ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

6 reasons why Toronto won't win the cup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jan 2004, 01:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default 6 reasons why Toronto won't win the cup

Well this one is mainly for you Iglooman...

Their Creap: They never want to spend any money. They are one of the richest teams in the league, yet they won't even think about going out and bringing in a elite player. Without at least one elite player on your team you won't win. Oh and Sundin doesn't count

Speakin of Sundin. He has to be one of the most overrated players in the league. Do you even see him digging in the corner? Nope. Do you even see him taking a beating in front of the net? Nope. Where is he then? Floating around. If you even been to a game you can see it. All you see him do is floating around, hoping he'll get open so he can pop in that goal...

Domi: Well wouldn't it be nice to make like 2 million, and spend 35mins on the bench and another 20 in the box every game. How he makes 2 millions I don't know. All I know is this once again this proves that Quinn had to of been one of the worst gms in the league.

Marchment: You don't understand how much hate I have for this guy. I wish someone would check him from behind as hard as they could to cripple this little bitch. I don't know why the Leafs would sign another cement head. What does this make? The 12th on they have on the team?

Tucker: This guy is suppose to be cancer in the locker room. I have no fuckig clue how he has like 14 goals...or its something like that right? All he has going for him is a hot wife.

Defense: If it wasn't Belfour being so damn good you wouldn't be first place. That guy is your team. But you know what I find funny? He use to play like Turco when he was in Dallas. I guess that just proves how much he trusts his defense.

Well I'll stop there.
Old 03 Jan 2004, 01:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

Yeah, they haven't really gotten a big star while Quinn was GM. But now that they have a new GM (Ferguson), maybe they'll use some of the money they have since they are the highest profiting team in the league and get someone.

They need to pick up some half-decent defensemen. The Leafs are pretty much a one line defense team with McCabe and Kaberle. Better defense would take considerable amounts of pressure off of Belfour and in turn he'd probably play a lot better.

Sundin isn't much of a gritty-dig-for-the-puck type of player. That's why Quinn puts Roberts and Reichel (I think). But you have to give Sundin credit; if he's in a one-on-one or sometimes even a one-on-two he has a high chance of putting the puck in the back of the net. He's not one of my favourites, but he is a key part of their success.

The only reason Domi has been kept around, in my opinion, is that most of the fans love him. He digs for the puck and gets it out to the players who can do something productive with it. Although he hasn't been doing much of it lately, he's kinda like the enforcer of the team. I'll compare him to Dave Semenko of the Edmonton dynasty, just for the sake of a comparison.

I think that's enough for now.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2004, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Hmmm you seem to have you head attached. Usually Leaf fans would say something really stupid right about now. Maybe...just maybe i'll cut you some slack.
Old 03 Jan 2004, 03:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

I know what you mean. I've talked to Leaf fanswho think that people like Sundin are gods. They're doing good now, but there's still a lot of room to improve.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2004, 07:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

at the Domi comment.

But you have to admit, that guy has had a pretty good career for a guy who has no talent.

And about the Tucker comment, I think the reason he is playing better is because they finally got rid of Corson, what a waste of space that guy was. With him gone, Tucker can now focus more on the game. Corson is a goon and was probably more of a cancer in the locker room then Tucker ever was.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2004, 02:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

$cotchpreet#2 is on a distinguished road
Default yo

oh hell no the maple leafs will not win the cup, they will never, they should just sit down, so should tsn and learn that the canucks are the team now.
$cotchpreet#2 is offline   Reply With Quote