ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Uh oh... slap goes...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Feb 2004, 03:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth
Default Uh oh... slap goes...

The franchise tag... on three different players.

"The designation means the Raiders must tender Woodson a one-year contract equal to the average of the five highest-paid cornerbacks in the NFL last season, which is $6.8 million.

"Placing this designation on Charles allows that he will remain with the Raiders next year," said Raiders coach Norv Turner. "Hopefully, we can enter into a long-term deal in the future, which will allow Charles to be a Raider for many years to come. I'm looking forward to working with Charles as well as the entire team."

"The Washington Redskins had already designated cornerback Champ Bailey, a Pro Bowler each of the last four years, as a franchise player, but gave him permission to seek his own trade."

"Frustrated in their attempts to sign five-time Pro Bowl left tackle Orlando Pace to a multi-year contract, the St. Louis Rams tagged him as a franchise player Saturday for the second straight year.

Last season, that obligated the Rams to pay Pace $5.73 million. This time, they will have to pay him $7.02 million, the average of the five highest-paid offensive linemen.

"Obviously, we want to keep Orlando," said Rams coach Mike Martz. "This seems the only way to do it for now.""

"The San Francisco 49ers have two Pro Bowl players - receiver Terrell Owens and linebacker Julian Peterson - eligible to become unrestricted free agents. They are expected to place the franchise designation on Peterson."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well... I will start off by saying...fuck, there goes my boy Woodson's chance of being a CB in Minnesota next year...

Eh... Champ Bailey... I think I would like to see him and Dre' Bly dominate recievers in Detroit.

Orlando Pace... did he even play last year? He was one of the most talked about lineman in the NFL for like the past 3 years... he was quiet last year... from my standpoint anyways...

So... anyone got any guesses on where they think Terrell Owens will end up going?
Mine - Atlanta... Vick could have a field day on any defense with Peerless and Terrell running around.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2004, 07:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alth_Coder
So... anyone got any guesses on where they think Terrell Owens will end up going?
Mine - Atlanta... Vick could have a field day on any defense with Peerless and Terrell running around.

Well im very optimistic, but i dont think hes going to go to Atlanta. Mainly because they paid so much friggen money for Price, and their cap would sky rocket. Terrel has said that he wants to play for a super bowl contender, he said it would be nice to be alongside McNabb. He said he wants an 11 mill signing bonus, if thats true, we wont get him, because we have to resign Emmons cause hes our star defensive player next to Dawkins. I could also see Terrel go somewhere like dallas, but i doubt that because i know Parcells would not want a player like that on his team
Old 22 Feb 2004, 11:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

TO is going to be in Philadelphia.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 01:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNabb
Well im very optimistic, but i dont think hes going to go to Atlanta. Mainly because they paid so much friggen money for Price, and their cap would sky rocket. Terrel has said that he wants to play for a super bowl contender, he said it would be nice to be alongside McNabb. He said he wants an 11 mill signing bonus, if thats true, we wont get him, because we have to resign Emmons cause hes our star defensive player next to Dawkins. I could also see Terrel go somewhere like dallas, but i doubt that because i know Parcells would not want a player like that on his team
Ok... so what is your actual answer? You gave three reasons... but no answer.

And yes... Atlanta's salary cap would be very high... but... like I said... with those two running around... and Vick... that could be a very tough offense to stop.

Yeah... there's no way Parcells would let a player like that be on his team... Terrell would be complaining to the media so much about things Parcells said to the team, that I don't think it would last.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 06:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

Quote:
Ok... so what is your actual answer? You gave three reasons... but no answer.

My answer is I hope so
-Tiga- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2004, 03:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
My answer is I hope so
You hope he goes to Philadelphia? I guess it would be interesting to see him there... and how long it takes for him to whine about McNabb not getting the ball to him enough.

Didn't he complain about his style and Jeff Garcia's being completely different? As Garcia was a scrambling quarterback... and McNabb is what? More of a pocket quarterback?... hermmm... I think not.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 06:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

Quote:
You hope he goes to Philadelphia? I guess it would be interesting to see him there... and how long it takes for him to whine about McNabb not getting the ball to him enough.

Didn't he complain about his style and Jeff Garcia's being completely different? As Garcia was a scrambling quarterback... and McNabb is what? More of a pocket quarterback?... hermmm... I think not.
Yea i hope he goes to Philly, he wont complain about him not getting the ball from McNabb cause they're friends off the field.

Reason McNabb is a scambling QB is because we have shit for WR.

Imagine this for a starting offense
McNabb
Westbrook
Buckhalter
Owens

Im pretty sure this will make Andy very happy, and we will prolly sign Owens, his work ethic can be changed. Look at him back in SanFran when Rice and Young was playing. He only complains when he doesn't get the ball to give the team a chance to win
Old 24 Feb 2004, 07:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
No, McNabb scrambles because he has great athleticsm... and can avoid sacks by making a move or two, or even going down field to get the first down on his own... and yes, part of the reason he's back there is long as he is, is because his recievers suck.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 08:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:

Thats one of the worst reasons I have heard. Just like what Alth said, he scrambles because he can. A coach would love a qb that scrambles. Believe me, a qb just doesn't scramble because of his receivers.