ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Montana to Brady

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jan 2004, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK
Default Montana to Brady

I am going to say right now I wasnt the least bit interested in football when Montana was in his prime. but as of late people have been comparing Brady to Montana. now from what I have heard Montana was pretty mobile (thats not all I know about him) but I think what Brady lacks in mobility he makes up in accuracy.

feel free to make any other pros&cons comparisons and other things
Old 22 Jan 2004, 03:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Hmmm some interesting points there, but i'll say this about Brady. Shoud the patriots win the superbowl, that will give Brady two rings as the starting qb in 4 years as a starter. Not even Montana was able to do that, and he had a much better surrounding cast then Brady does.

Brady is more of a short passer, but he gets the accurate passes made, and he's not to bad for being a moblie qb imo. Montana had the long arm, but Brady works pretty effective for his short passes. Also Brady went over 330 passing attempts before being picked off, that's pretty damn good for any qb.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2004, 04:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

I think before anynbody compares brady to anybody he need to prove himself in more than juust one touchdown cuz didnt it come down to a fieldgoal to win that to me means he wasnt that standout for the team
Old 22 Jan 2004, 04:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Oh def. there is no way you can compare Brady to Montana at this stage of his career. He's not been in the league long enough, i'm just saying that two superbowls in his first four years isn't a bad stat to have under your belt. But when it's all said and done, if he continues to have a productive career and continue to win who knows? The funny thing is "especially coming from bill walsh" every year someone is being typecasted as the next joe montana. Just like you couldn't compare barry bonds to mickey mantle or hank aaron until he reached the hitting and home run record books, there's just no way you can compare brady to montana so early on in his career.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

exactly I am tired of all these reporters and sports analists claiming that this 2-4 year rookie will be the next so and so it is just retarded cuz once people get used to them they become less and less like so and so and just become another facec on the field
Old 22 Jan 2004, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

I agree that it gets annoying after a bit. I mean rick mirer was supposd to be the next montana, then eric crouch who retired twice before every playing an nfl game, and of course the oh so dreaded ryan leaf. But the one thing that Brady does have going for him is one superbowl ring, and say what you will but this year he's led his team to a 16-2 record, 10-0 at home and he did most of that with the team having half their roster out a majority of the season.

He might not be a major star or the best qb, but he's gotten the job done and without a big supporting cast. So if they do win the superbowl this year, one would have to consider Brady a real qb that's going to be a major player down the road. Imo I thought he was the MVP this season as did many sportscasters, hell he beat both the mvps in the playoffs.

People forget that it's the little things that make you great, and Brady does the little things.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

well no thats not the only thing he has going for him the other thing he has going for him is somehow some way with par and subpar players they find a way to win
Old 23 Jan 2004, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Joe Montana is simply the greatest qb of all time.....yes, i'll get arguments about this, but it's true and i'll tell you why.....

Joe Montana was one of the first to be the 'mobile' quarterback, and at the same time he was extremely accurate as a passer.....he made the fourty yard pass look like a five yarder because the touch was always there.....he didn't make Jerry Rice, Rice would have been just as great with a lot of other qb's.....but he made Taylor a possible HOF'er.....he made Rathman, Craig.....and he made the 49er's believe they were invincible.....

if i had two minutes left to play, the super bowl at stake.....i'd want Montana to be the guy with the ball.....oh, wait.....he did that already.....on the world's biggest sports stage, Montana had the guts to look at the guys in the huddle and say "isn't that John Candy in the front row?" as though he hadn't a care in the world.....why?.....because Joe knew that he was going to win the game......

sure enough, with a surgeon's precision, he marched his team down the field and won.....and he did that time after time......one of my all time favorite football moments is from 1994 against the Denver Broncos.....Montana was a shell of his former self.....yet, he still took the Chiefs into mile high, faced down the assassin himself (Elway) and delivered the death blow to the Bronco's with six seconds left in the game.....

Brady is a good quarterback in a good system.....but he is no Joe Montana.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2004, 03:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

1) Montana is one of the greats

2)I wasn't saying Brady is like Joe Montana, i'm saying if he wins the superbowl this year, it'll be 2 in 3 seasons since he took over the full time starting position, something that not even montana was able to do with a much better team then Brady has.

3)If Brady keeps this up in his career, he'll in deed be one of the greats.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 03:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

lol.....i know.....i wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you or Syn.....and Brady is on the right track.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2004, 10:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo
Joe Montana is simply the greatest qb of all time.....yes, i'll get arguments about this, but it's true and i'll tell you why.....

Joe Montana was one of the first to be the 'mobile' quarterback, and at the same time he was extremely accurate as a passer.....he made the fourty yard pass look like a five yarder because the touch was always there.....he didn't make Jerry Rice, Rice would have been just as great with a lot of other qb's.....but he made Taylor a possible HOF'er.....he made Rathman, Craig.....and he made the 49er's believe they were invincible.....

if i had two minutes left to play, the super bowl at stake.....i'd want Montana to be the guy with the ball.....oh, wait.....he did that already.....on the world's biggest sports stage, Montana had the guts to look at the guys in the huddle and say "isn't that John Candy in the front row?" as though he hadn't a care in the world.....why?.....because Joe knew that he was going to win the game......

sure enough, with a surgeon's precision, he marched his team down the field and won.....and he did that time after time......one of my all time favorite football moments is from 1994 against the Denver Broncos.....Montana was a shell of his former self.....yet, he still took the Chiefs into mile high, faced down the assassin himself (Elway) and delivered the death blow to the Bronco's with six seconds left in the game.....

Brady is a good quarterback in a good system.....but he is no Joe Montana.....

I wish i could add more, but clearly all has been said.
Double K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2004, 11:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

I still think oncec they get used to him he will lose his greatness trust me on this
Old 23 Jan 2004, 11:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

I trust ya toots, I just won't go against a michigan man!
Old 26 Jan 2004, 05:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

617 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 617

Tom Brady and The New England Patriots are in the 1st stages of creating the next NFL dynasty kind of like The Cowboys in the 90's.
617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2004, 11:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have a hard time believing that. I mean besides brady that have no real stand out player like emmit, irvin, allen, and so on.I guess though only time can tell, you may actually be right