ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

a little sports forum specific suggestion.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jan 2004, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
givin you the evil eye...

Nullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt
Default a little sports forum specific suggestion.....

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "Sports Forum" supposed to be spelt exactly that way, not the way it's currently spelt in that ultra-purdy banner?

Sports Forum?

-or-

Sport's Forum?

i always thought that apostrophes we're used in words to make the condensed form of "(blank) is" as in like "it's" (it is) he's (he is) that's (that is)?

I know I'm being all nit-picky and whatnot....but c'mon.....it makes the place look like amateur hour or "my first message board".

Just a little constructive criticism from your not-so-perfect OT Mod.

Rebel, Error I know it's out of your control......but you might want to let the higher-ups know, yo.

Last edited by Nullpunkt; 28 Jan 2004 at 03:07 PM.
Nullpunkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

I don't think many people use that layout anyway but yeah I guess you're right.

But if it bothers you then I'm sure someone will fix it but there isn't much I can do about it.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I'll make a copy of this for the mod room, to see if anything could be done.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 03:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
givin you the evil eye...

Nullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by error402
I don't think many people use that layout anyway but yeah I guess you're right.

But if it bothers you then I'm sure someone will fix it but there isn't much I can do about it.
thanks, you sports folk are good people.
and hey, i think it's about time I started posting in here again......

looks like i've been missing out on PWF's most improved forum!

keep up the ultra neat spiffy work, chaps........
Old 28 Jan 2004, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Thanks Mo.

And you do need to post in here more.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

does it really matter what the forum is called?
Old 28 Jan 2004, 07:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

well, I suppose it could be used either way. The apostrophe can also be used to denote ownership. As in "Exo's Forum". The apostrophe is used to tell the reader that the forum belongs to Exo, or in this case to Sport. It is the Sport's Forum. Or it could be written as sports forum and simply mean multiple sports are in here. Similarly, the WWE forum could always be called WWE's forum, and it would make sense, but not WWEs forum, because there is only one.

See how I'm jurt trying to help out.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 07:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

^... grammatical asshole...
Old 28 Jan 2004, 08:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
well, I suppose it could be used either way. The apostrophe can also be used to denote ownership. As in "Exo's Forum". The apostrophe is used to tell the reader that the forum belongs to Exo, or in this case to Sport. It is the Sport's Forum. Or it could be written as sports forum and simply mean multiple sports are in here. Similarly, the WWE forum could always be called WWE's forum, and it would make sense, but not WWEs forum, because there is only one.

See how I'm jurt trying to help out.

You're right... but that's not how it should be used here. The apostraphe would not go inbetween the "t" and the "s" even if it is in the sense you're pointing out. It would be "Sports' Forum". We could, however, just put a disclaimer at the top of the forum saying that SC skipped grades two through twelve.