ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Red Wings come off looking smart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Feb 2004, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever
Default Red Wings come off looking smart

Quote:
Red Wings goaltender Dominik Hasek will miss the rest of the season because of an injured groin, although he hopes to play again.

``That's it for the season,'' Hasek said Tuesday. ``I cannot handle anymore. My groin, it cannot handle it. I hoped for two months it would get better every day. But it didn't get better, it got even worse last week''

The Red Wings have Curtis Joseph and Manny Legace in the net.

The 39-year-old Hasek ended his retirement after one year to return to Detroit, but he played in just 14 games before Tuesday's announcement. He was 8-3-2 for the Central Division-leading Red Wings.

``He really feels that he needs an extended period of time to give the groin a chance to heal,'' Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said from a meeting of GMs in Henderson, Nev.

Hasek has been the NHL's MVP twice and won the Vezina Trophy as the league's top goalie six times.

``I think in the summertime he's going to decide whether he wants to officially retire,'' Holland said.

Hasek retired after helping Detroit win the 2002 Stanley Cup, and the Red Wings signed Joseph to replace him. After the Red Wings were swept in the first round of last season's playoffs, Hasek returned, and the team tried to trade Joseph.

But no one wanted to take on Joseph's $8 million contract, and Detroit must be relieved to have him now. Joseph is 13-9-2 with a 2.48 goals-against average this season.

``We're very, very lucky that he's been a real pro through this,'' Holland said. ``And luckily for us that nobody claimed him.''
The wings now look smart for not trading Cujo.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2004, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

I knew Hasek's nagging groin injury was going to be the deciding factor. It's too hard to come back from those things unless you just sit out the season to let it heal but even then it's still tough. Cujo has been pretty solid as of late so they should be fine, he is usually at his best in the playoffs anyway.

I have a buddy who is a goalie and he fucked up his groin last year and it took forever for that thing to heal and even still it never healed fully. Not a good injury to have, especially being a goaltender.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2004, 10:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

They were stupid bringing him back in the first place. Cujo has been playing really good as of late, so they will be fine. He said he wants to come back next season though. I don't know whats going to happen there though.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 11:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

lol now Cujo got hurt tonight. This is good news for me. Hopefully the Stars can gain some ground on them now. But Leagacy is still a pretty good goalie.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 12:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

YES!!!! I have the second part to a bitch bet with the wings/avs coming up so this is good news for me!
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote