ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Do you agree with players salaries?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jan 2004, 09:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Do you agree with players salaries?

Alot of people bitch about how athletes are over paid and everything. I find its mostly non sports fans though. But do you really care about how much they are paid?

For myself, I could care less if people are making 9, 10 millions a year. Good for them. And plus they entertain me. So how could I complain?
Old 09 Jan 2004, 02:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

I do care, because athletes all are about the money now, and thats why people leave their teams that they've been for like 6 years

Hugh Douglas for example said he'd love to stay with Philly, but instead he goes to Jacksonville to where the money is at
Old 10 Jan 2004, 01:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

I really don't have a problem with player salaries, but when it gets into the $110,000,000+ over 6/10 years? That's when I think it's a little too high, look how much Babe Ruth was making in his prime compared to league minimum in todays sports. I know it's a big difference, but at that point is just a little too ridiculous for me... but, if the organization is willing to pay the salary, they probably offered it, and hey, I'm not paying it, so what do I care?
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2004, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

when it costs me 50$ for a half decent seat, $10 to park, $5 for a program, $3 or $4 bucks for a freakin Hot Dog, same for a drink, yeah i would say it bothers me a little bit.
Double K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2004, 10:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

yeah, i have to agree with K here.....you been to a game lately?.....we pay the ridiculous salaries each time we go.....it's easy to spend a lot of money by going.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2004, 10:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

I did a project on this in my last year of high school. It's pretty amazing actually how crazy some of the figures get when take a closer look at them.

I donít really care, thatís what they get for being the best of the best. There is so much money floating around sporting organizations and if they donít spend money on players where else are they going to spend it?
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2004, 02:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by error402
I donít really care, thatís what they get for being the best of the best

Yea but do you think thats Sane for a team to pay someone like 10 or 12 million (Skins with LaVar or whatever it was)

For Example - Do you think coaches are going to go crazy spend like 15 million to get someone like Owens? He is a good player, but hes going to ask for a lot of money, and he has a problem if he doesn't get the ball ( Free Agent this year) After all the shit he started in San Fran

Players are not worth 12 million..

Baseball players piss me off the most, getting like 80 million for playing a pussy sport like Baseball
Old 10 Jan 2004, 02:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
getting like 80 million for playing a pussy sport like Baseball
Pussy sport? Yeah I guess it must be easy to play 162 games in a season.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2004, 04:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double K
when it costs me 50$ for a half decent seat, $10 to park, $5 for a program, $3 or $4 bucks for a freakin Hot Dog, same for a drink, yeah i would say it bothers me a little bit.

Thats true. And $50 will get you a bad seat. And I couldn't believe how much food is. When I went to the lions game this year, it cost me $12 for a hamburger, fries, and drink. Thats like $20 Canadian for me, and the food wasn't even that good.
Old 11 Jan 2004, 01:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

No, some may have misunderstood my post, I don't have a problem with it because I don't pay for it, lol... my time will come though, when I have to buy the tickets, and the food, and pay the taxes, lol.

And baseball is not a pussy sport, have you ever been drilled by a 90 MPH (wth is that in kilometers?) in your kidneys? That shit hurts, and even though it doesn't happen as often, there's a lot more about baseball that is overlooked. (Yeah, duh, we know it's not as physical as football though, so don't even say it.)
Old 11 Jan 2004, 08:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alth_Coder

And baseball is not a pussy sport, have you ever been drilled by a 90 MPH (wth is that in kilometers?) in your kidneys? That shit hurts, and even though it doesn't happen as often,
Um No and i dont think you have either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alth_Coder
there's a lot more about baseball that is overlooked. (Yeah, duh, we know it's not as physical as football though, so don't even say it.)
Baseball players are overpayed man, there are people who get paied 100 million for playing that sport, sorry guys i'll have my own opinion Baseball is boring, i went to a Jays game once and fell alseep.......
Old 11 Jan 2004, 12:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Some salaries are a little Extreme Ex. A-Rods...And going to a game now is too damn expensive..But i don't really care..if the organization thinks the player is good enough..they'll pay them....it's that simple..
Old 11 Jan 2004, 02:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNabb
Baseball players are overpayed man, there are people who get paied 100 million for playing that sport, sorry guys i'll have my own opinion Baseball is boring, i went to a Jays game once and fell alseep.......
You can't compare the Jays to the rest of the league. The Skydome sucks. Your like 100 ft away from any players. The atmosphere sucks there.
Old 11 Jan 2004, 10:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Quote:
Um No and i dont think you have either
Not 90, but about 75, in my left thigh. And that was enough for me.

Quote:
Baseball players are overpayed man, there are people who get paied (paid not paied) 100 million for playing that sport, sorry guys i'll have my own opinion Baseball is boring, i went to a Jays game once and fell alseep.......
Yeah, when you've convinced yourself you're gonna believe something there's no turning back. I also don't agree with A-Rod's contract, that was a ridiculous amount of money for even a 10 year contract.

And yeah, I fell asleep at a concert once, does that mean all concerts are boring? And musicians are all overpayed?

K - Back on topic here, don't agree with the player saleries in baseball in some issues, but compared to other sports it isn't that bad... (minus the A-Rod thing)
and baseball is not boring.

Last edited by Alth; 11 Jan 2004 at 10:57 PM.