ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Maddux still unsigned

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jan 2004, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever
Default Maddux still unsigned

But the last few teams looking at him are now baltimore, the giants and now the cubbies have gotten involved. Dear god no, I pray that he doesn't return to the cubs. I was a maddux fan when he started with them, but I despise the cubs so much now.....say it ain't so
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2004, 02:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Im guessing Chicago will get him.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 03:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

It's possible but then again he's trying to get a 3 year deal at 10 million per season so he'll probably hold out until around spring training because right now the cubs aren't the highest bidder in the deal, the mets want him as well as the o's and you can't rule out the padres and giants.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I wish he would Be in a Braves uniform this year..
Old 16 Jan 2004, 08:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

^^^^ I feel ya dawg, I feel the same way.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I was watching sportscenter and I saw that the Cubs were looking at him. I'm not really big into baseball but for some reason I've always liked the Braves, I don't know why but I just remember rockin' my Atlanta fullback hat in like grade 5.

I'd like to see him a Brave next year aswell but I guess it ain't happening. I was surprised though at how the braves seemed to unload this year, I guess another one is gonna go.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2004, 01:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Well the braves must have a lot of cap room coming up next season, and John Schuerholz was just given an extention and an option after that so they must be happy with what his mind set is in Atlanta right now. Sadly enough when you loook at this it doesn't make sense.

GONE FROM ATLANTA

Gary Sheffield
Greg Maddux
Javier Lopez
Vinny Castilla
Robert Fick
Roberto Hernadez
Ray King
Shane Reynolds

NEW TO ATLANTA

Gary Matthews Jr.
Eli Marrero
J.D. Drew
Antonio Alfonseca
John Thompson

So right now it looks like Atlanta has ...some fucked up game plan that as a Braves fan I don't understand.
Old 17 Jan 2004, 02:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

i was really shocked they didn't make a serious run for Vlad.....

at some point they had to retool a bit though.....Maddux' agent cost him a shot to return to Atl, or so i've read.....the Braves just couldn't pay him 15 mill again.....so he's probably going to be a Cubbie one more time.....my second favorite pitcher of all time, i'd pay money to watch him pitch against anyone.....

the Braves have Lopez' replacement in a young guy, he was going to be able to demand huge money after last year.....and you just can't give a guy that much money who is on the other side of 30 as a full time catcher.....

Sheffield is a head case.....always was, always will be.....

Castilla=overrated from day one.....easily replaceable.....

Fick is a head case and while not rated too highly, still overrated.....not a good fit for Bobby Cox.....

Roberto Hernandez was a good closer.....eight years ago.....now his slider doesn't move and his fastball is hittable.....no great loss.....

Ray King and Shane Reynolds were both waiver wire fodder.....not a big loss there either.....

JD Drew is still on the "potential" list.....he could go either way, but Cox has a knack for bringing out the best in them.....

Alfonseca replaces Hernandez with the same stuff.....

Marrero will be a good fit because he can play several positions.....and Thompson is waiver wire stuff, so.....

They really lost Maddux and Sheffield.....Chipper will have to put more of the load on his back, but he's the consumate pro.....it's time for Andruw to remove the lazy tag and become a superstar.....Furcal is very good.....they really need a first baseman.....and one more starter.....

Scheurholz is the best GM in baseball at picking up someone else's castoffs and getting good use out of them.....he'll do it again.....

alas, i too miss Glavine in a Braves uni.....and i'll miss Maddux as well.....not a huge Braves fan, but i do like them as my NL team.....in the end, the Braves will still be a top contender for their division crown.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2004, 02:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

I don't agree with them being a top contender this year *can't believe I said that* They are 2nd if not 3rd place at best. Granted not everyone they lost was a big deal but when you don't replace who you lost with any talent, you're s.o.l. They just lost over 110 home runs, and 300 some odd rbi's and didn't get any of that back. Marrero isn't that great a player, drew is always injured, alfonseca blows games and gives up late inning runs, thompson isn't that good a pitcher, and the other catcher they have is estrada that they got from philly for kevin millwood and he's not shown anything that he can play at the big league level.

On the other front, the Tigers have offered "Pudge" a 4 year deal with 40 million but I can't see him going to the worst team in baseball.
Old 17 Jan 2004, 02:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

don't be surprised to see the Braves pull out a mid-major free agent signing here shortly.....

what they haven't really replaced is Lopez.....but last year was his career year.....always a solid performer, never one to put up huge numbers until last year.....

they'll be there.....

Pudge has taken a physical for Detroit already.....that's sickening.....great catcher going towards another 100 loss season.....

Old 17 Jan 2004, 02:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Well this Estrada guy they picked up last season in the trade for Millwood is going to be the braves new catcher. I don't think Javy had a fluke year, if you look back over the years before the injuries happened, he was cranking around 20+ home runs a year and a large amount of rbi's so I think he'll be able to maintain the power numbers. True they might make some mid season moves but more then likely they'll let them go at the end of the season. There were just way to many stars on the market this season for Atlanta not to get any of them, sad season for me being a braves fan.
Old 17 Jan 2004, 02:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

still have formidable starting pitching and a solid lineup.....and the best closer in the game.....

defense will be the key to staying in it this year......Drew is a very good defender, Andruw is outstanding, Chipper is average.....Furcal makes a few mistakes, but not bad....i understand Estrada has good plate skills.....

they'll be okay, i'm telling you......

Old 17 Jan 2004, 02:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Pitching?

Russ Ortiz that's it

hampton is a joke, thompson will flop and we're still missing two other starters.
Old 17 Jan 2004, 02:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Russ Ortiz is a legit #1.....Hampton is a legit #2.....(Rockin' Leo has resurrected his career).....Thompson is a potential diamond in the rough.....

i didn't say, nor do i pretend to think that this is 1996's staff.....but they are in a division that holds no better a staff.....let's look.....

Mets.....both lefties are on the downside of their career, no force in the bullpen.....
Montreal.....Frank Robinson will again prove he is one of the best managers by making this the best AAA team in the majors....
Philly.....solid, but arm for arm no better than the Braves.....
Florida.....a very good #1, solid #2, a question mark for #3 (Willis, will he be a fluke?).....and other than that, not much.....(Marlin's fans don't deserve to have a good team.....*smacks head...that's another subject*)

they still will be there in the end.....probably not another 100 win season, but they will be in it to the end.....

Old 17 Jan 2004, 02:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

I like the phillies staff. Millwood and Wolfe, wagner for the closer and the bats aren't bad. Hampton hasn't been a solid pitcher in years and ortiz is really the only star for a pitcher the braves have *starting that is*. Right now this team looks to be on of the worst braves teams since the 90 season.