ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Jay-Z One Step Closer to B-Ball Dreams (VH1)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jan 2004, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade
Default Jay-Z One Step Closer to B-Ball Dreams (VH1)

Nets Accept Bid From Jay-Z Group; Brooklyn Move Closer

Holding company, NBA still needs to ratify $300 million deal.

by Joseph Patel

Jay-Z (file) (Photo: Walik Goshorn)

The New Jersey Nets' owners accepted developer Bruce Ratner's $300 million bid for the basketball franchise late Wednesday night, according to team officials. It clears the way for his group, which includes hip-hop impresario Jay-Z, to attempt to move the Nets to Brooklyn.

Jay-Z officially joined Ratner's group in early December, though his exact financial stake has not been made public (see "Jay-Z Aims For Nothing But Nets With Potential Basketball Deal"). Jigga's presence lent credibility and conviction to Ratner's mission to relocate the Nets from New Jersey's swamplands to the New York City borough that no major-league sports franchise has called home since baseball's Brooklyn Dodgers moved to Los Angeles in 1957. The sale will also mark the first time anyone in hip-hop has held an ownership stake in a professional sports franchise, a watershed moment for hip-hop culture.

The only other serious bid for the Nets franchise under consideration was that of a group led by real estate developer Charles Kushner and New Jersey Sen. Jon Corzine.

The sale still needs to be ratified by the team's holding company, YankeeNets, which could happen as early as Friday morning, and by the NBA, which could approve the sale within a month.

Bringing the team to Brooklyn, however, is anything but a slam-dunk for Ratner. Though his group has a detailed plan for commercial and residential development around a proposed arena, it faces community opposition from neighborhood people and businesses facing displacement.

This report is provided by MTV News
Old 23 Jan 2004, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

I thought the Nets already accepted an offer from some architect or something?.... I saw it on ESPN, I'll take their word from MTV anyday.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2004, 08:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

I think Jay's in on it with this guy.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 08:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Oh, alright, my mistake, I was thinking him and this guy were making seperate bids... but whatever, Jay-Z's an alright musician, we'll see how good of an owner he is.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote