ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Is The NHL Season To Long?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jan 2004, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Is The NHL Season To Long?

Alot of people think that the NHL season is to long. I find its mostly people who aren't crazy about hockey though. I like it how it is. Sometimes it does feel like its really long. Espically if your team is on top for the whole season. But for me right now, my Stars need these games to gain ground on San Jose, Detroit, and Colorado. So would you make the season shorter? And if so, how many games would you make it?
Old 27 Jan 2004, 07:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

It's definatly the longest of all the sports, or at least it feels that way.

I don't mind it but then again I don't really watch hockey much until the NFL season is done.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2004, 07:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well, the rules committee is taking a look at the points system, making a win worth three points instead of two.....that may make a difference in the worth of the extra games.....i think the best hockey season in recent memory was the strike shortened season, because the games meant more.....so i'd shorten it a bit......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2004, 09:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

I don't like the idea of changing the point system. But I do think that they should cut down on the number of games a bit ... even if it is only down to 65-70 games.

One thing I think the NHL does need to do, however, is contract. Remove some of the teams from areas where hockey doesn't thrive. Cutting down on the teams would also increase the talent in the game.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2004, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iglooman
I don't like the idea of changing the point system. But I do think that they should cut down on the number of games a bit ... even if it is only down to 65-70 games.

One thing I think the NHL does need to do, however, is contract. Remove some of the teams from areas where hockey doesn't thrive. Cutting down on the teams would also increase the talent in the game.
Yep, very good idea. The NHL is to watered down. Teams like Flordia, and Columbus will never be good. And i'm not even sure why the Flordia has two teams to being with. All this expansion in the last decade was a bad idea.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 11:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

.... and if you have less teams you won't need to play as many games.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 11:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

expansion is okay in some areas, but the NHL basically doubled in about what, a ten year period.....that leads to diluted talent, and the fan base is not as stable......no wonder they are in trouble.....

Old 28 Jan 2004, 11:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iglooman
.... and if you have less teams you won't need to play as many games.
True. And they should also let less teams in the playoffs. I know some of the 8th, and 7th seeded teams can get hot, and go far. But most of the time the first series are a blowout.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 11:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo
expansion is okay in some areas, but the NHL basically doubled in about what, a ten year period.....that leads to diluted talent, and the fan base is not as stable......no wonder they are in trouble.....
I can only think of two cities that actually desvered a team, out of all those expansion teams. That would be Minnesota, and Ottawa. The Stars should of never left Minny to being with. Thats a like a hockey capital in the U.S.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 11:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
True. And they should also let less teams in the playoffs. I know some of the 8th, and 7th seeded teams can get hot, and go far. But most of the time the first series are a blowout.
by having so many playoff teams, they tend to make the regular season less important.....heck, the teams know all you have to do is finish around .500 and you're in.....then, once you get in the playoffs, anything can happen.....

NBA has sort of the same problem, but it's not as drastic......

Old 28 Jan 2004, 06:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I like the Panthers...*Sighs and leaves room*..
Old 30 Jan 2004, 01:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
In Todd We Trust

The Return OfSP Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...
Default yo

yeah maybe they could cut it down a bit, but not too much. the teams need a chance to make the playoffs if they struggle at the start. Now baseballs is too long.
The Return OfSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2004, 04:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

617 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 617

The NHL Playoffs are WAY too long they should make all of the payoffs series' best of 5 games and just make The NHL Finals a best of 7.
617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2004, 05:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
In Todd We Trust

The Return OfSP Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 617
The NHL Playoffs are WAY too long they should make all of the payoffs series' best of 5 games and just make The NHL Finals a best of 7.

thats a pretty good idea. it still wouldnt change the fact that the nhl playoffs are the most exciting and hardest to win.
The Return OfSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2004, 05:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 617
No way! The playoffs is the best part about hockey. Its part that everyone waits for. Plus it makes a team work hard to win a championship.