ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Belichick wins COTY....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jan 2004, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Belichick wins COTY....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1699420

I'm not surprised at this. His defense was ravaged by injuries and they still played incredibly well. He doesn't really have an offensive superstar (other than Brady) and they went 14-2. He really does deserve this award, even though I hate him and the Patriots
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2004, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

he's deserving of the award, but i think Marvin Lewis was more deserving.....Lewis turned a moribund franchise around.....Belichik won with a team that won the Super Bowl two years ago......and has been a solid team for the past decade.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2004, 02:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

There were a few coaches this year that really desvered it. Each one you could make a strong case why they should of got it. But its amazing what he did with the team with all of those injuries.
Old 03 Jan 2004, 08:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Belichick is a genius, that guy makes the right calls all the time.

The Patriots don't even have a good team on paper, but he somehow made it work and got 14 wins out of it.

I don't see how you couldn't give it to him.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2004, 09:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I think that the award should have been split between Bill and Marvin Lewis, IMO. Remember, Marvin took a 2-14 team and a very bad franchise into playoff contention until the final week.
Dan Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2004, 09:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I think that the award should have been split between Bill and Marvin Lewis, IMO. Remember, Marvin took a 2-14 team and a very bad franchise into playoff contention until the final week.
Yeah but at some point or another the Bungles were going to improve. Like c'mon people, they only won 8 games. Had they've been in any other division other than the weak AFC North they wouldn't have even had a chance.

If they did make the playoffs then yeah, you could argue that. But not for going 8-8, so what if they were 2-14 in 2002. Anything can happen in the NFL, look at the Raiders.

Like I said before Belichick is a genius. That game where he intentionally took the safety only putting him in a bigger hole just to get a chance to get the ball back was amazing.

What other coach would have done that and made it worth the while?
Old 03 Jan 2004, 09:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Im not denying Bill being a genius(he surrounds himself with good minds, he has the two best coordinators in the NFL and one of them will be a head coach this year), but you have to remember the Cincinnati situation. 10+ non playoff streak, draft bust after draft bust and a terrible bastard of a owner. Hell it even go so bad here(I live 2 hours from Cincinnati), the team was being sued for not being competive. Marvin basically changed the tone of the franchise from one of expecting to lose to one where winning is possible. I realize that this is the first year or the Lewis regime and many guys did have career years, Kitna especially, so down the road we'll see if Marvin is really building somthing. But he did win in a bad situation.
Old 03 Jan 2004, 10:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah, I'm not taking away from what he did because I know he came into a bad situation. I just don't think what he did was enough to win coach of the year.

But you never know, that honour might be his in the years to come.

Only time will tell with this team.
Old 03 Jan 2004, 10:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
In love with Cherelle

Duece is on a distinguished road

it was clear he was gonna get it

<a href="http://www.musicfeet.com" target="_blank"><embed name="RAOCXplayer" src="http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll%3Fsid=5446090&pt=url&xdata=0-17030857-NaN&s=0&b=&zz=a.asx" type="application/x-mplayer2" width="320" height="265" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="0" AutoSize="false" loop="true" EnableContextMenu="0" DisplaySize="0" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/"></embed><p>Get More Music Videos @ MusicFeet.com</a>
Duece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2004, 10:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Seriously, I expect Cincy to take a step back next year. Carson Palmer will be the starter and new QB's always have a learning curve and like I said in my post, many guys did have career years, it will be difficult to have ALL those guys to play like that again.

Saving grace is that, AFC North isnt that good.
Old 03 Jan 2004, 10:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

Ok, is anyone else hearing music when they come into this thread?

wtf is going on?
Old 03 Jan 2004, 10:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

I do, sounds like soul music
Old 03 Jan 2004, 10:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

Yeah this is really fucked up, I can't explain this.

Who's idea of a sick joke is this?
Old 03 Jan 2004, 10:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I think its from that Duece guy.
Old 03 Jan 2004, 10:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Proably is