ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Cards sign Pujols to $100M deal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Feb 2004, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Cards sign Pujols to $100M deal

The St. Louis Cardinals and Albert Pujols have tentatively agreed to a seven-year contract for about $100 million, according to a baseball official with knowledge of the negotiations, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reports.

Pujols is scheduled for a Friday arbitration hearing -- he was asking for a $10.5 million salary and the team offered $7 million -- but the deal is expected to be announced before then.

Brian Walton of thestlcardinals.com first reported that the two sides had a tentative deal Wednesday morning. A baseball official confirmed the report for ESPN.com.

A source also told The Associated Press that the deal is done.

"He called me to give me the good news early in the morning," his aunt, Miriam Pujols, told the AP in the Dominican Republic.

Pujols, who won his first NL batting title and finished second in MVP balloting behind Barry Bonds in 2003, said in January he wanted a long-term contract.

The left fielder batted .359 with 43 home runs and 124 RBIs in 2003.

Pujols has played only three full seasons, making him the fastest player to receive a $100 million contract. Colorado's Todd Helton signed a $141 million extension in March 2001 after three-plus seasons in the big leagues.

In three seasons, Pujols is hitting .334 with 114 homers and 381 RBIs.

Pujols played a lot in left field last season and also spent time at first base. He is likely to move to first base full-time this season after Tino Martinez was traded to Tampa Bay.

The Cardinals open spring training Friday at their camp in Jupiter, Fla.

Last month, Pujols said he wanted a long-term contract from the Cardinals. Asked whether he would give the team a break in price, he said no.

"What do you mean?" Pujols said during the Cardinals' annual winter fanfest. "This is business. There's no break here.

"You try to get what you deserve and that's what I want. I've taken care of my business in the field the last three years and hopefully I get treated respectfully, that's all I ask for."

espn.com
Old 19 Feb 2004, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

Goddamn .... how much money does a person really need?
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2004, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

He's going to be this generations Ted Williams. He is the best hitter I seen since Tony Gwynn.
Old 20 Feb 2004, 02:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Yeah, Pujols first three seasons he has really made a name for himself as one of the best hitters in the league... he isn't too shabby on the defensive side either... I think he would be excellent in the AL... at 1B/DH... but obviously not within the next 7 years... unless a big time trade occurs... like what happened with trAder-Rod...

Pujols is already on his way to shattering some all-time batting records... this guy is worth it.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote