ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Emmitt Smith is the GREATEST.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Jan 2004, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Emmitt Smith is the GREATEST.

I don't care about what Barry Sanders did in his 10 year career that produced nothing except rushing titles.

Emmitt Smith owns the record books.

Rookie Of The Year (1990)
4 League Rushing Titles (1991, 1992, 1993, 1995)
League MVP (1993)
Super Bowl XXVIII MVP (1994)
9 Pro Bowl Selections
3 Super Bowl Rings
All Time Rushing Leader (17,418)
All Time Rushing Attempts (4,142)
All Time Rushing TDs (155)
76 out of his 211 games were 100+ yarders
11 Consecutive 1,000 yard seasons
Most Career Rushing TDs in Playoffs (19)
Most TDs in Playoffs (21)
Most Points in Playoffs (127)
Most Rushing Yards in Playoffs (1,586)
Most 100+ Yard Games in Playoffs (7)
Most Career Super Bowl Rushing TDs (5)

I would use his MNF stats because he leads three categories on there, but I think I've said enough. Prove me wrong.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2004, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Oh yeah, and this doesn't even include what he accomplished in HS and at Florida, where at both shattered tons of records.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Oh but wait Stick, if Barry WAS STILL PLAYING he would of broke all those records by now.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 09:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

No but seriously. Emmitt is the greatest running back of our time. I don't care what anyone says. I'm so sick and tired of people riding barry's dick all the time.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 09:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
Oh but wait Stick, if Barry WAS STILL PLAYING he would of broke all those records by now.
Barry might have been able to get the season records, but he wouldn't have a chance in hell at the playoff records, because he wouldn't have been there!!!!
Old 31 Jan 2004, 09:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

Obviously, on paper Emmit is the best back of all time, but he also had a team to carry his ass through to Super Bowl

Barry IMO is a better back than Emmit, Look at game films and see who was a better back at the time

Barry fucked up more people than anyone ever did, and he had to play for a shitty ass team, his o line was horrible, more than 3/4 of the yards he gained was by himself, turning defenders inside out
Old 31 Jan 2004, 09:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

I'm not taking anything away from Emmit because like I said in the other thread I respect everything the guy has done minus his Superbowl win in Superbowl XXX but that's aside from the point. I know that Barry would never have broken all those records, that's pretty obvious considering what he had to work with as far as a supporting cast went but in my opinion the rushing record was his. And yeah I know, it's not his and anything could have happened but he was ready to shatter it and you know it.

Other than that, there isn't much more to say.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2004, 09:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
Obviously, on paper Emmit is the best back of all time, but he also had a team to carry his ass through to Super Bowl

Barry IMO is a better back than Emmit, Look at game films and see who was a better back at the time

Barry fucked up more people than anyone ever did, and he had to play for a shitty ass team, his o line was horrible, more than 3/4 of the yards he gained was by himself, turning defenders inside out
He was carried? LOL, I guess I should post his college stats and records where apparently he was carried as well

Game film can't be compared. They were 2 different styles of backs. Barry was the guy losing yards trying to pop the big play, while Emmitt was falling forward for a yard or two, gaining that critical first down. Emmitt was the guy who played hurt. What year was it where he ran the ball play after play with a fucked up shoulder? Don't say something ignorant like his team carried him. That is so asinine to even begin to think up.

Emmitt dominated teams and he may not have the speed liek some backs, he had the best vision and would make people miss as well.

Emmitt always has and will forever be GREATER than the QUITTER named Barry Sanders.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 09:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

Lets look at some comparisons

Emmit - Rookie year

241 ATT
937 Yards
11 - TD

Barry - Rookie Year

280 -ATT
1470 - Yards
14 - TD

Emmit Carrer Highs ( Didnt get a 2000 Yard Season)

Yards - 1713 (Longest Run 75YRD)
Touchdowns - 25 (Broken by Priest Holmes Stick )
Average - 5.3 YRDS/ATT

Barry Sanders
Yards - 2053 (Longest Run 85 YRD)
Touchdowns - 16
Average - 6.1 YRDS/ATT

Its time for some Math, Stick and Rebel

Emmit played in 211 Games
Barry played in 153 Games

Emmit has 17418 Carrer Rushing Yards
Barry has 15269 Carrer Rushing Yards

If Barry played in 14 NFL seasons like Emmit did, he would have
21373 Yards, thats just an Average

Even though i am prolly way Off, Barry fucking rapes Emmit in Stats, in the short time he played in the NFL, he was a better back than Emmit will ever be
Old 31 Jan 2004, 09:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

If this or if that, Barry QUIT. I don't care what could have been. Emmitt has all the records, Emmitt won all the Super Bowls, while Barry QUIT. It's a moot point because he gave up.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 10:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
Emmitt dominated teams and he may not have the speed liek some backs, he had the best vision and would make people miss as well.
Prove it
If you can find me one video where Emmit made a guy miss like Barry did, i'll have sex with a male

Quote:
Emmitt always has and will forever be GREATER than the QUITTER named Barry Sanders.
Its a good thing Barry did quit, cause if he wouldn't then the topic title would read
"Barry Sanders is the GREATEST"

You know its true, just look at my last post above

Quote:
Don't say something ignorant like his team carried him. That is so asinine to even begin to think up.
So your telling me that Emmit did all the shit by himself, no my friend Emmit had an offensive line, look at the 9 times he went to the pro bowl, and then check to see how much Offensive lineman from dallas went to....GO AHEAD STICK
Old 31 Jan 2004, 10:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Can you predict the future? No I didn't think so.

So lets say Barry would of played longer. And he breaks his leg the next season. Well he can't get any yards with a broken leg. I'm so sick of dick riders like yourself saying 'if this' 'if that'. You don't know what would of happend in the future. Your the ones that can't face that Emmitt is #1.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 10:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

Quote:
If this or if that, Barry QUIT. I don't care what could have been. Emmitt has all the records, Emmitt won all the Super Bowls, while Barry QUIT. It's a moot point because he gave up.
Compare stats from Barrys 10 years, and Emmits 10 years, and then we'll see who the better back is.

If Emmits are better, i'll change my name to STICKS BITCH or REBELS BITCH

Last edited by -Tiga-; 31 Jan 2004 at 10:05 PM.
-Tiga- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2004, 10:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
Prove it
If you can find me one video where Emmit made a guy miss like Barry did, i'll have sex with a male

So your telling me that Emmit did all the shit by himself, no my friend Emmit had an offensive line, look at the 9 times he went to the pro bowl, and then check to see how much Offensive lineman from dallas went to....GO AHEAD STICK
I'm not saying Emmitt made people miss like Barry, because what Barry did was his way. He was one of a kind. But Emmitt would make people miss. If I knew where to get football videos, I would find them. I've seen Emmitt make spectacular runs. Keep in mind, while Barry was the one losing yards trying to make something happen, Emmitt was grinding out the tough yards to get critical first downs to keep the chains moving in critical times of critical games. It isn't always about making the long flashy runs. Emmitt made the Cowboys a ball control offense. They ate up clock late in games behind him getting 4 yards here, 3 yards here and keeping the chains moving. That in effect kept their defense refreshed.

I'm also not sayign Emmitt did it all by himself. I'm saying that he wasn't carried. If that was case, we can take almost any great back, and look at their surrounding cast. I guess Terrell Davis carried Elway to the Super Bowl, oh wait, it was the offensive line and the wide receivers. It's a team game and Emmitt always gave credit to everyone else.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 10:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Since this has turned into nothing more that Emmit vs. Barry thread I will try to add something else to it. Who do I feel the best running back of all time was?

I'm going with Jim Brown.

Brown held basically every rushing record in NFL history and did so for a long time before anyone really surpassed him. Just over 12, 000 career yards doesnt sound like much compared to Smith or Barry but consider the fact that he only played for 9 years in the NFL. If you wanted to get into the whole projected yards thing you could estimate around 16,000 18,000 yards if he stuck around a bit longer. I know he won the rushing title like 7 or 8 times, some ridiculous number considering he played only 9 years. Also 9 year career and 9 Pro Bowl appearances aint to shabby now is it? He had 2 League MVP awards and one came in his rookie season.

Some facts may be off because I cant remember everything but Im pretty sure Im close enough.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote