he'll do fine
Heisman really means nothing in the NFL...

There's alot of Heisman winners playing in the CFL right now. lmao
Old 01 Mar 2004, 10:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I don't like this, JK had an awesome year and I would have kept him in.

Palmer is young and still has time to develop so I wouldn't have a problem with him sitting out another year, maybe getting some playing time but not the starting role.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2004, 10:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

I would of stuck with Kitna myself. I mean why take out someone who knows the team, knows the plays, and knows the field. To me it is stupid to put in someone so unfamiliar with everything just because he was the #1 overall pick. You keep with what works for you and possible throw in Palmer late in a few games just to get some expierance, not when your coming off the best season you have had in over 10 years
Old 02 Mar 2004, 12:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

I defenitly don't agree... Kitna had a great season, and his recievers had great seasons... so, what's the reason? Ok, ok, you think he's young talent, and that he will evolve quickly... but, let's come down to reality... Peyton Manning is the only recent QB to blossom straight out of college, I guess there's a chance Palmer can play on a professional level. If it all doesn't turn out right, and Palmer flops... they can always bench him and put Kitna back in... so, it's not really too bad.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 12:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well, after the year Kitna had I am surprised by this move.....however, Kitna is a journeyman QB and will serve well as a backup/mentor for the young fella.....and, they can always fall back on him if needed.....

this does, imo, put a lot of added pressure on Palmer to succeed, however.....after just missing the playoffs with Kitna they now bring the #1 draft pick and expect to only get better.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 01:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo
well, after the year Kitna had I am surprised by this move.....however, Kitna is a journeyman QB and will serve well as a backup/mentor for the young fella.....and, they can always fall back on him if needed.....

this does, imo, put a lot of added pressure on Palmer to succeed, however.....after just missing the playoffs with Kitna they now bring the #1 draft pick and expect to only get better.....
Your right on pressure on Palmer because he won't have Corey Dillion to bail him out with the running game. Rudi Johnson played well in the games he played, but I fear he will become a one hit wonder.
Old 02 Mar 2004, 01:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I don't think there's a lot of pressure on Palmer. I mean, it's the fucking bengals. Everyone allready expects them to lose. Last year was a freak accident. The kind of miracle they make movies about. Nobody honestly expects the bengals to get better, shit I don't even think the mang. thinks they're going to get better. Why not give Palmer the nod and see what he can do. If he sucks and loses the first 8 games, well then, it'd be no different than what they're used to. Who knows, he might the next tom brady

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 02:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
I don't think there's a lot of pressure on Palmer. I mean, it's the fucking bengals. Everyone allready expects them to lose. Last year was a freak accident. The kind of miracle they make movies about. Nobody honestly expects the bengals to get better, shit I don't even think the mang. thinks they're going to get better. Why not give Palmer the nod and see what he can do. If he sucks and loses the first 8 games, well then, it'd be no different than what they're used to. Who knows, he might the next tom brady
Thats where you're wrong. Marvin Lewis has done an excellent job in changing the culture here in Cincinnati.

Let me give you some history of the franchise. Paul Brown was running the franchise from the beginning until his death (1990), in that span they had 2 AFC titles and was a good team in the 1980s. After Paul died, his son Mike (think Jerry Jones without the success or know-how) took over the Bengals.

From there it was blown draft picks (Klinger, Ki-Jana Carter, Akili Smith), bad head coaches (Dave Shula, Bruce Coslet) and never ending revolving door of quality players who wanted out of here. The only constant here was losing and lots of it.

When Marvin came here, he didn't use any of that as an excuse on why the franchise has done what it has done. He actually put time and effort into reviving the franchise. First, he was given the goahead by Mike to get rid of long serving assistant coaches who were intep, but yet Mike liked them. He got $300,000 into improving the stregth and conditioning here and in training camp, but most of all, he has ended the country club atmosphere here in Cincinnati.

While it is true that the Bengals may take a step back because all QBs have a learning curve, people here are still very hopeful for the future.
Old 02 Mar 2004, 02:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

There's no pressure on Lewis either, why, because nobody expects the bengals to do anything. Sure, he did pretty good, and he changed around the orginazation a bit, but c'mon, anything would've been better than where they were.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 02 Mar 2004, 02:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Your right on Lewis for now. Tony Kornheiser put it best when he said "If you win 6 games in Cincinnati, you are a legend". There will be pressure on Lewis here soon, the non-playoff streak has got to end. You just have to live here to know how it really is.
Old 02 Mar 2004, 04:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

^I'm a san diego fan. Believe me, I know how you feel.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!