ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Chiefs coach quits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jan 2004, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever
Default Chiefs coach quits

credit ESPN

Kansas City Chiefs defensive coordinator Greg Robinson resigned Tuesday, two days after an embarrassing playoff loss to Indianapolis.

Coach Dick Vermeil stood nearby with his arms folded and occasionally wiped away tears while Robinson spoke.

The Chiefs have had one of the NFL's highest scoring offenses the last two years, but were never able to lift their defense from the near bottom of the league.

In this business you move on," Vermeil said. "I've cut some football players over the years that I love like a son. I heard from one yesterday who I cut in 1982."

After going 13-3 in the regular season and earning a first-round playoff bye, the Chiefs lost 38-31 to Indianapolis on Sunday. Peyton Manning shredded the defense, and the Colts never punted.

Robinson spoke to Vermeil on Monday afternoon and told him he would resign if Vermeil thought that was best for the team.

"He told me that he thought it would be," Robinson said.

"It's tough to say goodbye to Greg," Vermeil, fighting back tears, said Tuesday.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2004, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

I'm not surprised by this, a few teams are wanting him but lets face it, the defense sucked and though you can't blame all of that on Robinson, had he done a more efficent job, Chiefs might be in this still or been the #1 seed.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2004, 03:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well......if you don't know my feelings by now....... www.firegregrobinson.com had a few great sentiments...... hope springs eternal.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2004, 03:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Vermiel is always crying. Somebody pull the estrogen pump out of the old man and tell him to grow some balls.

But their defense was awful. He was going to get fired anyway. Still, I do like it when bad coaches are on other teams within my division.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2004, 07:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

He would have been fired anyway, IMO
Old 14 Jan 2004, 04:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Any team that would hire him now is signing there own funeral. Green put up 31 points and that guy couldn't come up with one play to even make the colts punt

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote