ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

A-Rod to the Yankees?.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Feb 2004, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default A-Rod to the Yankees?.....

ESPN.com news services
NEW YORK -- The Yankees are said to be in serious discussions with the Rangers to acquire Alex Rodriguez and move him to third base, where he'd play alongside shortstop Derek Jeter.

Newsday, the 600,000-plus circulation newspaper on suburban Long Island, N.Y., reported in its Saturday editions that A-Rod is desperate to get out of Texas and would be willing to switch positions to get to New York.

A source close to the conversations told ESPN Saturday morning that talks are in the early stages but that it's a "longshot" the deal will ever be completed because of "many hurdles" that stand in the way.

The New York Post, which is usually leading the way when sensational stories pop up, reported Saturday only that the Yankees have asked the Rangers about their interest in making such a trade, in which Alfonso Soriano would leave New York.

On Saturday afternoon, The Associated Press reported that the Yanks and Rangers had started preliminary discussions Wednesday night, according to a high-ranking baseball official, and that it's still too early to tell whether they will lead to a deal. Rodriguez has a no-trade clause but has said he would be amenable to a deal to the Yankees, the official said.

Soriano, 25, is signed only through 2004, for $5.4 million. He can't be a free agent until after the 2006 season. The 28-year-old Rodriguez is owed $189 million over the next seven years, although he can opt out after 2007. Thus, the Yankees would take on an extra $183.6 million guaranteed if the deal is consummated.

However, according to Newsday's source, the Rangers would be willing to foot some of that bill. The American League source also told Newsday that the two clubs talked late into Friday night about the trade.

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman admitted to the Post on Friday that he has approached the Rangers about a deal, but was initially turned down.

"There are many times I float weather balloons to my counterparts," Cashman told the Post. "I won't comment on trade rumors, but it should come as no surprise that I am constantly floating weather balloons to my counterparts. Ninety-nine [percent] of them get popped and fall to the ground."

Texas officials did not immediately return telephone calls, according to the AP, which reached Rodriguez's agent, Scott Boras, only to have him say, "I can't comment on the situation."

The Post reported that the Yankees would likely have to give up Jose Contreras as well as minor-league catcher Dioner Navarro in such a trade.

The Red Sox and Rangers talked extensively this winter about a deal involving A-Rod, but could not get it done, thanks to A-Rod's contract. The two teams did agree to a trade in December, but the union refused to approve it, declaring that A-Rod was setting an unacceptable precedent by diminishing his contract's value.

Rangers owner Tom Hicks then announced that Rodriguez would stay with the Rangers, and last month the team named A-Rod its captain.

The Yankees recently lost third baseman Aaron Boone to what likely is a season-ending knee injury. The trade would create a void at second base for the Yankees. Enrique Wilson and Miguel Cairo would have to share the duties.

Rodriguez, who has 345 career homers, is coming off an MVP season in which he hit .298 with 47 homers and 118 RBI.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

that'd be just like Steinbrenner.....interesting tidbit.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2004, 06:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Its official, A-Rod is a Yank.

AL East will be loaded, Do not count out Toronto or Baltimore.
Old 14 Feb 2004, 06:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

what do you mean by its official?.....I haven't heard or read that it's a deal yet.....just speculation so far......

you heard differently?......

Old 14 Feb 2004, 07:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Newsday.com says it is
Old 14 Feb 2004, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

ahhh.....that's part of the above story.....MLB has refuted the story.....

Old 14 Feb 2004, 07:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Doctor of Womenomics

RJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of light

no sense in even watching the season if this goes down. Must be nice to be a Yankee fan and have your starting 3rd baseman go down to an injury and you go out and get the best player in the game to replace him.
RJ Suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2004, 08:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Suave
Must be nice to be a Yankee fan and have your starting 3rd baseman go down to an injury and you go out and get the best player in the game to replace him.

yes it really is

Stephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2004, 10:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

ESPN says deal should be offical within 24 hours.

This is such a f*ckin joke
Old 15 Feb 2004, 12:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie

Best Valentines day ever. I didn't even like A-rod till today.

Stephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2004, 01:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

Athos is on a distinguished road

AND FOR THE FREAKING 100 years in a row the standings in the East will be Yanks, Box, Blue Jays, Tampa Bay

If that EVER CHANGE the WORLD WILL COME TO AN END!!!!!

LOL
Joking about the world coming to an end. It will be the same standings for like ever
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2004, 01:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

Athos is on a distinguished road

Red SOX should have paid whatever the amount
They should have known Stienboner will pick him up
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2004, 01:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

The O's are still major sleepers...Not saying they'll overtake the Yanks..But if they can get a wild card spot...Ya never know..
Old 15 Feb 2004, 12:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

This is just more proof why the MLB needs a salary cap and why the Players' Union should be disbanded. This is total bullshit. But, anything short of a World Series victory in four games is a failure then.

Fuck the Yankees, fuck Steinbrenner, fuck the Players' Union, and fuck A-Rod if he goes along with this.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2004, 04:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

I thought they had a cap?
Old 15 Feb 2004, 04:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
givin you the evil eye...

Nullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt

honestly?

The Sox are going to do shit this year. While their rotation is a bit stronger......it's a lot more injury prone. Nomar and Manny Ramirez are unhappy. Give these guys until the all-star break to implode.

While Baltimore did improve with their off season accquisitions, they just don't have enough to put them over them. team chemistry and inconsistency will plague these guys all year.

The dark horse in the AL East this year, has got to be the Jays. They won 86 games last year with a horrendous rotation.....and they managed to fix it up hardcore with all their pickups.

Their offense hasn't been a question these last few years.....Delgado and Wells are a huge 1-2 punch, Hinske will be back after an off-year and many of their first year holdovers (Reed Johnson, among others will break out this year)

They're young, potent and dangerous. and they will shock no one by taking the wildcard spot.