ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Paperwork mistake means Owens is still a Niner...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Feb 2004, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default Paperwork mistake means Owens is still a Niner...

Terrell Owens is still under contract to the San Francisco 49ers after the star receiver apparently missed a deadline for voiding the rest of his contract.

Owens, a four-time Pro Bowl selection, didn't file the necessary paperwork quickly enough this week to become an unrestricted free agent, according to the NFL Management Council. Owens' agent, David Joseph, will file a grievance.

"We voided the contract. There's an issue now as to whether or not the void was effective,'' Joseph said."

Owens was among several players required to file by a new deadline, which recently was moved up 10 days for players who signed their contracts before the league's 2001 collective bargaining agreement went into effect.

Full story here.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~. ~.~.~.~.~.~

Unbelievable... this is just crazy... guess this means no Owens in Philadelphia... and having to suffer through another year with the guy he went out and insulted before all of this happened... and he was 100% sure he was gone. Guess this is what happens when you're lazy, and don't just get things done when they're suppose to be done, instead he drug it out, and got his ass stuck back in San Francisco for another 3 years... lmao...
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

This still isn't final, because they voided the contract, but the paperwork might have been filed wrong, either way im pissed, the chances of T.O seeing Eagles green, just went down dramatically, there is no one that we would give up just for Owens

FUck
Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Philly could still get him. Owens won't be back in San Fran. And not that many teams are going to want him. So don't be to disapointed yet.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

Yea but rebel, there isnt anyone we could give up
Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Draft picks. And who knows...maybe there not going to want to many for him. But you never know...
Old 26 Feb 2004, 10:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^----- Good points, but very embarassing for him, nonetheless.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 02:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Ok, fellas, you were both a little wrong, it's been confirmed... Owens will be in San Francisco next year... he missed the deadline to get the papers in to void the remainder of his contract, he is not an unrestricted free-agent... and will be a Niner next year, unless they choose to trade him...
Old 27 Feb 2004, 12:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I was LMAO when I heard about this. Owens is also out like 15 million in bonuses because of this fuck up. It's almost like poetic justice, that this bitch who has been nothing but a pain in the ass for years is now going to be stuck in the same place It's just too funny. Now they really got him by the balls, they can trade him wherever they want for whoever they want or they can just make him report to training camp and tell him to suck it up and play. It's great.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2004, 12:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminem
Ok, fellas, you were both a little wrong, it's been confirmed... Owens will be in San Francisco next year... he missed the deadline to get the papers in to void the remainder of his contract, he is not an unrestricted free-agent... and will be a Niner next year, unless they choose to trade him...
I know he is still under contract for the Niners. I thought you already knew that. But that doesn't mean anything. They will trade him. The Niners don't want Owens, and Owens doesn't want to Niners. So I don't they will keep him around.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 10:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
I know he is still under contract for the Niners. I thought you already knew that.
No, I knew he was, you guys were just confusing me with your 100% positive comments that Owens will not be in San Francisco next year... if was the Niners GM... I would tell him to suck it up and and get ready for training camp in San Francisco next year, cuz, he isn't going anywhere. I mean, he really doesn't have much reason to leave, except embarassment, to the fact he can't void his contract anymore. And the Jeff Garcia bash he let loose...
Old 27 Feb 2004, 10:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Well thats why your not a GM. You can't tell a guy like Owens to do that. He simply won't try if you forced him. And even if you did tell me to play I doubt he even would. Your not going to let a player like Owens sit when you can get something for him.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 02:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
Well thats why your not a GM. You can't tell a guy like Owens to do that. He simply won't try if you forced him. And even if you did tell me to play I doubt he even would. Your not going to let a player like Owens sit when you can get something for him.
No, here's the thing... he bitches like a 4 year old kid with a dirty diaper. He has one bad season, in which he insults his quarterback, embarasses an offensive coach on the sideline during a game, and flat out insults his organization.

It was all uncalled for IMO... what a little cry baby... they have one bad season, this means that it was all everyone else's fault? They do everything they can to get the ball to Owens. Defense's prepare for it... why do you think it's so hard to get it to him?

Look at Moss... his first year, he was an incredible deep threat... the second year, teams had him figured out, man coverage with safety help over the top... he had to figure something else out to do... thus, he goes over the middle occassionally, and look at him still a great reciever, and still goes deep, just has to pick his spots.

I was kidding in the comment about making Owens play, no one can make someone do something against their own will, even if he's under "contract", and if I was in that situation, I would just pull an M.J., retire, come back and get a new team.

If I was the Niners GM... I would go out asap, and find a very good player from a team willing to negotiate for Owens... with him under contract, and knowing he doesn't wanna be there, they will defenitly trade him.

Last edited by Alth; 28 Feb 2004 at 02:35 AM.