ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

News 'Skins' fans will love, and 'Boys' fans will hate....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Feb 2004, 02:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Angry News 'Skins' fans will love, and 'Boys' fans will hate....

Credit ESPN.com

Jaguars still have to trade QB to Washington

WASHINGTON -- Jacksonville quarterback Mark Brunell agreed to a seven-year, $43.3 million deal with the Washington Redskins late Thursday, clearing the way for a trade March 3.

Brunell will receive an $8.6 million signing bonus, according to agent Leigh Steinberg, who wrapped up several weeks of negotiations with Redskins owner Dan Snyder.

Brunell

Brunell is expected to displace Patrick Ramsey as the starter, giving Joe Gibbs the veteran he sought in the coach's first season back in Washington after an 11-year retirement.

Gibbs initially flew to Jacksonville to meet with Brunell, and negotiations continued from there.

"Mark and Joe Gibbs have been talking every day, sometimes multiple times," Steinberg said. "Mark's comfort level and excitement level with coach Gibbs has grown every day. He became convinced throughout the process that the ability to play for a Hall of Fame-caliber coach that had been to four Super Bowls was unique and too good to pass up."

The deal cannot become official until the offseason trading period begins March 3. The Redskins have offered the Jaguars a third-round draft pick for Brunell.

Brunell had the ability to force a move into free agency because he was scheduled to receive a $2 million signing bonus from the Jaguars at the beginning of next month. Figuring the Jaguars wouldn't want to pay him $2 million and then cut him, Brunell had control over where he wanted to go.

The Dolphins and Chargers were among the team wanting to sign him if he was released.

The Redskins offered the best draft pick in trade.

Well, Brunell would have been an improvement over Carter for the Cowboys, but they weren't even mentioned in this article, so I guess they weren't interested in him. I don't understand why the deal will be for 7 years. Brunell is obviously nearing the end of his career, and 7 years seems like an awfully long time. I also don't understand why they won't stick with Ramsey. With the right coach (NOT Spurrier), he could be great, which is hard for me to say being a 'Boys fan
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2004, 03:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
I also don't understand why they won't stick with Ramsey.
Because he was sacked like 30 times this year... and we all know it couldn't just be the offensive lines fault...

Anyways... this is truly dumb... who signs a washed up Brunell to a 7 year contract other than Mr. Moneybags, Daniel Snyder... watch him flop... and have to buy out his contract, like Spurrier...
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2004, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Damn this sucks. But until they get an O line in not afraid. But man, I was really hoping that Dallas would of made a bigger intrests in him. They better sign a good fucking running back then.
Old 20 Feb 2004, 06:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

I don't get what Gibbs is looking at. Brunnel is aging and injuring prone. There is no upside to him. Ramsey is what the Skins need. I hope they trade Ramsey to someplace where he is the starter, like Pittsburgh. We could use him, he is an improvement over Tommy "Stonewall" Maddox.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote