ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Burke Headed To Philly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Feb 2004, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Burke Headed To Philly

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Philadelphia Flyers acquired three-time All-Star goalie Sean Burke and two forwards from the Phoenix Coyotes on Monday for promising young center Mike Comrie.

The deal, concluded at the NHL general managers meeting in Henderson, Nev., addresses the needs of both teams.

The Flyers were down to rookie Antero Niittymaki in goal. Jeff Hackett retired Monday after spending nearly a month because of vertigo, and Robert Esche, once Burke's backup in Phoenix, is sidelined by a sprained knee.

The Coyotes are 0-4-1-1 in their last six games and sorely in need of offense.

Burke, 37, is 10-15-5 this season with one shutout and a 2.81 goals-against average. He had a short stint with the Flyers late in the 1997-98 season and also has played for New Jersey, Hartford-Carolina, Florida and Vancouver.

Comrie, 23, has only four goals and five assists in 21 games for the Flyers this season, but he scored 33 and 20 goals in consecutive seasons for Edmonton before running into contract problems with the Oilers last summer. He sat out the first two months of the season before the Oilers traded him to Philadelphia on Dec. 16.

In addition to Burke, the Flyers acquired right wing Branko Radivojevic and the rights to left wing Ben Eager, an unsigned minor-leaguer who was picked 23rd overall in the 2002 draft.

espn.com
-------------------

Wow this is huge for Philly. They got the goaltending that was needed, and a good one too. This could give them a good run at the cup. I think this trade worked up very good for both teams.
Old 09 Feb 2004, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah good deal no doubt but I still don't think it's enough to take them to the cup.

They always seem to choke big time in the playoffs, I don't know why but they do it every year it seems.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2004, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by error402
Yeah good deal no doubt but I still don't think it's enough to take them to the cup.

They always seem to choke big time in the playoffs, I don't know why but they do it every year it seems.
It wasn't the team who choked, it was Checkmanic. He's the biggest piece of shit. But one thing is, I don't think Bukes playoff numbers are that great. But he has a very good team in front of him, so I don't know if that will be a big deal or not.
Old 09 Feb 2004, 10:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah but still, this hasn't just been going on for the last couple years. They always choke, like I'm going back 5 maybe 6 years. They always have awesome teams and they never get it done in the playoffs.

Like go back to 2000 when they blew a 3-1 series lead to NJ that cost them a trip to the cup and they probably would have walked over Dallas if they did

But needless to say that didn't happen, I hate Philly anyway. My dad is a Philly fan and I always laugh at him for it.
Old 09 Feb 2004, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by error402
But needless to say that didn't happen, I hate Philly anyway. My dad is a Philly fan and I always laugh at him for it.
lol so how could this happen? Your favourite team is your dads team biggest rival? If like liked the Oilers, or Wings my dad would disown me.
Old 09 Feb 2004, 10:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah, he'd like to think his team is good but deep down he knows they suck. He's still living in their glory days of the past.

He turned me into a Steeler fan but there is no way he'd ever get me to like the Flyers.