ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Whatever Happened To....?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jan 2004, 05:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Whatever Happened To....?

....teams getting a nickname because of their play?

We used to have nicknames like The Steel Curtain, The Purple People Eaters, Doom's Day Defense, No Name Defense, etc. I know there are more, but they are escaping me at the moment.

The only nickname recently I can think of, would be for the Rams' offense, The Greatest Show On Turf.

I guess that there being so few, a team really has to be dominant for a long period of time, and with free agency and the way teams don't stay together, it really isn't possible in today's game. But nevertheless, do you think any team will come along and get a great nickname?

If you could give any team a deserving nickname, what would it be...?
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2004, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

The game has changed from a team sport to a player sport. Very rarley do you see any decent players staying with one team these days unless they are phenominal. So with that in mind, teams are more known for the stars they have rather than the style of play. The players have taken over the nikname game.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2004, 01:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

I think it has to do with talent being more of a one person thing instead of a co op, like how moose helped emmit in blocking for his runs, but now a days people are just more consentrated on their own achievements that there isnt that stong talent unity to warrent a nickname
Old 08 Jan 2004, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

It's all about contracts now, I can't even tell you who;s w/ what team now
Old 08 Jan 2004, 02:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Good question, it boils down to face time, end zone celebrations are all about getting your face on T.V., a selfish thing to do, but that kind of revolves around the team thing also, in order for your offense, or defense, or special teams to develop a signature name they all have to function and play well as a whole, not this one or two star player thing, like with Dante Hall in KC, the special teams aren't good, Dante Hall is good... thats how people are changing these days too, they don't like specific teams, they like Priest Holmes, or Peyton Manning.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2004, 08:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

The Panthers were called the Cardiac Kids on TV down here several times, becuase of the # of come from behind and very close victories this season. I thought that was pretty cool.
Double K is offline   Reply With Quote