ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Kariya Back in Anaheim....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Jan 2004, 12:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Kariya Back in Anaheim....

So I'm watching SportsCenter and they show a few highlights of this in progress game. They show Kariya touching the puck for the first time as a visitor, and the fans BOO him. What the fuck is that? Usually, fans boo when a player leaves because the team isn't offering him enough money. Kariya left because he wanted to win a cup, and in wanting to do that, signed for so much less than whet he could have made. Besides, he helped that shitty franchise become respectable and led them in scoring 6 seasons or something like that.

Oh yeah, speaking of that game, they showed a 'non goal', which would have been a goal had the clock not expired. This brings me to disliking their rule about if the puck crossed the line or not. The rule should be similar to the NBA's of "if you got the shot off, it should count". Sakic would have a goal, Kariya an assist, and the Avs a 1-0 lead if it wasn't for that rule
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2004, 09:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I would be pissed too if I was a Ducks fan. He basically told the Ducks organization Fuck You. But I mean he did the right thing. And its good to see that there are still some players out there that don't care about the money.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Well considering how close he got last year I guess it was kind of shocker that he decided to leave when it looked as if the Ducks were finally moving in the right direction.

I can't blame him though, he's a good player and it'd be tough to never win the big one. He'll be out of Colorado after this year though, so it's now or never.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote