ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

First to 50...
View Poll Results: Which team will reach 50 wins first?
Indiana 2 40.00%
Los Angeles 0 0%
Minnesota 2 40.00%
Sacramento 0 0%
San Antonio 1 20.00%
Dallas 0 0%
Detroit 0 0%
New Jersey 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Feb 2004, 02:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default First to 50...

Ok... I saw NBA.com had a poll up... who they think will be the first team to hit 50 wins... so... I figured I would start my own... where I can actually see what peoples opinions are on the topic.

The choices will be... Sacramento, Minnesota (hehe), Indiana, Los Angeles, or San Antonio.

Along with your vote... give a description of why you voted the way you did.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course... I vote for Minnesota... not only because they are my home team, but because they are playing very solid right now... they are now getting some of their best players back from IR, with the best trio in the NBA putting up like 65 PPG... and all the role players they have that can step up when called upon... I don't think there is a team that can really matchup with them other then Sacramento... should be a very interesting come playoff time.

Last edited by Alth; 22 Feb 2004 at 02:31 AM.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2004, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

You didn't include Dallas in this? San Antonio and LA have 36 and 34 wins, respectively, while the Mavs have 35. The Nets and Pistons also have 34 wins, like the Lakers. I think I'll edit them in for you

Anyways, Kings are my team, but I can't honestly pick them. Webber still isn't back, Brad Miller just went down with an injury I believe, and so did Bobby Jackson. They still have Peja, Bibby, Divac, Christie and a few other good players to come off the bench, but I don't see them getting to 50 first with so many starters out.

I think I'll go with Minnesota. KG is havin an MVP season, Spree and Cassell are playin great. They're just the best team right now.

If the Nets had a few more Ws at this point, I might have went with them, because they're the hottest team in the league having won 12 straight, but they're pretty far behind where the T'Wolves are.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2004, 12:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

it won't matter come playoff time, but for fucks sake, I'm picking Indiana. Why, because they're the closest already.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2004, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
it won't matter come playoff time, but for fucks sake, I'm picking Indiana. Why, because they're the closest already.
Well... half way good point... but, the reason I don't think you should have picked them is because, Artest... their 2nd biggest player, has gone down with an injury that will probably put him out for the remainder of the regular season, and Jermaine O'Neal is basically a one man show in Indiana.
Old 23 Feb 2004, 03:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^it's ok, I still pick them

How's Miller doing this year? Is he still with them? I haven't been following NBA much as the years go by.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2004, 03:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
^it's ok, I still pick them

How's Miller doing this year? Is he still with them? I haven't been following NBA much as the years go by.
Yeah, he's still with them... but Reggie is getting old... so, while he still hits the key shots down the stretch, he doesn't get as many minutes...
Old 25 Feb 2004, 03:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

I had a look at the draw for the 3 teams with 40 or more wins and indianas draw is much easier than the others. so I think they will get to 50 first.

But it will all mean nothing by seasons end when they crown the LA LAKERS the NBA champions for 2003/04

Last edited by G O D; 25 Feb 2004 at 03:35 AM.
G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2004, 11:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I chose the Spurs.....the Spurs, night in and night out, are the best TEAM in the NBA....I say that because they have one superstar and a lot of role players that all play the game fundamentally sound.....they don't have to have a huge night from Duncan to win, they play the best defense in the league, and they get solid contributions from everyone.....

Not saying they will win the championship, not saying they have the best talent.....but they are the best TEAM in the NBA.....

that is all.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2004, 11:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Well... the conclusion is here...

Your winner...

Indiana Pacers!

I'm not really surprised, and not to sound like a broken record, but, it's just because they're in the Eastern Conference. Look at the stats, 31-11 in conference play... being in that conference always them to play shitty teams like Orlando, Chicago, Atlanta, and numerous others that aren't even worth mentioning... they are a solid team, but, that will change when playoff time comes... we all know they don't have the talent to win it all... we'll see what happens...

But, for now, this is the conclusion, thanks to the few that particapated.