ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Wanna know just how bad the East (NBA) actually is?
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2004, 02:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
And yet I fight...
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,179
Rep Power: 130
Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
When error said it seemed to happen a lot in the nba, I pointed out that it happens in other sports too, then went on to explain why it might be more apparant in the NBA. I know it went straight over your head and for that I'm sorry. It must be a hard concept for you to grasp, comparing 2 profesional national sports leagues is like talking about apples and oranges as far as your concerened. I mean honestly, what could they possibly have in common But you had to chime in with your rolleyed, douche bag comment and make a fool out of yourself. Next time, think before you try to contradict me and you won't look like a moron again for missing the point.

How many times do I have to put you in your place before you learn?
That was a dumb comparison, Exo. That's all I'm saying

One league plays 82 games, the other plays 16
One league has 7 round playoff series, the other has 1 game and advance
One league has 5 starters per team, the other has 11
One league has All-Star break mid-season, the other has it at the end of the season

So what if I chimed in with a eye-rolling smily, I just think our mighty-mod Exo can't take being quoted...

And yeah, how many times have you put me in my place? The hit counter is at 0 in my book... are you tryin to say the time you suggested a corrupted cookie was reseting my birth date, when in fact it was STICK?
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 03:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,844
Rep Power: 5828
Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminem
That was a dumb comparison, Exo. That's all I'm saying

One league plays 82 games, the other plays 16
One league has 7 round playoff series, the other has 1 game and advance
One league has 5 starters per team, the other has 11
One league has All-Star break mid-season, the other has it at the end of the season

So what if I chimed in with a eye-rolling smily, I just think our mighty-mod Exo can't take being quoted...

And yeah, how many times have you put me in my place? The hit counter is at 0 in my book... are you tryin to say the time you suggested a corrupted cookie was reseting my birth date, when in fact it was STICK?
LMAO and both have either in the past or in the present more dominant divisions, and you can't understand it. Now you're trying to make a list of differences lol. I could just as easily have said mlb has a more dominant division as well, but I don't find that to be as true. But if you are still too ignorant to see that 13 straight championships go to one division isn't dominant, than I don't know what else to say. I guess you're just blind.

I don't mind being quoted in the least, but when you try to put in a stupid remark that completely misses the point, mostly because you don't know what you're talking about, then I'm gonna have to call you on it. And so far you haven't given a single legit reason why I shouldn't. That little "until last year" remark just proved how ignorant you are and how you can't understand

BTW, I buried you in your little portis opinion. You went from saying how great he was then ended with wait a couple years for him to get better LMAO. That's called me putting you in your place for talking out your ass, and I'm doing it again.
__________________

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!



Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2004, 10:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
And yet I fight...
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,179
Rep Power: 130
Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
LMAO and both have either in the past or in the present more dominant divisions, and you can't understand it. Now you're trying to make a list of differences lol. I could just as easily have said mlb has a more dominant division as well, but I don't find that to be as true. But if you are still too ignorant to see that 13 straight championships go to one division isn't dominant, than I don't know what else to say. I guess you're just blind.

I don't mind being quoted in the least, but when you try to put in a stupid remark that completely misses the point, mostly because you don't know what you're talking about, then I'm gonna have to call you on it. And so far you haven't given a single legit reason why I shouldn't. That little "until last year" remark just proved how ignorant you are and how you can't understand

BTW, I buried you in your little portis opinion. You went from saying how great he was then ended with wait a couple years for him to get better LMAO. That's called me putting you in your place for talking out your ass, and I'm doing it again.
I understand, just the wrong time of the month... didn't think three little words, that weren't even insulting would cause such a wrinkle in your panties.

How is "Until last year" a stupid remark? I was making a reply to your attempt at turning this thread into "Wanna know just how bad the NFC (NFL) really is?"

How the Portis conversation started was you saying Portis was overrated... which for a 21 year old being able to put up the kind of numbers he's putting up... that is not overrated, and I didn't say "he will get better", I said "he will get even better"... now Exo, if you're gonna try and use one my own quotes against me... at least type it in right.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 12:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,844
Rep Power: 5828
Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminem
I understand, just the wrong time of the month... didn't think three little words, that weren't even insulting would cause such a wrinkle in your panties.

How is "Until last year" a stupid remark? I was making a reply to your attempt at turning this thread into "Wanna know just how bad the NFC (NFL) really is?"

How the Portis conversation started was you saying Portis was overrated... which for a 21 year old being able to put up the kind of numbers he's putting up... that is not overrated, and I didn't say "he will get better", I said "he will get even better"... now Exo, if you're gonna try and use one my own quotes against me... at least type it in right.
I still know it's hard for you to understand how to compare things. It's a pretty common skill used to make a point. Like I said, I'm sorry it went over your head, that can't be helped. You just lack the cognative skills to render such a case without it being laid out in advance for you. I even posted the results defending my statement, just to help you understand and you still couldn't grasp it.

If I wanted to compare the west to DEI's dominance at restrictor plate races, I could. If I wanted to compare the west to the dominance of Tiger Woods, I could. If I wanted to compare the west to the dominance of the 1998 US womens fucking olympic gymnastics team, I could.

Now because I'm going to try to make this very clear for you one more time, so pay attention.

In nearly every sport there is often a more dominating league, player, team etc. When somebody says that the west is so strong in the nba and it seems really noticeble, I pointed out that the NFC was way better than the AFC for years, and that it's not that uncommon for this situation to happen. For one conference to be stronger. Do you understand what I am typing? Are you still having trouble grasping the concept?

Maybe you don't like the comparison. I don't know. Maybe you still don't even understand it. I can't help you get smarter if you don't want to. But if you look like a fool for not knowing what you're talking about, I can't help that either.

and here's your quote, just so you'll feel better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminem
Ok, I was wrong. Denver has a very run heavy offense... after Elway left.

Funny how a thread about Jessie Armstead and Bruce Smith could turn into a thread about Denver running backs from one comment.

Bottom line, Clinton Portis is not overrated. Wait for a couple years... when he is even bigger and faster... then you'll see what he's really capable of. And then tell me he's overrated...
Now I could have ripped this apart. At least you admitted you were wrong, because you were. I'm glad you acknowledged that. But when you say, wait a couple years, then you'll see what he's capable of, that says to me, "Ok, maybe he's not there yet, but in a couple years he will be," which means that yes, he is overatted, if he's not delivering right now like he should be and they have to wait longer for him to develop in the skins system. Where we all know Snyder is the most patient man in the league. I'll wait a couple years and be suprised if I don't find his name on the waiver wire. I could even bury Portis further by putting him up against Preist Holmes, Tomlinson, or Faulk. I didn't, and I don't plan on it, because I made my point, and you finally understood it. I was proud of you and I let it go, but I guess I was giving you more credit than you deserved.
__________________

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!



Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 02:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
And yet I fight...
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,179
Rep Power: 130
Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default

Alright, whatever man, I'm not gonna continue to argue with you about something as small as that comment was, seeing as how we both keep repeating the same argument.

But, Portis... And once again, you say "what he's capable of", not the actual comment which was "what he's really capable of"...

Why bother comparing Portis to Holmes, or Faulk... Tomlinson is the only one worth comparing, seeing as how their age is similar... and Tomlinson is putting incredible numbers with as young as he is also. Look at the fact of comparing Portis' first year rushing totals, to some of the premier backs today :

Priest Holmes first two seasons :
1008 rushing yards
7 rushing touchdowns
4.3 rushing yard average
23 games played

Marshall Faulk's first two seasons :
2360 rushing yards
22 rushing touchdowns
3.9 rushing yard average
32 games played

LaDainian Tomlinson's first two seasons :
2919 rushing yards
24 rushing touchdowns
4.0 rushing yard average
32 games played

Ricky Williams' first two seasons :
1884 rushing yards
10 rushing touchdowns
3.7 rushing yard average
22 games played

Now, Clinton Portis' first two seasons :
3099 rushing yards
29 rushing touchdowns
5.5 rushing yard average
29 games played

Now, if you still can't understand why I say Clinton Portis is not overrated, it's probably gotta do with the fact that at the time he was a division rival to your mighty Chargers... now there's no more I can do to show you otherwise.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 02:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,844
Rep Power: 5828
Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default

The Chargers are not mighty, I don't make any bones about that, and I said I wasn't going to go into it any further, so I won't. But because the whole Portis case hinges on Denvers ability to put out great backs, your post just reafirmes my argument. Anyone can step into Denvers system and have success. Holmes spent his first 2 years in a strugling expansion ravens team. Faulk played on a dying Colts team and Williams was wasting away in NO and still not living up to his potential in Miami. Why, because he's not on a team with a great running system. Tomlinson had to go to the Chargers for christs sake. But Portis got to step into a strong, developed running system with a track record of putting out succesfull backs. I allready showed that to you, and you relented your argument.

And it's cool, like I said, I'll wait a couple years to see what he's REALLY capable of, and like I already said, he'll be gettin traded out of washington and laughed down the line. Big money doesn't mean he's worth it, and if Denver, the team that know's him better than anyone figures they can get on without him and put in their new guys and have success (because you know, they can, I allreay proved that to you) then you need to get off his jock and hope he doesn't fall flat on his face instead of stroking him like the second coming.

And why would I say Portis is overatted instead of Holmes, who I think has become the premier back in the league. Holmes is still a rival. You should come up with a better excuse than that. All you've managed to do is further my point, that the best backs in the league had to make it without Denver, and I doubt Portis will.
__________________

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!



Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AFC East infirmary Dan Snyder Sports 10 27 Sep 2005 09:51 PM
Big East Preview what777 Sports 10 18 Jul 2005 09:15 PM
NL East Division what777 Sports 8 18 Jul 2005 01:31 AM
Who's going to win the AL East? Rebel Sports 2 06 Sep 2004 06:48 PM
PC2... you all wanna make an impact? You wanna prove that you're not a cheap remake? Sam WarZone 28 18 Jun 2003 04:02 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.

Attribution:
Powered by Yahoo Answers



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.