ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

NFL Coaching Carousel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Dec 2003, 03:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default NFL Coaching Carousel

Sorry I didn't see the same thread below

Well with the season winding down, here is my opinion of who will get the axe and who will be their replacments.

Atlanta- Dan Reeves was fired(wasnt reall his fault) and I see Falcons getting an offsensive guru to help the development of Mike Vick like Denver's Gary Kubiak, Miami's Norv Turner or LSU Head Coach Nick Saban as replacments. They also have Wade Phillips on the roster, he's a former Bills coach and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get promoted.

Buffalo- Talk out of Orchard Park is that Head Coach Gregg Williams and his Offensive Coordinator Kevin Gilbride will get sent packing. From what I heard (I read a lot of forums, so take what I say for what's its worth), Bills fans want to raid the Patriots coaching staff. This includes D Coordinator Romeo Crennel and O Coordinator Charlie Weis.

Miami- Dolphins Owner Wayne Huizenga said that on Monday or Tuesday, we will know the fate of Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt. Personally, I dont think he will stay after missing the playoffs for 2 straight years despite having an all star defense and Ricky Williams. Meanwhile in Washington, there is talk of Steve Spurrier resigning and heading back to Florida. Spurrier hasn't said anything official but Spurrier does love the state of Florida and Miami is in better talent shape than Washington is now, so its wait and see on Spurrier but keep in mind as of now Wannstedt is still coach.

NY Giants- Fassel is already out the door. Giants are going after the 2 Patriots Coordinators but another name has popped up, former Boston College and Jaguars coach Tom Coughlin. Coughlin did an amazing job with the Jags but has a reputation of being a total dictator. It is also rumored that Coughlin wants a GM/Coach role, similar to his in Jacksonville, but will the Giants be willing to part with Ernie Ascorsi, Giants GM to get coughlin? Also look for Cowboys Asst. Head Coach Sean Payton to get a look.

Oakland- It appears Bill Callahan could be given the boot. Names for that job include Former Vikings Head Coach Denny Green (who wants a duel role as well), Coughlin and a dark horse canidate former Washington Huskies Head Coach Rick Neuheisel. Neuheisel coached Raiders QB of the Future Marques Tuiasosopo back at UW.

Chicago- I don't know much about their situation but what I do know is that Bears President/GM Jerry Angelo said that the Bears failed to meet any of their goals this year, but with the emergence of QB Rex Grossman and the roll they are going to end their season on, it's 50/50 on Dick Jauron's future.

Arizona- Poor Dave McGinnis, can't get a break on this team but he has a budding superstar in Anquan Boldin and they could very well draft Eli Manning or Ben Rothlisberger. However, I have heard that Cardinals officials are very intrested in giving ex Giants coach Jim Fassel a look.

Other coaching candiates I havent mentioned is Rams D Coordinator Lovie Smith, Steelers O Coordinator Mike Mularkey and Oklahoma Head Coach Bob Stoops.

Last edited by Dan Snyder; 28 Dec 2003 at 09:41 AM.
Dan Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2003, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Well i'm reading here on espn, and it looks like the Dolphins are going to keep Wannstedt. I don't think Jauron will be fired though. The Bears have been playing pretty good lately. And you need to give the guy a break. Look who he has to deal with. But besides all of that I agree with the rest of your list.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Also according to ESPN.com, Buffalo's Gregg Williams, Oakland's Bill Callahan and Chicago's Dick Jauron will be fired.

The players love Dick Jauron and he's part of the Bears family tradition, if anything I'd look for Offensive Coordinator John Shoop to leave as well too.

Last edited by Dan Snyder; 28 Dec 2003 at 07:40 PM.
Dan Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote