ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

coaches say "sorry Rook".....'Bron doesn't make the all-star team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Feb 2004, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default coaches say "sorry Rook".....'Bron doesn't make the all-star team

Associated Press
NEW YORK -- LeBron James missed the cut Tuesday in voting for All-Star reserves, finishing behind Eastern Conference guards Paul Pierce, Michael Redd, Baron Davis and Jason Kidd. "Being selected to the All-Star team, it wouldn't be nothing new to me," James said Tuesday before the 14 reserves were announced. "I've been on All-Star teams my whole life. That's just how I play the game of basketball."

The league's 29 coaches selected the reserves.
Shaquille O'Neal of the Los Angeles Lakers was among the Western Conference reserves for the league's showcase event Feb. 15 in Los Angeles.

Other All-Star reserves for the West are: Dirk Nowitzki of Dallas, Peja Stojakovic and Brad Miller of Sacramento, Sam Cassell of Minnesota, Andrei Kirilenko of Utah and Ray Allen of Seattle.

The other East reserves are: Jamaal Magliore of New Orleans, Ron Artest of Indiana and Kenyon Martin of New Jersey.

Redd is averaging 22.1 points for the surprising Milwaukee Bucks, Pierce is the league's sixth-leading scorer (22.9) for Boston, Davis of New Orleans had the league's fifth-highest average (23.2), and Kidd has led New Jersey to first place in the Atlantic Division.

Starters for the league's 53rd All-Star Game, selected in fan balloting, are: Vince Carter of Toronto, Tracy McGrady of Orlando, Ben Wallace of Detroit, Jermaine O'Neal of Indiana, Allen Iverson of Philadelphia for the East; Yao Ming of Houston, Kobe Bryant of the Lakers, Kevin Garnett of Minnesota, Steve Francis of Houston and Tim Duncan of San Antonio for the West.

James is averaging 20.8 points, 5.9 assists and 5.9 rebounds for the Cleveland Cavaliers, whose surge of six victories in eight games has moved them into contention for a playoff spot in the East.

James is 13th in the NBA in scoring and 12th in assists, averaging 24.1 points since Cleveland traded Ricky Davis to Boston in mid-December. James, Pierce, Allen and McGrady are the only players averaging at least 20 points, five rebounds and five assists.

Coaches had to choose a center, two forwards, two guards and two others regardless of position. They could not vote for their own players.

I'd be very excited about it, but if it [doesn't] happen it's not the end of the world," James said after the Cavs' morning shootaround in Auburn Hills, Mich.

Cleveland coach Paul Silas said he had expected James to make the Eastern team. "He's put up the kind of numbers that warrants that. We're beginning to win and that's also a major factor," Silas said.

Other players having strong seasons who did not make the All-Stars include: Mike Bibby of Sacramento, Latrell Sprewell of Minnesota, Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton of Detroit, Michael Finley of Dallas and Zach Randolph of Portland.

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2004, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Awww... so sad, guess we'll have to wait until next year to see "King James" play in the All-Star game...
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2004, 03:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

rookie game is on Friday night.....guess that'll be LeBron's time to shine.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2004, 03:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

who cares, he doesn't deserve to be in the allstar game anyway. They guy has not lived up to the hype, much less the money he made before he even set foot on court.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2004, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
givin you the evil eye...

Nullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt

i agree with Exo...... this buttnugget is vastly overrated...... 'Melo and Chris Bosh are far better players.......
Old 03 Feb 2004, 11:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I disagree, he's a good player, I just can't stand his attitude, the media is blowing so much smoke up his ass, mentally, he probably feels untouchable, he's way too cocky, how stuck up do you have to be to call yourself "King James"? Seriously... he better be putting up MJ numbers in rookie season for getting a $90,000,000 shoe contract before he's done a damn thing on the court... Nike made a mistake IMO.
Old 03 Feb 2004, 11:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

well we will se Lebron in the Rookie game, with Melo, see which one becomes the MVP of that game.
Old 04 Feb 2004, 05:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Lebron has lived up to the hype in my opinon..he averages 26 points and 6 boards a game..and has the cavs right in the playoff hunt in the sorry east...Melo is the bigger snub though..He's the better player..and has his team at the top of the west..
Old 04 Feb 2004, 11:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret Hart
Lebron has lived up to the hype in my opinon..he averages 26 points and 6 boards a game..and has the cavs right in the playoff hunt in the sorry east...Melo is the bigger snub though..He's the better player..and has his team at the top of the west..
Incorrect, LeBron averages =
20.6 PPG
5.9 ASP
5.8 RPG
3.8 TPG
1.5 SPG

As of 2/04/2004.
Old 05 Feb 2004, 12:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

well, I was a little suprised to see him put up 32 last night. Ah well.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2004, 03:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Meh,so I'm wrong..isn't the first time...probably won't be the last..lol..
Old 05 Feb 2004, 11:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret Hart
Meh,so I'm wrong..isn't the first time...probably won't be the last..lol..
Bro, I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I'm just correcting you ~.~
Old 07 Feb 2004, 10:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

LOL, Put Up MJ Numbers As A Rookie, Last Time I Checked MJ Wasn't Puttin' Up MJ Numbers In His Rookie Season So Let's Get The Facts Straight...Bron And Mello Deserve To Be On That Team...What Does It Mean To Be An All-Star, To Elevate Your Team, To Be An Integral Part Of The Team's Matrix...

So Orlando Can Lose Close To 30 Games BEFORE The All-Star Break And T-Mac Gets On But Bron And Mello Have Made Their Teams Respectable Again (And They're Fuckin' Rookies Puttin' Up All-Star Numbers) And They Get The Cold Shoulder, LMFAO

Oh Well, It's The NBA's Loss, Stern Has His Head Stuck Up His Ass Again...No Suprise There

Side Note: And Bron Is Playin' PG, Wait Till He Gets Into His Natural Poistion Of Shootin' Guard, LMFAO

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2004, 10:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
who cares, he doesn't deserve to be in the allstar game anyway. They guy has not lived up to the hype, much less the money he made before he even set foot on court.
truer words have never been spoken...

Le'Bron is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much hype, fuckin kid got too much money and too much attention when he made it into the big time...theres no possible way to live up to all that
Old 07 Feb 2004, 04:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash
What Does It Mean To Be An All-Star, To Elevate Your Team, To Be An Integral Part Of The Team's Matrix...

So Orlando Can Lose Close To 30 Games BEFORE The All-Star Break And T-Mac Gets On But Bron And Mello Have Made Their Teams Respectable Again (And They're Fuckin' Rookies Puttin' Up All-Star Numbers) And They Get The Cold Shoulder, LMFAO

Oh Well, It's The NBA's Loss, Stern Has His Head Stuck Up His Ass Again...No Suprise There

Side Note: And Bron Is Playin' PG, Wait Till He Gets Into His Natural Poistion Of Shootin' Guard, LMFAO
Lol... do you actually watch basketball?

Yeah, Carmelo is doing awesome, but not putting up All-Star numbers... his team is doing much better then last year, I bet they even make the playoffs... but lets be serious... the reason the Cavaliers are winning as of late is because Carlos Boozer... 32 point/18 board and 28 point/20 board performance, in the 2 games while LeBron was out... they won both.

T-Mac - 27.1 PPG / 5.6 APG / 6 RPG / 1.3 SPG / 2.8 TPG... now those are All-Star numbers, now I agree LeBron could have had a case made for him as to why he deserved it, but the East is a very guard heavy conference, it's hard for him to get past some of the better ones, like Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Allen Iverson, and McGrady...

Question - What the hell do you have against David Stern? The last 3 times I've seen you post you were complaining about him...

Have you actually seen LeBron play? He is playing SG now... they traded Darius Miles and some other spoof to Portland for Jeff Mcinnis... LeBron has moved over into the starting SG spot.