ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Emmitt to play one more season.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jan 2004, 12:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Emmitt to play one more season.

ESPN.com news services
HOUSTON -- Emmitt Smith is not calling it a career -- not yet.

After a disappointing first season with the Cardinals, the 34-year-old Smith told ESPN's Jim Gray on Wednesday night that he intends to honor his contract and play another season in Arizona.

Smith was attending the Kings-Rockets NBA game when he made his comments. He is in Houston for the Super Bowl XXXVIII festivities.

New Arizona coach Dennis Green has said he is hopeful Smith, the NFL's all-time rushing leader, will return to play for him this season.

Smith is hoping to be part of a turnaround in Arizona. The Cardinals have been a disappointing team for much of their history, and went 4-12 record last season. That mark tied three other teams for the worst record in the NFL.

Smith is the author of a record 17,418 rushing yards and 155 rushing touchdowns in his illustrious 14-year career. However, in his first season out of Dallas, Smith rushed for a career-low 256 yards and was limited to 10 games due to injury. His yards-per-carry (2.8) and touchdowns (2) were also career lows.

Marcel Shipp, 25, carried much of the load on the ground, rushing for 830 yards.
---------------------

Man, I just wish he would retire. He's just hurting himself by playing for this pathitic team. But hey I guess that fucking asshole Jerry Jones might be second guessing himself by not keeping Emmitt around for another season or two. They could of used him...
Old 30 Jan 2004, 01:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I don't know Rebel, I think Jones made the right move in getting rid of him. Smith was awful running for the Cardinals, while Shipp played pretty damn well in limited action. The choice of making Hambrick the starter wasn't the right one, but Smith probably would have done about the same as his replacement.

I also wish he would retire. Some guys hang on too long, and their skills deteroriate gradually, but it seems like he just hit a wall out of nowhere. I think he's tarnishing a great career by staying, and even moreso by playing in those hideous Cardinals uniforms.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2004, 10:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
I don't know Rebel, I think Jones made the right move in getting rid of him. Smith was awful running for the Cardinals, while Shipp played pretty damn well in limited action. The choice of making Hambrick the starter wasn't the right one, but Smith probably would have done about the same as his replacement.
Emmitt could of easily run for over a 1000 yards the way the Cowboys played this season. Emmitt can do more then just run straight like Hambrick does.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 01:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

emmitt should of retired after breaking the record knowing it was a bad season should of at least retired on a high note
Old 30 Jan 2004, 04:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

LMAO, It's time to leave Emmitt. You are too old. You are so old you should be playing for the Raiders. That's fine though, he can struggle next year in Az. and end up tarnishing his carreer even more.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2004, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Haha @ Exo.

I agree... he would fit in well with the Raiders offense.

And he should have retired while he was on top, now all I will remember him for is crying after his team got beat in Dallas last year.

He will always be a legend, but not good to see him drag his career out, especially a running back, they take the worst beating, just edging out the quarterback.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2004, 05:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

617 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 617

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
LMAO, It's time to leave Emmitt. You are too old. You are so old you should be playing for the Raiders. That's fine though, he can struggle next year in Az. and end up tarnishing his carreer even more.
The Raiders what are you in a GANG or something why don't you jump off the bandwagon and route for your home team vato!!
617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2004, 05:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

^^^^what the heck?.....Exo is a Chargers fan.....he hates the Raiders.....he's making fun of the fact that they are all a bunch of no good troublemaking Romoesque retirees that nobody else wants......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2004, 05:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo
^^^^what the heck?.....Exo is a Chargers fan.....he hates the Raiders.....he's making fun of the fact that they are all a bunch of no good troublemaking Romoesque retirees that nobody else wants......
A.K.A. Old people.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 05:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Emmit Should get out...I mean..he's not even a tenth of what he was before..I think He might be trying to put the rushing record out of reach..and thats why he's satying around..
Old 30 Jan 2004, 05:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

^^^^well, ten more years at 250 yards rushing per season ought to do it.....lol.....

Old 30 Jan 2004, 06:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

lol...just maybe...oh and thats no where close to how you Spell his name oeo..Im referring too "Romoesque"
Old 30 Jan 2004, 06:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

lol.....i know it is spelled Romanowski.....i was spoofing the name.....it's all good.....

Old 30 Jan 2004, 06:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Are you telling me it's not = "RomanIDisfiguredMyTeammatesFaceAndGotAwayWithItOw ski?

Edit - What's with the space between "s" and "k", when I try to edit it, shows it like it should be... whatever.