ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Dolphins stick with Wannstedt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Dec 2003, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Dolphins stick with Wannstedt

DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt was given a two-year contract extension Monday, but will lose control over player personnel decisions.

After missing the playoffs for the second straight year despite a 10-6 record, Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga decided to keep Wannstedt and hire a general manager to handle roster decisions.

"This reorganization will allow the new general manager to devote all of his attention to improving the talent on our roster," Huizenga said in a statement, "and at the same time it will give coach Wannstedt and his staff the ability to focus even more on preparing the team to play every week."

Wannstedt, whose contract now runs through the 2006 season, is fine with the change that allows him to focus on just coaching.

"I've never been concerned about titles," he said. "I'm the head football coach. I want to coach football."

Team president Eddie Jones said the team's current senior vice president of football operations, Rick Spielman, was a candidate for the GM's job, but declined to name others on that list.

"We have a list and I'm sure it will grow," Jones said. "We have not talked to anyone except Rick."

Possible candidates for the GM job, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports, include current Buffalo Bills assistant general manager Tom Modrak, former New Orleans Saints general manager Randy Mueller, and Tim Ruskell, who is currently the personnel director with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Also Monday, the Dolphins fired wide receivers coach Robert Ford.

Wannstedt said he and Huizenga met early Monday to discuss the franchise's plan for 2004 and beyond. Huizenga was not at a news conference to announce Wannstedt's extension -- his helicopter was seen leaving the Dolphins' practice facility twice in the morning, the final time about 25 minutes before the extension was announced.

For weeks, Wannstedt, whose 10-year record as an NFL coach is 81-79, has heard questions and speculation about his future with the Dolphins, something he acknowledged wore on him. Now, at least for a short term, his footing with the franchise is solid.

"It hasn't been easy," Wannstedt said. "But it's part of the job. That's how I look at it."

The Dolphins are 41-23 in Wannstedt's four seasons, with just one playoff victory.

espn.com
--------

So do you think this is a good move? Or should they have looked for somone else?
Old 29 Dec 2003, 07:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Well I hate the dolphins but they made the right choice keeping wannstedt on. I mean to avg. 10 wins in the last 4 years let alone the teams they play is pretty damn good. They just need to address a few key spots and they'll be fine.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2003, 07:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

it's the same story every year with the Dolphins.....pre season super bowl contender, hot start, mid season drop off, late season disaster.....at least enough to keep them out of the playoffs.....

they never could get Marino a running back, now they can't get Ricky a qb.....keeping Wannstedt wasn't a bad move, imo.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2003, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Ricky Williams is on again off again and not that consistant, and switching qb's all the time doesn't help them either.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 08:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

yeah, Ricky is a workhorse, but he isn't in the top echelon of rb's.....even though people try to make him one.....cracked me up when he had the 44 carry game early in the season and the announcers kept talking about how great a game it was.....he averaged 3.2 yards per carry.....

like i said, a workhorse, but not a great back.....seems like Wannstedt always played musical qb's in Chicago also.....

Old 30 Dec 2003, 12:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Does anyone think that Kurt Warner could come to Miami since Miami needs to adress their QB situation.
Dan Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2003, 01:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Warner was on espnews the other day and said that he plans on staying in st. louis be it back up or not because him and his wife are happy there and that's where he's going to stay.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 02:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DarkGothicPrince~
Warner was on espnews the other day and said that he plans on staying in st. louis be it back up or not because him and his wife are happy there and that's where he's going to stay.
I can't see how he is happy in St.Louis sitting on the bench. He could be a started on alot of teams.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 01:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

That would be interesting to see Warner in Miami. That would bring some life to the team and also, make it so that Ricky doesn't have to carry the bal 46 times a game, which means he will be around in 2007, because at the rate he is going now, he is not gonna be around much longer. I want to see what Warner can do in Miami.

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2003, 03:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Well being that i'm not far from missouri, I listen to a lot of the local radio shows and Warner has stated that while he doesn't think the world of being a back up, he loves the st. louis area and wants to finish his career there. Should Warner run this team to the superbowl and win it, look for him to regain the starting job next season. Either way, he's happy in the area and wants to stay put. The Rams want him there, he wants to stay, and i'm sure he's not leaving.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 03:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

where are you from, Ice?.....

btw, Warner does love the area, and he will get another shot at winning the qb job.....i totally agree.....

Old 31 Dec 2003, 03:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Where am I from? Michigan orig. but lived outside of st. louis in belleville, il and now i'm in dallas, tx but moving back to st.louis or belleville around feb. Texas sucked for me and there's no reason to stay anymore. But I have family in the area, and that sat. radio so I pick up a lot of st. louis stations.

Yes, I agree that he'll get his chance and with Bulger hurt....people need to look at how poorly Bulger actually played this season. The reason for their success was luvi smith, tory holt, faulk, bruce and turley anlong with williams. Bulger was a qb disaster who was lucky enough to have a great defensive team and some good offensive players.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 03:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

^^^finally someone who realizes Bulger isn't the reason the Rams are a good team.....but then again, i like Warner as a qb.....

Old 31 Dec 2003, 03:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Oh i've never jumped on the Bulger band wagon. This is Warners team, but the fact is you could almost take any qb and put them in that line-up and they'd have done the same if not better, I think Warner could've had this team at 14-2 if not 15-1 this year imo.

Bulger has to many int's and his qb and td rating sucks. He's bad under pressure and can't run for squat to ditch the blitz. It's a shame that the offense and defense are being given enough credit and everyone raves over bulger and I don't know why. Hell had Eric Crouch stayed around, i'm sure he'd have replaced Bulger as back up but the baby from lincoln ran out on them twice.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 03:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

heh......Couch left the highest paying job he'd ever have for nothing.....