ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

no wonder its the No Fun League....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Dec 2003, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default no wonder its the No Fun League....

ESPN.com news services
A pair of Texans decided to make fun of New Orleans receiver Joe Horn during Sunday's game against the Titans. Apparently the NFL is not amused.

Texans general manager Charley Casserly has been informed by the league that quarterback David Carr and center Steve McKinney will be fined for mocking the routine that cost Horn $30,000, the Houston Chronicle reported Thursday. The report did not specify the amount of the fines.

In the third quarter against the Titans, Carr scrambled right and hit Corey Bradford for a 20-yard touchdown strike. Carr and McKinney inspected the padding around the goal post, pretending to look for a cell phone like the one Joe Horn used to make an end zone call on Dec. 14 in a rout of the Giants.

There was no phone, and Carr waved his hand below his chin, as if to tell the crowd the Texans didn't practice such stunts. It appeared to be all in fun -- until the league responded.

"That's the league being the league," McKinney told the Chronicle on Wednesday. "We'll appeal it and probably get our money back. If we do have to pay, I think David should have to pay. I was just an innocent bystander. We were just having fun. I don't really care. It was still fun. You have to spice things up every now and then."

"We were just having some fun," Carr told the newspaper. "We weren't trying to hurt anyone's feelings."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

what a load of crap.....can't believe they would fine them for "not" celebrating.....sheesh....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2003, 01:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

I found it funny myself, but then again maybe david carr and his partner in crime should've concentrated on winning the game that they blew in the final seconds, rather then making fun of horn and trying to get on sportscenter.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2003, 04:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

hey that may of been the only way for him to get on sportcenter that doesnt involve him getting sacked for the 100th time or getting injured
Old 26 Dec 2003, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Carr is a good qb *hate to admit it * it's the rest of the team that sucks.
Old 26 Dec 2003, 04:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

well if he was good he could of scrambled out of some of the 70+ sacks he had last year
Old 26 Dec 2003, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Hard to scramble when you have no protection from your offensive lline.
Old 26 Dec 2003, 05:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Syn, I know you're a sports fan and know quite a bit about football, but saying, "well if he was good he could of scrambled out of some of the 70+ sacks he had last year" is ignorant. Soem QBs scramble, and some do not. Carr is one of them that does not. Just because he doesn't scramble, doesn't mean he's a bad QB. I guess by your logic, you're saying Marino was a bad QB

Anyways, it's bogus that they're being fined. The NFL really needs to take a look at themselves. They don't allow any kind of celebrations. Like I said in my thread about celebrations, they need to let these guys have fun. Who cares if they use a prop or not. Let some people have fun, because I'm sure fans enjoy it a lot more when their team celebrates creatively.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2003, 05:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Fact is so many people got selfish and so stupid with their dances and showing off that it's become unsportsmanlike.

I mean what do you have to gain by celebrating when yiou're up 45-0 with 3 minutes left? Fun yes, but there's got to be a line drawn somewhere between fun and being out of text. It's not about showmans ship and lot like it used to be. Take a look at espn classics sometime and see how the game used to be played and how celebrations were scored, fact is it's a far out cry, and bogus shit now days.
Old 26 Dec 2003, 05:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

the classiest ones are the Barry Sanders, Marcus Allens and even OJ Simpsons.....score, hand the ball to the ref and go cheer on the special teams.....

Old 26 Dec 2003, 05:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

You forgot Roger Craig and Steve Largent.
Old 26 Dec 2003, 05:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo
the classiest ones are the Barry Sanders, Marcus Allens and even OJ Simpsons.....score, hand the ball to the ref and go cheer on the special teams.....
Classy? Yes. Exciting? Far from it.

Good for them if they don't want to celebrate. Not everyone likes to be modest. Some like to be flashy and over the top. The NFL should be embracing celebrations like TO's Sharpie, Horn's celly, etc.
Old 26 Dec 2003, 05:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DarkGothicPrince~
You forgot Roger Craig and Steve Largent.
you are correct, sir.....they deserve the mention.....

Stick, my argument here may be a bad one, but.....the guys i mentioned are all hall of famers.....TO maybe, Horn never......if they respect the game, the game will respect them.....the NFL is a sport that rewards the greatness it puts forth.....don't have to showoff to be rewarded.....

Old 26 Dec 2003, 05:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

That is a verrrrryyyyy bad argument How many guys in the Hall WERE flashy? I'm sure there were plenty of them....
Old 26 Dec 2003, 05:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

i said it could be bad.........

for some reason, i think of more of the non flashy guys in the hall.....Montana, Lott, Craig.....soon to be Aikman, Emmitt.....Len Dawson, soon to be DT.....John Riggins.....Elway.....

that's not to say they always just handed the ball to the official, but they sure wouldn't pull out a cell phone.....

the Merlin Olsens, Ditkas and the like were the same way.....

Old 26 Dec 2003, 05:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

lol. I can't believe they got fined that much. I don't think they should of be fined to being with, but if your going to give a fine for doing that it should just like a 10k fine.