ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

So Rose finally admits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jan 2004, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever
Default So Rose finally admits

Now that he's admitted to betting on baseball, does the MLB lift his ban on baseball and get him in the hall or leave it be?
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2004, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

while his accomplishments belong in the HOF, Pete Rose clearly does not belong there.....i know, the arguments will come up that he didn't do anything like kill someone or get busted for drugs.....but, he did three things.....

#1, he BET ON BASEBALL

#2, he lied for fourteen years about #1

#3, he AGREED TO BE BANNED FOR LIFE FROM BASEBALL.....

Pete Rose was a great player, and his playing career should have been rewarded with a place in the HOF.....however, he turned his back on the game and bet on the game.....he put a black eye on the sport.....and, for fourteen years, he has complained that baseball gave him a black eye.....

someday, i hope Pete Rose looks in the mirror and realizes that he screwed himself and the game of baseball.....sadly, i believe he will always say that baseball screwed him.....

it's time for Pete Rose to shut up and live by his banishment.....he gave up his right to be involved in the game and he gave up his right to be in the HOF when he exercised his right to bet on the game.....now, he's trying to capitalize on the sale of his book by using the game of baseball again.....

Pete Rose belongs in a seedy, run-down establishment somewhere making toothpicks out of broken bats.....that way, baseball would be paying him and he would be getting what he deserved from the game.....splinters.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2004, 04:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I honestly could care less about him anymore and I don't really care what they decide or don't decide to do with him.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2004, 05:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Fact is we allow players back in the game time and time again for drug abuse, rape and murder charges, etc. and have allowed many members in the hall of fame with drug abuse problems, so why hold him back for gambling?
Old 05 Jan 2004, 05:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DarkGothicPrince~
Fact is we allow players back in the game time and time again for drug abuse, rape and murder charges, etc. and have allowed many members in the hall of fame with drug abuse problems, so why hold him back for gambling?

because, he gambled on the game he was involved with.....it is the rules of the union and the owners that you cannot bet on baseball.....he chose to break that rule.....

i agree, the drugs, alcohol, rape and murder charges are a stain on the game.....but, if it is continued, they are eventually banned or the game gets rid of them.....those people are generally not considered to be among the greats or hof'ers.....those that are become maligned for the things they have done.....

the fact of the matter is, Pete Rose bet on baseball.....for fourteen years he said he didn't.....he agreed to be banned from baseball.....for fourteen years he has whined about that agreement.....

Shoeless Joe Jackson gambled on baseball.....he was banned from baseball.....Shoeless Joe Jackson never once complained that he should be let back in.....

Pete Rose is a bitter, washed up old man who cannot come to grips with the fact that he lied, he broke the rules of baseball, he later served jail time for trying to deceive the government and he besmirched the game which gave him his existence......he should shut up and go home, because baseball is better off without him.....

Old 05 Jan 2004, 09:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
I agree. The way i see it, it happens , he just got caught, im sure he isnt the only one who has done it. But let it go already, give him his HOF nod, he deserves it, so does the game.
Double K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2004, 10:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double K
I agree. give him his HOF nod, he deserves it, so does the game.
not so.....Pete Rose does not deserve it.....his records do, but they are already there.....he has made a fortune because the game of baseball made him famous.....now, he's attempting to still use the game of baseball to further his fortune with his new book.....the man is not worthy of getting a bust in the hall of fame.....like i said, his records do belong there, but he does not.....

he recently said that the game of baseball doesn't owe him anything, yet he continues to use it for his gains......he's right, baseball doesn't owe him anything.....but he owes baseball his life.....

the game of baseball deserves better than for someone to drag it through the mud, lie for fourteen years about what he did and cry the entire time because he got caught.....Pete Rose isn't apologetic that he bet on baseball.....he's not apologetic that he lied about that fact.....he's just sorry he got caught and he doesn't want to pay for the consequences.....

baseball, it's fans, the HOF all deserve better than for a lying con artist to be considered one of the greats.....

Old 06 Jan 2004, 12:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

sugarcube is on a distinguished road

I think Pete Rose should be in the HOF he deserves to be. The gambling thing happened a long-time ago. He finally admitted his mistake. I think he's learned a-lot from the experience.

He was a great player. It's not like he's been the only baseball player in baseball who has done something terrible.

Why don't you watch the ABC special on Primetime-Thursday and you could judge for yourself if he does really deserve to be in the hall of fame or Not.
sugarcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2004, 12:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

he finally admitted his mistake is not correct.....he finally admitted he lied, but he doesn't think what he did was wrong.....watching the interview will not change my mind.....

Old 06 Jan 2004, 12:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

I think the big beef is that he had to say it in a book that he gambled, yet he didn't even say he's sorry and he still gambles. From what most of the experts are saying, he'll more then likely get in the hall, but Selig wants to read the book first, and most people are again upset because he still won't say he's sorry for what he did.
Old 06 Jan 2004, 12:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

the man gambled on his own team.....yet he says he did nothing wrong.....yet everytime he didn't bet on his team, the oddsmakers could say "well, he expects to lose".....that could be construed as collusion.....

end result, because i could argue about Rose all day, his accomplishments deserve to be there, but he does not.....once again, Pete Rose AGREED TO BE BANNED FROM BASEBALL FOR LIFE.....he needs to shut up and go on with life.....the game would be better for it.....

Old 06 Jan 2004, 12:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

I'm not saying what he did was right by any means, but look at the reaction he got at the all-star game a few years back, and the ceremony for top 50 players of all time, and the other ceremony. Fact is the fans want him in the hall, a majority of the players want him in, and if the hall can have drug addicts, criminals etc, why not Rose who did more for this game then half the players in the hall?
Old 06 Jan 2004, 12:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Quote:
I'm not saying what he did was right by any means, but look at the reaction he got at the all-star game a few years back, and the ceremony for top 50 players of all time
so he had his day in the sun.....his fifteen minutes back in the spotlight.....every player who was loved by the fans can come back after a few years and receive huge ovations.....Reggie Jackson is one of the most beloved figures in sports.....Mickey Mantle was considered among deity by many.....they didn't bet on the game, they didn't bet on their own team.....i brought these two up because they too caused controversy.....Mick legitimately apologized.....Reggie made up with the fans and with the Yankees.....

Pete Rose has been nothing but defiant for the past fourteen years, and he has tried to be above the game that he gave so much to and it gave so much back to him.....he has disgraced the game and the office of the commissioner by vehemently denying time and again what he did, showing no remorse for it, and demanding that he be allowed back in baseball.....

he had a talk radio show for many years, and basically it was a self-serving way for him to lobby about getting into the HOF.....for years, he would set up shop in Cooperstown during the induction ceremonies, making people pay for his autograph and trying to detract from the people who were inducted.....these are not things that are good for the game of baseball, they are good for Pete Rose's pocketbook.....fans still remember Charlie Hustle, and i have to admit, i enjoyed watching him play.....heck, i watched the game when he broke the hit record.....but what fans need to realize is that somewhere along the line, Pete Rose became a con artist.....he has tried to make himself bigger than the game of baseball.....and nobody, NOBODY, is bigger than the game.....

if he had never played the game, baseball would still be going.....if baseball hadn't made Pete Rose, no one would know.....

Old 06 Jan 2004, 12:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Ugh I see we're going to butt heads here again. He should be allowed into the hall for his accomplishments and what he did on the field and when he gets in i'm going to rejoice like crazy. You bring up many valid points which I can't dispute but the fact is the hall more or less has always been about the best players getting in for what they did on the field and Rose fits into what the hall is about for those who get in. *looks for mute button*
Old 06 Jan 2004, 12:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

now you've started it......but i will concur with the fact that his accomplishments belong in the hall.....only you have to agree that the man has no further place in baseball.....

sidenote: lol.....