ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

What in the hell happened to the Missouri Tigers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jan 2004, 11:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever
Default What in the hell happened to the Missouri Tigers?

Not that I care but how the hell do you go from being a #4 ranked team in the nation to not ranked at all in just a few weeks? I mean they lose to Gonzaga who should be ranked a lot higher then #16 at a 13-2 record and beating missouri, georgia, maryland, washington state, george washington, etc.

But the Tigers are a solid team so how they're not ranked is beyond me. I don't think i've ever seen a team ranked so high and then fall out of the rankings so soon. Granted Michigan State did earlier this year after losing 5 or 6 games in a row to ranked teams but now they're back in the rankings. I just don't understand how one of the best teams in the nation fell out of the ranknigs so soon.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2004, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Mizzou has been a preseason overrated team for the past twenty-six years.....my high school coach went to Mizzou, and he says they were overrated then.....

Mizzou used to always play a soft non-conference schedule and win several early games, then hold out hope for a .500 conference record.....

Now, to his credit, Snyder plays a few non patsies in the nc schedule, but this year they have just been overmatched.....they have Paulding and Johnson and that's about it.....

KC paper said yesterday that "if this is the way Duke plays, how do they win?"......it's called recruiting......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2004, 11:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

I dunno, the last few years the Tigers have just looked like a top ten team come tourny time but now with oklahoma, texas and texas tech along with kansas big 12 is tough in basketball too. I'm not sure i'd say over rated, but this year they're looking worse then I expected. I thought a top 5 ranking was a bit much, but they're not even looking like a team that will get an invite to the NIT.
Old 13 Jan 2004, 11:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

eh.....while i root for KC teams, the Tigers hold far from a soft spot in my sports fan repertoire......figured you wouldn't be able to tell.....

they always seem to have talent (i say this because when i was shopping for schools, i went there and some guy outshot me)......however, there is always a question mark when it comes to being used properly.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2004, 12:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

I'm just a college fan who notices things lol. I watched washington state / usc this past weekend and if this keeps up the cougars might do good in a few years. The tigers though to me have always been an exciting team to watch come tourny time.