ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Galloway/Keyshawn trade in the works?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Feb 2004, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Galloway/Keyshawn trade in the works?

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Is Keyshawn Johnson pushing for a reunion with Bill Parcells in Big D?

The first step toward a possible Johnson trade was taken Monday when Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Bruce Allen granted Johnson's agent permission to talk with the Cowboys.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones expressed to Allen interest in a possible trade of receiver Joey Galloway for Johnson last week at the NFL combine in Indianapolis, the St. Petersburg Times reported. The newspaper did not detail parameters of a deal or whether draft picks would be included.

Both Johnson and Galloway are scheduled to earn $6 million for the coming season. Johnson was deactivated by the Bucs in November, saying he had become disruptive during a 4-6 start that followed their Super Bowl XXXVII appearance.

"We'll see what happens," Bucs coach Jon Gruden told the Times. Jones also would not comment on the likelihood of a trade.

"What I will say is he is on our team and under contract," he told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "Now we've got some work to do on that contract."

It has been reported that the Bucs are prepared to pay Johnson a $1 million roster bonus on April 1 in order to control his rights straight through to opening day of the coming season. He is midway through an eight-year, $56 million contract that included a $13 million signing bonus.

espn.com
---------------------------

Now I wouldn't mind seeing this. Johnson is a Parcells player. And Galloway is streaky. So I would really like to see this happen.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 08:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

I wouldn't mind seeing this happen... Parcells and Johnson seemed to work well in New York... and this way Shane can stop telling me Dallas needs a new quarterback... when it's the recievers that need to go.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2004, 08:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alth_Coder
I wouldn't mind seeing this happen... Parcells and Johnson seemed to work well in New York... and this way Shane can stop telling me Dallas needs a new quarterback... when it's the recievers that need to go.
Thats where your wrong. Shane is right. Dallas needs a new QB. The Dallas recievers were awesome this season.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 08:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
Thats where your wrong. Shane is right. Dallas needs a new QB. The Dallas recievers were awesome this season.
Nah... what's wrong with Quincy Carter? Patience I'm guessing?
Old 24 Feb 2004, 08:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I don't know if this is a good move. Key is a Parcells guy, but he was never a superstar anywhere he's played, whether it was in Tampa or the Jets under Parcells. I mean, he does a lot of the nitty gritty things most receivers don't or won't do, like blocking, etc, but he isn't fast and he seems to be dropping a lot of balls the last couple years.

As for the current argument, is what the Cowboys need, is a running game. No running game means that teams can key in on the quarterback and the WRs. If you compare the games where Trashbrick ran well, Carter was better. Some QBs can put a team on their shoulders and carry them, but Carter isn't one of them. An upgrade at his position would be great, but I think a great running back would help out the offense so much more, no matter what receivers they have the field (last year's team, or the prospect of Keyshawn).
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2004, 09:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Wow... if my eyes don't decieve me, I believe I just saw the GayGreen Ranger...
Old 25 Feb 2004, 01:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

I want this trade to happen also. But that doesnt change my view of dallas requiring a ne QB if we are to take the next step and make the SB

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2004, 01:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneberg
I want this trade to happen also. But that doesnt change my view of dallas requiring a ne QB if we are to take the next step and make the SB
Darn... I guess I will have to talk to Jerry Jones about getting a new running back next... because QB is not what they need to be changing...
Old 25 Feb 2004, 06:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminem
Darn... I guess I will have to talk to Jerry Jones about getting a new running back next... because QB is not what they need to be changing...
What the fuck is with you.

I guess you haven't watch any Cowboys games the past few years. Your right about a running back. That should be #1 on their shopping list. They need a new qb, but there not going to get one this season. Jerry Jones still thinks that Carter is his qb about the future...which he isn't. I think after this season when he plays like shit once again, he will realize that they need someone new.
Old 25 Feb 2004, 11:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Wow, one big overatted egotistical crybaby traded for another.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2004, 11:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
Wow, one big overatted egotistical crybaby traded for another.
Galloway wasn't a crybaby in Dallas.
Old 25 Feb 2004, 11:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^Galloway is a big crybaby. He cried to leave seattle so hard he ended up benching himself. That is a huge crybaby. Then he followed it up with a season ending injury after he signed in Dallas. Galloway is a bitch. I'm sorry, but it's true. The same as Keyshawn. The same as Glenn.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 25 Feb 2004, 12:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
^Galloway is a big crybaby. He cried to leave seattle so hard he ended up benching himself. That is a huge crybaby. Then he followed it up with a season ending injury after he signed in Dallas. Galloway is a bitch. I'm sorry, but it's true. The same as Keyshawn. The same as Glenn.
I know he cried in Seattle. But he didn't cry once in Dallas. But Dallas gave up WAY to much for him. It was like 2 first round picks, and a couple of other picks I believe.

Last edited by Rebel; 25 Feb 2004 at 12:14 PM.
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2004, 01:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

^So what he didn't cry in dallas. That doesn't change the fact that he was such a bitch he pretty much sat out an entire season because he was pouting and wanted more money and shit in seatle. That makes him a crybaby punk ass reciever bitch ass whore and I'm sick to death of these assholes complaining that they're worth more than they are. So Dallas spends a truckload on him and is he worth it? Nope. And they're learning it now. So now they're going to go after another player with a horrible attitude in Johnson. I guess the lesson got missed. But I know they're just looking for someone who's has big a dickhead has Irvin. Johson will be a good heir to that throne.

But hey, if it makes you feel better, Chargers spent a shitload on Boston and he ended up being a bitch for the first half of the season.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 25 Feb 2004, 04:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
What the fuck is with you.

I guess you haven't watch any Cowboys games the past few years. Your right about a running back. That should be #1 on their shopping list. They need a new qb, but there not going to get one this season. Jerry Jones still thinks that Carter is his qb about the future...which he isn't. I think after this season when he plays like shit once again, he will realize that they need someone new.
Wait wait wait... what the fuck is with me? You were the one who seemed to become increasingly more frustrated with every post in the Armstead/Smith thread yesterday... what, since when can I not state my opinion?

Everyone in Minnesota thinks Daunte Culpepper isn't the quarterback for this team... but let his last year numbers speak for themself... big improvement, especially in turnovers... just give your guy Quincy Carter another year, see how he plays with Glenn and Keyshawn, if the trade does go through... he may have had like 21 interceptions last year, which is a shit load, but I think he's a good quarterback... he's still young, just give him another year, before you continue saying he needs to find somewhere else to play.