ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Should Gonzaga go to the Pac 10?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jan 2004, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever
Default Should Gonzaga go to the Pac 10?

Being a religous zags fan that I am, shoud the Pac 10 offer Gonzaga a spot in their conference? Look at this team beating georgia, maryland, george washington, washington state, e. washington, and missouri this year.

Year in and year out this mid-conference team plays the best and beats the best, so is it time that a power conference on the west coast offered them a slot?
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2004, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I think Gonzaga is fine right where they're are. First, they are the flagship team of the WCC, in the Pac 10 they would be overshadowed by UCLA, USC and Washington. Secondly, Pac 10 is more of a football confrence and the Zags don't have a football team, so I doubt they're let in. Gonzaga is also a small school in student population (about 5,400) and the other schools are in the 10,000+ range.

If the Pac 10 expands, I see Utah and BYU getting invites
Dan Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2004, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Well I used to live in spokane and i'll tell ya this, the zags draw a shit load of fans man. I think they could compete, they beat wsahington state, and look at the teams they beat year in and year out, so how could you say they'd be over shadowed? Look at who the zags have beaten, ranked, etc. and look at the rest of the pac 10. Hell ucla lost to michigan and arizona is the bb force.
Old 05 Jan 2004, 01:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

What I ment by overshadowed was is when people think of the Pac 10, USC, UCLA and UW come to mind.

Gonzaga is a very good basketball program, IMO.
Dan Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2004, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

That's what i'm getting at. As good as this team is, they deserve to be in a much better conference where they'd get more recognition. I mean how many college basketball fans realise that the zags have wins over 5 top ten ranked teams this season?
Old 05 Jan 2004, 04:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Now if Pac 10 lets the Zags in, that would bring the confrence to 11 teams, what other school would you let in?
Old 07 Jan 2004, 04:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

I'd either move Stanford to the wac or bring in fresno state.
Old 09 Jan 2004, 09:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

sugarcube is on a distinguished road

The Zags are a good team and They would compete very well in the Pac-ten so I hope it happens.
sugarcube is offline   Reply With Quote