ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Gonna miss ya Forsberg....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Feb 2004, 12:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Unhappy Gonna miss ya Forsberg....

Fearing lockout, Forsberg commits to Modo

STOCKHOLM, Sweden -- Colorado Avalanche center Peter Forsberg is heading back to play ice hockey in his home country next season, according to a Saturday newspaper report in Sweden.

The newspaper Aftonbladet said that because of the likelihood of a prolonged NHL lockout, Forsberg has committed to play next season for MoDo, the Swedish Elite League team in his hometown of Ornskoldsvik.

Forsberg, the MVP last season, is playing this season under a one-year contract with Colorado, and it has been speculated that he was positioning himself to have the option to return to play for MoDo during an NHL labor dispute.

During the last NHL lockout in the mid 1990s, scores of European NHL players headed back to their native countries in Sweden, Finland, the Czech Republic and others.

Theo Fleury, then one of the top NHL players, was a huge success in the Finnish League, one of the top leagues in Europe, during the lockout.

Wayne Gretzky's All-Stars toured Sweden, Finland, Norway and Germany, drawing sellout crowds for exhibitions during the lockout.

Under International Ice Hockey Federation agreements, Forsberg couldn't play in Sweden during a lockout if he was under contract to the Avalanche. Also, he could not return to Colorado next season following a labor settlement if he is under contract to MoDo.

Aftonbladet reported that Forsberg has "decided" and that he "will sign (with MoDo) regardless of the lock-out," and has so informed Colorado. It also said, however, that nobody involved, including the Avalanche, can talk about the issue until after the playoffs.

Avalanche officials did not immediately return calls Saturday.

The 30-year-old Forsberg played four seasons for MoDo before joining the Quebec Nordiques in 1995, following the last NHL work stoppage.

Forsberg has not played since Feb. 16 because of a recurring groin muscle injury. He has been limited to only 32 games this season, but has 17 goals and 31 assists.

Forsberg has spent his entire nine-year NHL career with the Quebec-Colorado franchise.

Colorado was in Columbus, Ohio, to face the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday. Forsberg hasn't played since Feb. 16 because of a recurring groin muscle injury that has plagued him off and on all season.

Well, it doesn't look like Forsberg will be back with the Avs. Not only is this going to be a loss for the team, but will be a loss for the fans and the entire NHL. Forsberg is one of the best players in the league. He can score, he's fast, he can create havoc and makes everyone on his team better. He's also probably one of the toughest players in a long time. I hope that he doesn't go, but if he does, I hope he's successful. Gonna miss ya Forsberg
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2004, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

What the hell. It doesn't make sense that if he was still under contract next year and there was a lockout that he couldn't play for Sweden. When there's a lockout any player can play where ever they want. That doesn't make sense. If anyone knows why let me know...

But if there isn't a lockout, I can't see him not playing in the NHL. You don't know how good this source is. Its probably some shit ass newspaper thats run in some guys basement. And besides, when was the last time you can actually realy on a local newspaper for sports rumors.

Stick, don't get to let down just yet.
Old 29 Feb 2004, 05:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
What the hell. It doesn't make sense that if he was still under contract next year and there was a lockout that he couldn't play for Sweden. When there's a lockout any player can play where ever they want. That doesn't make sense. If anyone knows why let me know...

But if there isn't a lockout, I can't see him not playing in the NHL. You don't know how good this source is. Its probably some shit ass newspaper thats run in some guys basement. And besides, when was the last time you can actually realy on a local newspaper for sports rumors.

Stick, don't get to let down just yet.
That's why he signed only a one year contract, so that if there was a lockout, he would be free to play for Sweden. I guess that during a lockout, the players are still contracted to the NHL and their respective team. Oh well.

You're right though, I won't get down about it until something actually gets set in stone. I just hope that there isn't a lockout and he still plays for the Avs....
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2004, 05:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

No no no...

Alot of players were talking about playing in Europe. Thats what I don't get. I know Mondano was talking about it, and he is signed until the end of next season. So that still doesn't make sense.
Old 29 Feb 2004, 08:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Neil #1 Fighter is on a distinguished road

That sucks! the dāfirst year i start watching NHL, one of my fav players leave.........damn im gionna miss him
Neil #1 Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote