ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Wanna know just how bad the East (NBA) actually is?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Mar 2004, 01:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Wanna know just how bad the East (NBA) actually is?

The Raptors have lost 9, count em NINE in a row, and STILL have the 7th playoff seed as of right now.

Only one team in the East is 8-2 in its last 10 games (New Jersey), while 5 teams in the West are 8-2 over their last 10.

If the playoffs were to start today, three teams in the East would be below .500 (and way below at that), while all the West teams headed for the playofs are better than .500. The team just outside making the playoffs in the West is at .500.

This is just fuckin pitiful. Yeah, the Nets had their little 14 game winning streak, but then they played the T'Wolves and Lakers and lost both games.

Respond how you want, as this thread is more of an observation while checking the standings....
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2004, 01:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

The east has been week for years, well, actually, without Jordan, the east went downhill.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2004, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
givin you the evil eye...

Nullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt

oh well, so much for league parity.......

good to see that having a salary cap for teams levelled the playing field.
Old 01 Mar 2004, 01:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

The cap doesn't matter if players are willing to play for less to win a championship. Is a couple extra million really worth playing on a shit team if all you want is a ring?

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 01 Mar 2004, 01:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah it's been like this for a few years, it always changes though.

I don't know why but it seems to happen a lot, especially in Basketball.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2004, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

^I think the NFC won the super bowl like 15 years in a row.

Also, it seems in basketball, because there aren't that many players, they can load up talent just by getting 2 or 3 stars together and filling in the rest with guys who would completely suck without the main men. Unlike in football, where you have 22+ positions to fill and a huge depth chart.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 01 Mar 2004, 02:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
^I think the NFC won the super bowl like 15 years in a row.
Until this year I guess...

Anyways, yeah, it's obvious the West is much more powerful than the East... the Eastern Conference teams are so guard heavy... Iverson, Kidd, James, Davis... when it gets to playoff time, they cannot compete with the West, because of the lack of big men, this will become obvious in about 2 months... when the playoffs start again.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2004, 03:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Well The East Had Always Historically Been Weak But We Just Happened To Have Some Guy Named Jordan...

There Is No Doubt The West Is Stacked And Runs Circles Around The East...But Look At The Player Lineups...Compare Sac To Toronto...There Are Huge Discrepencies League Wide...This Is Due To Salray Caps, And Like Exo Said Some Players Takin' Cuts To Play For Contenders...

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2004, 03:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash
Some Players Takin' Cuts To Play For Contenders...
Yeah... two guys that come to mind... Malone and Payton... both have all the money they could ever want, now they just want the ring... and I don't think they will get it this year... which will probably mean next year they will have to try without The Glove.
Old 01 Mar 2004, 05:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminem
Until this year I guess...
I said nothing about this year. I was making a reference to one division being more dominant than another in a different sport to try and draw parralels. I guess you missed my point, but just to clarify it for you:

XXXI 1997 Green Bay
XXX 1996 Dallas
XXIX 1995 San Francisco
XXVIII 1994 Dallas
XXVII 1993 Dallas
XXVI 1992 Washington
XXV 1991 N.Y. Giants
XXIV 1990 San Francisco
XXIII 1989 San Francisco
XXII 1988 Washington
XXI 1987 N.Y. Giants
XX 1986 Chicago
XIX 1985 San Francisco

13 straight championships for the NFC. That is called one division being more dominant than the other. It doesn't matter what sport it is. Am I making myself clear now, or should I go on?

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 01 Mar 2004, 06:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS

XXX 1996 Dallas
XXVIII 1994 Dallas
XXVII 1993 Dallas
Old 01 Mar 2004, 07:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

^^
shut up you

well, as a Nets fan, I hate to say it, but the East is pitiful as of late....maybe the NBA should divide their leagues into North and South, or northwest and Southeast, lol....but seriously, the nets, and maybe the Celtics, are the only two teams that even have a chance at the title this year, but nonetheless, it looks like the West will be dominant in the years to come...
Old 01 Mar 2004, 08:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

LMFAO@Celtics contending for the title That was supposed to be a joke, right? Boston is actually on the outside of the playoff picture looking in. What I think you meant to say, is that the only teams in the East that might be able to compete for the title are the Nets, Pistons, and Pacers. Outside of those three teams, I don't think the East has a chance. With those three teams, the East's chance is still slim to none, and slim just got the fuck outta dodge
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 12:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
13 straight championships for the NFC. That is called one division being more dominant than the other. It doesn't matter what sport it is. Am I making myself clear now, or should I go on?
I see your point about being a dominant division... but, this is an NBA thread, so lets keep it NBA... there was no point in making a comparison between two sports that are so much different... do you see my point? Or should I continue on? And point out the differences?
Old 02 Mar 2004, 01:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminem
I see your point about being a dominant division... but, this is an NBA thread, so lets keep it NBA... there was no point in making a comparison between two sports that are so much different... do you see my point? Or should I continue on? And point out the differences?
When error said it seemed to happen a lot in the nba, I pointed out that it happens in other sports too, then went on to explain why it might be more apparant in the NBA. I know it went straight over your head and for that I'm sorry. It must be a hard concept for you to grasp, comparing 2 profesional national sports leagues is like talking about apples and oranges as far as your concerened. I mean honestly, what could they possibly have in common But you had to chime in with your rolleyed, douche bag comment and make a fool out of yourself. Next time, think before you try to contradict me and you won't look like a moron again for missing the point.

How many times do I have to put you in your place before you learn?

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!