ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Best Hockey Team Right Now....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jan 2004, 09:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Best Hockey Team Right Now....

Well, what is the best team in the NHL right now?

I would have to go with my Colorado Avalanche.

I mean, they have Forsberg, Sakic, Hejduk, Kariya, Selanne (he will get it in gear soon), Blake, Tanguay, Hinote, Foote, etc. Everyone on the roster is capable of scoring almost at will. David Aebischer is playing pretty well with a 2.02 GAA and a save percentage of .928.

They're tied with the Red Wings for first in the NHL with 61 points, they're 8-1-0-1 in their last 10. They just won tonight in come from behind fashion with a goal late in the 3rd by Hejduk, and then a penalty shot goal by the afforementioned.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2004 NHL Champions, The Colorado Avalanche!
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2004, 09:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I'm telling you right now, that the Avs won't win the Cup with Aebischer. Unproven goalies can't win you cups. Believe me. But i'm going with the Wings. They haven't battled many injuries, and they have more well round overall team.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 06:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

The Leafs..to a certian degree...
Old 20 Jan 2004, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wanderer
The Leafs..to a certian degree...
Ok i'm going to let this one side because I know your just a confused Toronto citizen that has been sucked into Toronto media.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 10:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^Whatever you say.....T-dot hater...:P
Old 20 Jan 2004, 10:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wanderer
^Whatever you say.....T-dot hater...:P
Damn right i'm a hater. I have so many reasons to hate. The Leafs aren't even close of being one of the best in the league.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 10:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

I'd have to say that the Calgary Flames are a hot team right now. Even through all the injuries they're still playing high above what they've been doing years before and climbing up the standings in the process.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2004, 10:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iglooman
I'd have to say that the Calgary Flames are a hot team right now. Even through all the injuries they're still playing high above what they've been doing years before and climbing up the standings in the process.

I'm disapointed in you too. But at least you didn't say the Leafs

Calgary was very hot a few weeks ago. With Kipersoff (sp?) out, has really hurt them. But there no where close of being one of the top teams in the league. But its actually good to see them playing the good right now.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 10:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK

I didn't say the Leafs because for the last week they've been horrible. I just have to give the Flames credit for doing as well as they're doing with goalies that they picked up off of waivers.

Also, the Canadiens have been on a tear the last week or so, only 5 points behind the Leafs for first overall.

I'm surprised that the Canadian teams are doing so well this season (Edmonton being the exception).
Old 20 Jan 2004, 10:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iglooman
I didn't say the Leafs because for the last week they've been horrible. I just have to give the Flames credit for doing as well as they're doing with goalies that they picked up off of waivers.

Also, the Canadiens have been on a tear the last week or so, only 5 points behind the Leafs for first overall.

I'm surprised that the Canadian teams are doing so well this season (Edmonton being the exception).
Wow I didn't even realize the Habs were doing that good.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 10:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

My uncle is a big Habs fan and that's how I found out they were doing so good ... since I don't follow them that much. They're 7-1-2-0 in their last 10. Not bad.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 11:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
In Todd We Trust

The Return OfSP Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...
Default yo

probably the canadiens and flames, but the canucks will take over in the second half of the season.
The Return OfSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2004, 11:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

well at one point it was the thrashers, definitely and improvement, till the 9 game skid, i was going to go with detroit, but since the avs have been playing better and are now tied as the best team in the nhl point wise i have to go with them
Old 21 Jan 2004, 06:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

Wow, no one has even mentioned the Flyers?
Old 21 Jan 2004, 09:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
Wow, no one has even mentioned the Flyers?
The Flyers have been struggling lately. The look like they will turn it around now. But a few weeks ago I would of probably said the Flyers.